I want to go home.

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

I am tired of being here. I want to go home. I am sick of mean people, too high prices, stupid red tape that doesnt make sense, and of being told I'm not qualified. BULL$hit!!!

I just want to go home. :-1
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
ZAP

I want to go home.

Post by ZAP »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am tired of being here. I want to go home. I am sick of mean people, too high prices, stupid red tape that doesnt make sense, and of being told I'm not qualified. BULL$hit!!!

I just want to go home.

~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~ "

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Emma Lazarus, 1883
panzermk2

I want to go home.

Post by panzermk2 »

Raven;1312342 wrote: I am tired of being here. I want to go home. I am sick of mean people, too high prices, stupid red tape that doesnt make sense, and of being told I'm not qualified. BULL$hit!!!

I just want to go home. :-1

Since I am ignorant where is here and where is home?
Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

(Without cunning a nation shall fall, [But] Salvation Come By Many Good Councils)
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

Zapata;1312344 wrote: The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Emma Lazarus, 1883
I have always loved that poem. I am a native child of American soil, and I need to breathe free once again.

I am tired and poor, with a broken spirit

I am not understood here even though I speak perfect english.

I am just really, REALLY tired.

I miss my family.

I miss the food.

I miss....
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

panzermk2;1312346 wrote: Since I am ignorant where is here and where is home?
Here is Great Britain, and home is USA
CARLA

I want to go home.

Post by CARLA »

It is true for most of us there is "No Place Like Home". It always sounds romantic and adventurous to live in a foreign country, when in reality in most cases you alway just want to go back home. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Betty Boop

I want to go home.

Post by Betty Boop »

Raven;1312348 wrote: I have always loved that poem. I am a native child of American soil, and I need to breathe free once again.

I am tired and poor, with a broken spirit

I am not understood here even though I speak perfect english.

I am just really, REALLY tired.

I miss my family.

I miss the food.

I miss....

:-4 You sure the tiredness is not just the study, I can't believe how tired I have been feeling of late now the pressure is really on, and you are under a lot more pressure now than me! It's a come down thing too, so close to the end is when everyone gets really down on themselves and doubts whether they are good enough, kind of like an imposter syndrome.

What do you mean about not being qualified, I thought you re-trained to be accepted in England :-3
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

Betty Boop;1312351 wrote: :-4 You sure the tiredness is not just the study, I can't believe how tired I have been feeling of late now the pressure is really on, and you are under a lot more pressure now than me! It's a come down thing too, so close to the end is when everyone gets really down on themselves and doubts whether they are good enough, kind of like an imposter syndrome.

What do you mean about not being qualified, I thought you re-trained to be accepted in England :-3
I am very tired. Things are changing so quickly in the nursing world.

You are probably right. I will be qualified in Feb. Feb 13th to be exact. We cant go on holiday this summer. And credit card people are banging on the phone all the time. 8 months to go....
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

CARLA;1312350 wrote: It is true for most of us there is "No Place Like Home". It always sounds romantic and adventurous to live in a foreign country, when in reality in most cases you alway just want to go back home. :-6
I have been here for 7 years Carla. I am amazingly homesick right now. :-1
Betty Boop

I want to go home.

Post by Betty Boop »

Raven;1312354 wrote: I am very tired. Things are changing so quickly in the nursing world.

You are probably right. I will be qualified in Feb. Feb 13th to be exact. We cant go on holiday this summer. And credit card people are banging on the phone all the time. 8 months to go....

:yh_hugs:yh_hugs It's all within reach, keep plodding hun.

Go to Citizens Advice about the credit cards, they can help you budget minimum payments to make them so they stay off your back.

People always laugh and joke about what an easy time students have, hmmm the reality is that it's bloody hard work and you have to live on a pittance, unless of course mummy and daddy are paying for everything :rolleyes:
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

Betty Boop;1312356 wrote: :yh_hugs:yh_hugs It's all within reach, keep plodding hun.

Go to Citizens Advice about the credit cards, they can help you budget minimum payments to make them so they stay off your back.

People always laugh and joke about what an easy time students have, hmmm the reality is that it's bloody hard work and you have to live on a pittance, unless of course mummy and daddy are paying for everything :rolleyes:
I think this mood all started when my grandaughter asked when I was coming home in her sweet 7 yr. old little voice.:(
spot

I want to go home.

Post by spot »

Raven;1312355 wrote: I have been here for 7 years Carla. I am amazingly homesick right now. :-1

You're well in need of a hug from everyone, I reckon.

The Boop's right though, you've been doing an awful lot and it's bound to take a toll now and then.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

I want to go home.

