By the way ...

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
tabby

By the way ...

Post by tabby »

Guess what I did yesterday? I turned in my resignation at work. It wasn’t a decision that I made lightly and I gave it considerable thought for quite some time, particularly lately. I worked for the company for many years but in the end it was a lethal combination of the relentless and pointless games of management, working long hours, being on the road almost 3 hours a day and trying to care and spend time with my mother. My energy and spark were beginning to flag terribly. Stress is a killer! I know it sounds nuts to quit a good job with the economy such as it is but it’s all taken a toll and I’m determined to be my own person again without a corporation taking so much of my time and focus. I made more money than my husband so now money will be tight but we’ll manage and if at some point in the future I feel ready, then I can always look for part time work locally. No more full time job so far away though. Most decisions in life have come easy to me but this one was difficult to arrive at even though in my heart I knew it had played itself out and it was time to go.

On top of that, I’ve come down with a terrible head cold! At this point, all I want out of life is the ability to breath out of my nose again! :yh_wink

Here’s to brighter days ahead!! :-6:-6
Snooz

By the way ...

Post by Snooz »

Good for you, Tabby. Your health and inner peace is more important than a job that could be killing you from the stress. Enjoy yourself and I hope you feel better soon. (I hate having a sore throat a lot worse than having a stopped up nose.)
LarsMac

By the way ...

Post by LarsMac »

Congratulations on the decision. I think I know what you were going through. Been there.

Yes, money may be a bit tighter, but Life will go on. And Sanity will prevail.

Good luck.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

By the way ...

Post by gmc »

Good for you. Takes a lot of guts to do that, sometimes you can be so tied up in work you forget it's not who you are but rather what you do for a living.
Bryn Mawr

By the way ...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

It's tempting, believe me the prospect is tempting.

Congratulations on taking the plunge - the head cold is just the tension leaching out of your body, once it's gone you can start to live again.
Oscar Namechange

By the way ...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Congratulations.

I wish you all the very best.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Ahso!

By the way ...

Post by Ahso! »

Good luck, Tabby, I did what you're doing 21 years ago and have not looked back. It helps to have a supportive partner and it appears you do. Your postings will serve as a telltale of how it's working out for you. :)
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tabby

By the way ...

Post by tabby »

Thank you all so much for the encouraging words! It's very appreciated! It feels odd not to have to be somewhere or have anything pressing to attend to and I mean odd in a good way. For so long, I’ve had to compress my mind into a narrower focus and just keep forging ahead. This is long overdue and although there was a lot of anxiety and trepidation not only at making the decision but in actually following through with it, I’m so glad I did it. Stay tuned!

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”