Keyloggers on some Samsung factory-default laptops?

spot

Post by spot »

I can, quite frankly, not believe it. On the other hand it's being reported as having happened. Reconciling those two positions will make this a story well worth following.Hassan said when he called and logged an incident report with Samsung on March 1, support personnel initially denied that keylogging software was on Samsung laptops and then referred him to Microsoft, saying "all Samsung did was manufacture the hardware," he writes. Eventually, a supervisor got on the phone and confirmed that Samsung put the software on the laptop to monitor machine performance "and to find out how it is being used."

Are there keyloggers on Samsung laptops? | InSecurity Complex - CNET News

I don't think it's possible that Samsung can have been so witless. I think it has to turn out to be a hoax but it's hoaxing some very respectable publications if that's the case. It's a major story either way.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

Post by koan »

wow.

If it's true someone is gonna get fired. Or someone is going to get blamed and fired and given a nice severance package.
spot

Post by spot »

The plonkers responsible for the false-positive virus detection have put their hand up at GFI LABS Blog: Samsung Laptops do not have a keylogger (and it was our fault)

Dozy prats.

So no, Samsung did nothing of the sort. Samsung's helpline supervisor who said they did will no doubt be fed to the fishes and a good thing too. Helpline supervisors who invent excuses instead of provide help are anathema.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Interensting everyone blames the other guy...!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Return to “Computers Internet”