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;1312359 wrote: You're well in need of a hug from everyone, I reckon.

The Boop's right though, you've been doing an awful lot and it's bound to take a toll now and then.

Put your money where your mouth is then, where's your smiley hug :wah:
Betty Boop

I want to go home.

Post by Betty Boop »

Raven;1312358 wrote: I think this mood all started when my grandaughter asked when I was coming home in her sweet 7 yr. old little voice.:(

Oh... that must be hard :yh_hugs:yh_hugs :-4
spot

I want to go home.

Post by spot »

Betty Boop;1312360 wrote: Put your money where your mouth is then, where's your smiley hug :wah:

I'm going to have to search, aren't I. I've no idea where they come from.

:yh_hugs:yh_hugs:yh_hugs
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

spot;1312365 wrote: I'm going to have to search, aren't I. I've no idea where they come from.

Anybody know any really good, dirty jokes?

(I needed the hugs if truth be told.)
Betty Boop

I want to go home.

Post by Betty Boop »

Raven;1312366 wrote: Anybody know any really good, dirty jokes?

(I needed the hugs if truth be told.)

:wah:

I do know what I need to do, I need to organise a trip away later in the summer, just a weekend or something, will have to see what we can organise, maybe the holiday can come to you ;)
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

Betty Boop;1312367 wrote: :wah:

I do know what I need to do, I need to organise a trip away later in the summer, just a weekend or something, will have to see what we can organise, maybe the holiday can come to you ;)
At this point, as long as a good pi$$ up is involved, I'm game!! I just need to get away from here. WAAAAAAY too many people. Cant breathe for smelling someone elses poo.:thinking:
Betty Boop

I want to go home.

Post by Betty Boop »

Raven;1312368 wrote: At this point, as long as a good pi$$ up is involved, I'm game!! I just need to get away from here. WAAAAAAY too many people. Cant breathe for smelling someone elses poo.:thinking:

Euugghhhh

Yes, would have to involve alcohol and dirty jokes it seems... :D
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

Betty Boop;1312371 wrote: Euugghhhh

Yes, would have to involve alcohol and dirty jokes it seems... :D
Dont know about you, but i could really use a good laugh about now! And a large amount of alcohol...
Betty Boop

I want to go home.

Post by Betty Boop »

Raven;1312373 wrote: Dont know about you, but i could really use a good laugh about now! And a large amount of alcohol...

I get to go to a friends tomorrow night for just that. Well, hopefully be a good laugh as long as she's not got it back on with her on, off, on, off man that is! If he's there I will come home again :wah:.

Do any fellow students live nearby you at all?
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

Betty Boop;1312375 wrote: I get to go to a friends tomorrow night for just that. Well, hopefully be a good laugh as long as she's not got it back on with her on, off, on, off man that is! If he's there I will come home again :wah:.

Do any fellow students live nearby you at all?
No, I am the only one this far over. There used to be one other close to me, but she dropped out in the first year. We are all at the end of our ropes about now. Voodoo is doing the best he can, which is perfect, but he cant do my work for me! LOL! If only. I am going to be applying for his green card though once I am done. It may take awhile to process however. Things should get better once I get a real job, with a real paycheck attached.
YZGI

I want to go home.

Post by YZGI »

spot;1312365 wrote: I'm going to have to search, aren't I. I've no idea where they come from.

Spot used smiley's, thats got to make you smile a little bit.:D:-4
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

YZGI;1312380 wrote: Spot used smiley's, thats got to make you smile a little bit.:D:-4
It makes me smile alot. :-4
Betty Boop

I want to go home.

Post by Betty Boop »

Raven;1312379 wrote: No, I am the only one this far over. There used to be one other close to me, but she dropped out in the first year. We are all at the end of our ropes about now. Voodoo is doing the best he can, which is perfect, but he cant do my work for me! LOL! If only. I am going to be applying for his green card though once I am done. It may take awhile to process however. Things should get better once I get a real job, with a real paycheck attached.

That's a shame, sounds like you need a girly night. You've just done over two years of study and only eight months to go, you have done the worst of it, things will get better, especially when the paychecks come in.

If the green card takes time why can he not start the process now? oh just thought, I'm guessing it takes money. :(
Nomad

I want to go home.

Post by Nomad »

Raven;1312342 wrote: I want to go home. I am sick of mean people, too high prices, stupid red tape that doesnt make sense, and of being told I'm not qualified. BULL$hit!!!

Why be overseas when you can get all that stuff right here !
I AM AWESOME MAN
panzermk2

I want to go home.

