Things to do at home + fun activities to keep you busy during your Covid19 quarantine

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
OntarioDumpster

Things to do at home + fun activities to keep you busy during your Covid19 quarantine

Post by OntarioDumpster »

Self-quarantining and social distancing? If you’re staying put in your house, hotel or villa, What ctivities to keep you busy during your Covid19 quarantine?

FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I learned to crochet over Christmas. I now have a multi coloured blanket about 1.8m square. You could learn how to knit / crochet.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I've been taking training.

I are now a certified RV inspector.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
AlexCaro

Re: Things to do at home + fun activities to keep you busy during your Covid19 quarantine

Post by AlexCaro »

One of my hobbies these days was testing out different grilling techniques. We tried different marinades, lump and briquette charcoal, wood, etc. By the way, one of our favorite marinades was spicy chicken wings with cherry jam. After trying briquettes we found out they had that chemical taste. At first, we thought this chemical taste was because of bad chicken but it repeated two or three times. Then we tried different marinades, still, nothing worked. Now we're experimenting with different kinds of lump charcoal We already tried Kamado Joe (the best one for now but a little expensive), Weber, and Rockwood. I also heard Jealous Devil is good.
The most interesting thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it. :D
AlexCaro

Re: Things to do at home + fun activities to keep you busy during your Covid19 quarantine

Post by AlexCaro »

Well, I don't know if anyone was interested in my 'entertainment' but I have a small update :D Since I had a lot of free time these days and the weather was good enough, this week was grill testing week. I tried different marinades for meat and chicken and, to make it more fun, I ordered different packages of charcoal. I found these brands in the guide about the best lump charcoals and decided to try them out. So far I've tried 4 of them, and the Big Green Egg is the best one. It has big pieces of charcoal that are easy to light, and it produces a hot flame. I disagree with the Cowboy brand because there was a lot of ash in the bag, so I literally paid for nothing. As for Jealous Devil and Wicked Good, they are good enough but not as good as the Big Green Egg.

The most interesting thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it. :D
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Looks tasty.

I've not found a charcoal that beats Kingsford enough to justify the price difference.
Been using Kingsford for a very long time.
I like to toss in some mesquite, or Hickory for a little extra flavor.
I miss the days of grilling Swordfish, or Dorado, down in Florida. They're hard to come by on the Rockies.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”