Windows new OS Vista

Marie5656

Windows new OS Vista

Post by Marie5656 »

So, it is being released tomorrow. They apparently have several different editions of it from Business to personal.

I hear some stores are going to open at midnight to start selling it.

So..woukld you get it?
Bryn Mawr

Windows new OS Vista

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Marie5656;533981 wrote: So, it is being released tomorrow. They apparently have several different editions of it from Business to personal.

I hear some stores are going to open at midnight to start selling it.

So..woukld you get it?

If it came free on a new machine I'd try it before loading something decent :-)

I certainly won't be paying £300 to try it.

Main advantage appears to be that they (claim to have) fixed the security problems.
Elvira

Windows new OS Vista

Post by Elvira »

I've got it at home and it's bloody brilliant! Such enhanced funcionality! XP is nothing in comparison!

OH works for MS!
Marie5656

Windows new OS Vista

Post by Marie5656 »

flopstock;534000 wrote: You try it first...:D

OK, here is the deal..we are planning to buy a new PC in the summer or fall. I will try it then and let you know.
Elvira

Windows new OS Vista

Post by Elvira »

It's totally amazing - although if it's just the interface you want then you can customize XP to look like it. (although you can't get the whizzy pre-screen tabs that let you scroll through and actually see your options in miniature)

You really need at least 2g memory though, as it's slow on 1g.
Galbally

Windows new OS Vista

Post by Galbally »

Nah, they will be giving it away with whatever PC I have to buy in the future when they work out how to make this one obsolete anyways this laptop only has 512 megs of ram, apparently you need at least 1,024 Mbts for Vista (they say you can run it on 512 but its crap) so once again the OS has been developed to soak up whatever upgrades your new pc has, (boring and typical), I'm sure its fine, it looks cool, and it probably has loads of bells and whistles, but I will wait as I am not that pushed about getting the latest PC stuff, anyway, my next computer is going to be a mac so it won't be that relevant to me. :)
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Elvira

Windows new OS Vista

Post by Elvira »

To be perfectly honest with you, if you only really use your PC at a funtional level it's not really worth it.

I've got it at home on a laptop that's 1G and it's really slowwed things down a bit.

I do love the whizzy things, but it doesn't make me any more effective.
The Rob

Windows new OS Vista

Post by The Rob »

Okay folks, we are now running Windows Vista due to the purchase of a new system (that so far just effink rawks, by the way :guitarist), and I can tell you that it's quite nice as compared to Millenium (can't compare it to XP as I've never used it extensively).

Lovely as it all is to look at, I shut most of the extra glamour off. "Aero" = RAM suckage. It still looks nice.
chonsigirl

Windows new OS Vista

Post by chonsigirl »

Is this a newer version of the Vista they already have? It is on my new computer, not as nice as XP at all.
Peg

Windows new OS Vista

Post by Peg »

I have ME, my kids have XP, and hubby has 98. We have Vista at work and I'm just not impressed.
spot

Windows new OS Vista

Post by spot »

The new laptop I got last month came with Vista and I thought I'd configure it up to behave properly.

So I thought I'd show off a screen dump and see if I got anyone to blink...

Attached files
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Computers Internet”