Post by panzermk2 »

Raven;1312368 wrote: At this point, as long as a good pi$$ up is involved, I'm game!! I just need to get away from here. WAAAAAAY too many people. Cant breathe for smelling someone elses poo.:thinking:

Essex is that bad? Never been there.
Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

(Without cunning a nation shall fall, [But] Salvation Come By Many Good Councils)
Patsy Warnick

I want to go home.

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I'm sure your Family is proud of you and miss you as well.

Put some fun music on - pep yourself up - get your bearings and reach the finish line, sounds like your finish line is very close.

Nomad has a good question - Why not study in the U.S. ? Did you need to get away from your Family at the time? just curious?

Good Luck

Patsy
Bruv

I want to go home.

Post by Bruv »

Raven;1312355 wrote: I have been here for 7 years Carla. I am amazingly homesick right now. :-1

You are making me feel for my daughter, she has been away for about the same time, married to an American sailor, she has just returned to America after periods in Italy then Guam......they were hoping to be sent to Europe to enable a visit home, now a visit home is beyond hope.

Maybe we could do a straight swap, you for her ?

Why do they put places so far apart ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Bryn Mawr

I want to go home.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Raven;1312358 wrote: I think this mood all started when my grandaughter asked when I was coming home in her sweet 7 yr. old little voice.:(

That's enough to make anybody homesick :-4

Count me in :-6 - well, after my last exam anyway :wah:

A good pi$$ up and letting off of steam does wonders - as does a good night's sleep.

Are you still commuting to the Kentish side of the water every day?
weeder

I want to go home.

Post by weeder »

Raven,

Hope this makes you feel better...............There are mean people here.prices are high.....and Im not qualified for many things Id like to do. I dont know exactly where in the US is home for you. Sorry, I dont remember.But you and VooDoo

are always welcome to visit here. Free place to stay. I have 3 bedrooms. Any of my friends from the first UK US reunion are always welcome.

Weeder
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Kathy Ellen

I want to go home.

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Raven:-4

I hear ya.....We will always get lonesome for our family, friends and thoughts of home.

You've worked so hard Raven and 8 months seems like a long time, but it will go by quickly if you try to stay positive.

You'll be home before you know it girl. You can do it...stay strong...Your rewards will be worth it.

I live in Noo Joisey and have access to lots of places in the USA via a phone call. Just tell me what you're missing in way of treats, food, clothes....whatever... and I'll do my best, if I can find them, to send them your way free of charge...:-6 I honestly mean that Raven...I do...Just pm me, and let me know what you'd like from home;)

A peaceful 'Memorial Day' to you Raven:-6
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

Betty Boop;1312384 wrote: That's a shame, sounds like you need a girly night. You've just done over two years of study and only eight months to go, you have done the worst of it, things will get better, especially when the paychecks come in.

If the green card takes time why can he not start the process now? oh just thought, I'm guessing it takes money. :(
LOL! Yes it does. $355. But you know, it's cheaper than mine! My British 'green card' cost £500!

I figure in all, it will take a couple of years yet to transfer my english household to America. Just couldnt face starting from scratch again. Plus we would have to sell the flat.
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

Nomad;1312386 wrote: Why be overseas when you can get all that stuff right here !
exactly.
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

panzermk2;1312397 wrote: Essex is that bad? Never been there.
It is where we are. People are stuffed into boxes called flats. You cant walk on the high street without being trod on. There are what feels like a million people an the area the size of Southport Indiana. (where I grew up)
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

Patsy Warnick;1312398 wrote: I'm sure your Family is proud of you and miss you as well.

Put some fun music on - pep yourself up - get your bearings and reach the finish line, sounds like your finish line is very close.

Nomad has a good question - Why not study in the U.S. ? Did you need to get away from your Family at the time? just curious?

Good Luck

Patsy
I came here because of my husband. (he's english) It was easier to come here than for him to go there. I am studying nursing here because they dont have respiratory therapists. Nurses do what I have been doing for the last 20 years. It is all I know how to do. I dont have any other skills like being a secretary or such. Yes the finish line is very close. If I do come back home it will be as a RN.
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

Bruv;1312401 wrote: You are making me feel for my daughter, she has been away for about the same time, married to an American sailor, she has just returned to America after periods in Italy then Guam......they were hoping to be sent to Europe to enable a visit home, now a visit home is beyond hope.

Maybe we could do a straight swap, you for her ?

Why do they put places so far apart ?
Guam? Do you realise how close to Hawaii that is? LOL! She wouldnt swap that island for this one. Besides, her quality of life is better than it would be here. Thats another reason for wanting to move back. Voodoo would have a better quality of life. Nevermind the fact that he is a Nascar fan! :yh_rotfl
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

Bryn Mawr;1312419 wrote: That's enough to make anybody homesick :-4

Count me in :-6 - well, after my last exam anyway :wah:

A good pi$$ up and letting off of steam does wonders - as does a good night's sleep.

