windows 7

kas

windows 7

Post by kas »

windows 7 firefox

when I show my photos and try to put them on full screen they automatically go on to "slideshow mode" I don't want this, can I just show photos on full screen size without the slideshow?
spot

windows 7

Post by spot »

I'm not convinced you're using Firefox to display the photos. What program are you using to see them with? If it were me I'd use Irfanview but there are lots of alternatives and quite likely the one you're in has the right option too.

If right-clicking gives a "turn off slideshow" option, that might do what you want.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
kas

windows 7

Post by kas »

Spot it's windows photo viewer. I'm new to this please explain
spot

windows 7

Post by spot »

I don't have Windows 7 to check, but I'd have thought that if you're viewing a picture with it and press F11 it'll just go to full screen without a slideshow starting. If that's not so, and right-clicking on the photo doesn't give you a no-slideshow choice, the pull-down menus ought to have an option to prevent it from starting. Isn't there a setting for the number of seconds between changes, for example?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

windows 7

Post by Betty Boop »

I have windows 7 but don't have the photo viewer, if I do I'm missing it somewhere.

If you press F1 whilst in the photo viewer you should get a help screen appear, maybe somewhere there it will tell you what you need to do. :)
CARLA

windows 7

Post by CARLA »

Windows 7 has a "MEDIA CENTER" for all audio, pictures and video viewing. If your using "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" different program totally and part of the office suite. I'm not sure where firefox comes in and what program you are using to view your pictures? If using Media Center let us know exactly where in the view process your running into problems. Usually if you right click on any picture it will show you the option for settings all pictures can be viewed individually before the slide show begins you have to click on "start slide show" it or it won't start.

Simple solution is search for you picture folder open it and view them that way. Search pane in windows 7 is at the bottom of all programs click on START and your programs show up on the left of your screen seasrch pane at the bottom. If you put in the word picture it will show you where they are.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

kas

windows 7

Post by kas »

Thanks for info everybody, I haven't had chance to check yet because I'm just in process of doing a house clearance, I'll let you know how it pans out.
koan

windows 7

Post by koan »

I have windows 7 now and at the time of purchase I was really nervous. I've been lucky so far, only having had windows 95 and XP missing out on the horrendous ME, Vista, and other disasters microsoft came up with. I don't like using other people's computers for exactly the same reason I don't like switching operating systems: I like everything to be where I expect it and to be called its proper name.

When I adjust my display settings I want it to be called "properties" not "personalize". I'm not having a dialogue with a machine, I'm searching for freakin' functions.

Having said that, I'm rather liking windows 7 so far.

Return to “Computers Internet”