HELP ! Why have my photos in Photobase all got 'No Entry' signs top left corner ?

G#Gill

HELP ! Why have my photos in Photobase all got 'No Entry' signs top left corner ?

Post by G#Gill »

I have this programme called Photobase, and when I scan pictures and other documents they are installed in Photobase automatically. I needed to take a copy of a document from Photobase the other day, but it had this 'No Entry' sign in the top left hand corner of the displayed document. I attempted to take a copy of it but a message came up that this was not possible, and something to do with not recognising the file or something. This morning I scanned a couple of photos, and along with a couple of items recently scanned, I 'dragged and dropped' about 6 items (there were no 'no entry' signs in the top left at that time) onto a separate file in 'My Pictures'. They seem quite happy sittting in the new file and I can take copies from them.

Back in the Photobase, those same pics etc. that I D & D'd now have 'no entry' signs in the top left corner of the pic in Photobase !!! I cannot now do anything with them ! I am very glad I D & D'd them to a separate file so at least I will be able to copy them if necessary.

Please can anybody help me to resolve this problem in my Photobase, as there are over 100 items that I would have to re-do if I can (some of them I will not be able to do anything about unfortunately). This will all take a lot of time. I haven't the faintest if it is something that I may have done inadvertently or whether I have a virus, or whether this is standard for this particular programme Photobase.

I have noticed that the colour photos that were already on at installation do not have this 'no entry' sign on them. Actually I can't remember whether Photobase came with the laptop when I bought it, or whether it was something I installed yunks ago - my laptop was one of the first XP models and is a Toshiba with centrino and Pentium intel etc. I did increase its processor speed to 1.4G some time ago.

What I'd like to know really, is there any way I can just remove those 'no entry' signs so I can then D & D all the items to an independent file ? :yh_eyerol:yh_sad
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Well thank you, all 37 of you. Maybe you are as dumb as I am !:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

But I really do hope there is somebody out there who can help this poor pathetic old woman ! :yh_eyerol:yh_sad:yh_worry:yh_blush
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Is Photobase an online site where you store your pictures??
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

CARLA;1354681 wrote: Is Photobase an online site where you store your pictures??

No I don't think so. Although it does 'store' my photos etc that I have scanned, I do not store my bulk of photos on Photobase. From the beginning when I scan items, it automatically puts them onto Photobase. I seem to have had this programme from when I first got my laptop, and that was a good few years ago when XP was just out. I just cannot remember whether it came already installed on my laptop or whether I installed it fairly early on from the internet. I can't find any discs, documentation, install instructions for it, so I'm thinking it came with the laptop. Whilst I've been typing this I have checked in my 'All my programmes' (what a prat, I should have done this in the first place ! duh !). On checking the 'readme' alongside it's name on the list, I see it is Arcsoft.com. and it's Photobase 3. There is a website and phone numbers so maybe I will send them an email explaining my problem.

Thanks Carla for at least posting to me, I just wondered if anybody else had met this problem in similar circumstances and may be able to tell me how they had sorted it. Well now that I have found a contact for the company, maybe I can get it sorted after all.

Once again, Carla, thanks for your interest.:-6
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I'm just guessing it might be an update to the software that is needed. "Arcsoft" is a common software that comes with scanners and camera. It seems its not scanning as it should.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Oh thanks for that, yes I suppose it could have come with the scanner I bought some years ago. It is a Canon scanner, and I really can't remember how, what, or when ! I think it's my age you know LOL. Well, hopefully the company will be able to help me out when I contact them.
spot

Post by spot »

I'd hope that ArcSoft PhotoBase 3 would store the photos as normal .jpg files somewhere on your system and that you'd be able to copy/paste them into a directory of your own. The trouble is working out where they might be hidden away.

Do you know the filenames or did PhotoBase choose them itself?

Are you experienced enough to search for files with Windows Explorer?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

spot;1354700 wrote: I'd hope that ArcSoft PhotoBase 3 would store the photos as normal .jpg files somewhere on your system and that you'd be able to copy/paste them into a directory of your own. The trouble is working out where they might be hidden away.

Do you know the filenames or did PhotoBase choose them itself?

Are you experienced enough to search for files with Windows Explorer?

You must know, Mr spot, that I really am a dimble dick as regards computers, except the really basic stuff that can be taught to a 4 year old ! LOL

I suspect that Photobase 3 did it all by itself. I really think it was a bit of a liberty shoving a flippin 'no entry' sign on all my items. The thing is that it is only really the last year that I have noticed this blinkin sign, and as I had no need to copy any of the pics, I never had occasion to discover that I could not retrieve my pics until the other day! I can't understand why Photobase should put a stop on like that, and it would be nice to just find a magic button, click on it and find the damn sign gone and regain my access to my own pics !
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Yep Spot has it right just find where it scanned them by doing search on your drive C: for *.jpg or *.bmp, or *.gif or whatever the files extention Arcsoft uses, that might tell you what directory they are in.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

CARLA;1354705 wrote: Yep Spot has it right just find where it scanned them by doing search on your drive C: for *.jpg or *.bmp, or *.gif or whatever the files extention Arcsoft uses, that might tell you what directory they are in.

I'll have a go at that, Carla and spot, but if you don't see me for 7 days please call out the guard and come looking for me, cos I might have stored myself in one to those directories ! LOL Thanks again both !

Return to “Computers Internet”