Comp wont boot

YZGI

Comp wont boot

Post by YZGI »

An employ of mine borrowed my lap top last night and brought it back this morning. I hooked it up and turned it on, it won't boot up now. It asks for the password to log on but it has never been password protected to log on. When I try to just log on with or without a password, a log on message comes up.

:The system cannot log you on now because the domain BRAD is not available:

It does this whether I try as Administrator or under my name which is what I put into the comp when I first set it up. I have never had an "Administrator" log on before. I had it set up to just open up and go without having to log on so workers could use it for comp related programs we have for diagnostics.

I have tried SAFE MODE also without any luck.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Betty Boop

Comp wont boot

Post by Betty Boop »

No practical help, but I'd be handing it back to the person that borrowed it and demanding they return it to it's original state!! I'd also be wanting to know what on earth they did to it and why :thinking:
YZGI

Comp wont boot

Post by YZGI »

Betty Boop;1361986 wrote: No practical help, but I'd be handing it back to the person that borrowed it and demanding they return it to it's original state!! I'd also be wanting to know what on earth they did to it and why :thinking:

They are playing dumb. It's an employee and cousin. I reckon if it comes to it I will try the reset to factory deal if I cant get in and fix it.
Betty Boop

Comp wont boot

Post by Betty Boop »

YZGI;1361987 wrote: They are playing dumb. It's an employee and cousin. I reckon if it comes to it I will try the reset to factory deal if I cant get in and fix it.

I'm guessing you'll never loan it again hey. I'm sure someone with some knowledge will be along later, ie Carla or Bryn :D
YZGI

Comp wont boot

Post by YZGI »

Betty Boop;1361988 wrote: I'm guessing you'll never loan it again hey. I'm sure someone with some knowledge will be along later, ie Carla or Bryn :D

Thanks Betty. Nope the comp stays here from now on. Try to lend a hand and it seems to always get bitten. Oh well, hopefully I can fix this thing without going factory. If I go to factory reset I have a few hours of work to do on it to get the info back in it.
YZGI

Comp wont boot

Post by YZGI »

When I turn it on it goes to a log on screen with my name. A message comes up :bcmwltry.exe- Unable to locate:

Then in the message box. :The application has failed to start because CFGMGR32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Odie

Comp wont boot

Post by Odie »

YZGI;1361992 wrote: When I turn it on it goes to a log on screen with my name. A message comes up :bcmwltry.exe- Unable to locate:

Then in the message box. :The application has failed to start because CFGMGR32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

wait for Carla, she knows it all regarding computers.

hey wait, I'll call her for you

OH Carla, come out, come out, wherever you are.
Life is just to short for drama.
Bryn Mawr

Comp wont boot

Post by Bryn Mawr »

What make and model of laptop is it? If it is a boot password that's been added then the reset will vary with the type of laptop you have.

Before it gets to the login does it go through the BIOS set-up message?
YZGI

Comp wont boot

Post by YZGI »

It's a Dell with XP. I think it does the bios set up yes. Thanks for your time Bryn.
Bryn Mawr

Comp wont boot

Post by Bryn Mawr »

YZGI;1362004 wrote: It's a Dell with XP. I think it does the bios set up yes. Thanks for your time Bryn.

We'd need the model number as well.
YZGI

Comp wont boot

Post by YZGI »

Pp21l
Bryn Mawr

Comp wont boot

Post by Bryn Mawr »

YZGI;1362006 wrote: Pp21l

Inspiron 1300?

I'll check it out when I get home if another kind soul hasn't talked you through it.
YZGI

Comp wont boot

Post by YZGI »

Bryn Mawr;1362007 wrote: Inspiron 1300?

I'll check it out when I get home if another kind soul hasn't talked you through it.

Inspiron B120 Thanks Bryn
Kathy Ellen

Comp wont boot

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Yzgi,

Hope you get your computer fixed. I don't let anyone borrow mine anymore!
YZGI

Comp wont boot

Post by YZGI »

Kathy Ellen;1362010 wrote: Hi Yzgi,

Hope you get your computer fixed. I don't let anyone borrow mine anymore!

Thanks KE, I like to help out my employees when I can. I think I'm going to go ahead and do a factory reset. Hope it works.
flopstock

Comp wont boot

Post by flopstock »

Here's what you want to use:

Active@ Boot Disk - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads

When my boss died in Feb, no one had his personal passwords for his home equipment.

This got me right in.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

chonsigirl

Comp wont boot

Post by chonsigirl »

Good luck YZGI!
YZGI

Comp wont boot

Post by YZGI »

flopstock;1362018 wrote: Here's what you want to use:

Active@ Boot Disk - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads

When my boss died in Feb, no one had his personal passwords for his home equipment.

This got me right in.

chonsigirl;1362019 wrote: Good luck YZGI!

Damn, I have no patience. I did a factory reset before I saw your post Flop. Thanks everyone but my lack of patience cost me a few more hours of software updating and lots of data entering. I'll be bust for a few days so I'll check in now and then for a rest and to see your laughing on the floor smileys at me.
Odie

Comp wont boot

Post by Odie »

YZGI;1362022 wrote: Damn, I have no patience. I did a factory reset before I saw your post Flop. Thanks everyone but my lack of patience cost me a few more hours of software updating and lots of data entering. I'll be bust for a few days so I'll check in now and then for a rest and to see your laughing on the floor smileys at me.

oh you poor guy having to go thru so much, you should have told him to fix it.
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Computers Internet”