Are you still commuting to the Kentish side of the water every day?
Yes I am.

My last exam is june 16th. It's the big one. All scenario's and about management of acute conditions. It has a fail rate of about 70%. So did my last exam, but I passed that one on the first go, so am not worried about this one either. The second semester is a snooze, so no worries. Feb. cant come quick enough.
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

weeder;1312537 wrote: Raven,

Hope this makes you feel better...............There are mean people here.prices are high.....and Im not qualified for many things Id like to do. I dont know exactly where in the US is home for you. Sorry, I dont remember.But you and VooDoo

are always welcome to visit here. Free place to stay. I have 3 bedrooms. Any of my friends from the first UK US reunion are always welcome.

Weeder
Yeah but I am familiar with the U.S. kind of mean. I know we have some real scary types there, but I just have a longing for home. Which is Southern Indiana bound. Or maybe the Mississippi Delta region this time. Who knows?
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

Kathy Ellen;1312540 wrote: Hi Raven:-4

I hear ya.....We will always get lonesome for our family, friends and thoughts of home.

You've worked so hard Raven and 8 months seems like a long time, but it will go by quickly if you try to stay positive.

You'll be home before you know it girl. You can do it...stay strong...Your rewards will be worth it.

I live in Noo Joisey and have access to lots of places in the USA via a phone call. Just tell me what you're missing in way of treats, food, clothes....whatever... and I'll do my best, if I can find them, to send them your way free of charge...:-6 I honestly mean that Raven...I do...Just pm me, and let me know what you'd like from home;)

A peaceful 'Memorial Day' to you Raven:-6
Aw KE that is so kind! I'll PM you, and fill you in. I am missing everything at this point. Even the bloody june bugs! Crickets, and the sound of tomatoes ripening in the sun. Iced tea on a hot day swinging on the porch. Coffee houses at midnight, reading a book. Just the whole American experience really. And I am missing my grandchildren growing up!
Royd Fissure

I want to go home.

Post by Royd Fissure »

Homesickness is bloody awful - and on top of that it sounds like you've got quite a study load. I was reading some bioethics stuff today, from nursing professional journals - things have sure changed since Emergency Ward 10. Not much I can say to help but as has been said, stick with it, it will be worth it. :)
Bruv

I want to go home.

Post by Bruv »

Raven;1312588 wrote: Guam? Do you realise how close to Hawaii that is?

3,828 miles......they do share the same ocean though.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

Bruv;1312643 wrote: 3,828 miles......they do share the same ocean though.
:yh_rotfl That IS close by American standards. My cousins were stationed in Guam while in the Navy. They 'commuted' from Hawaii.
Nomad

I want to go home.

Post by Nomad »

Raven;1313066 wrote: :yh_rotfl That IS close by American standards. My cousins were stationed in Guam while in the Navy. They 'commuted' from Hawaii.

Drink some warm English beer and have a nice English meal of beef brains and blood pudding. You'll feel better in the morning.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bryn Mawr

I want to go home.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Nomad;1313643 wrote: Drink some warm English beer and have a nice English meal of beef brains and blood pudding. You'll feel better in the morning.

We'd never eat brains with black puddin - it's brains on toast and black puddin with bacon and scrambles eggs :)

Breakfast would be Kedgeree or Devilled Kidneys
Raven

I want to go home.

Post by Raven »

Bryn Mawr;1314165 wrote: We'd never eat brains with black puddin - it's brains on toast and black puddin with bacon and scrambles eggs :)

Breakfast would be Kedgeree or Devilled Kidneys
Thanks for that. Now I am going to go vomit. excuse me...:yh_sick
Bryn Mawr

I want to go home.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Raven;1314706 wrote: Thanks for that. Now I am going to go vomit. excuse me...:yh_sick

Well, I couldn't let Nomad's misunderstanding of correct etiquette go unremarked. Who knows who he might have offended had I done so? :)
Saint_

I want to go home.

Post by Saint_ »

Seven YEARS?!! Wow! I don't know how you could stand it. By the way, a few things have changed here: That weirdo President named "Bush" is gone, but he really screwed things up and we're still trying to fix the mess he left. We replaced him with a pretty cool guy who has a funny name, but actually speaks English.

Also, the cities of New Orleans and Nashville no longer exist and all our seafood tastes like oil. Arizona decided to keep out illegal immigrants, but it took them so long to get around to it 260 million of them already got in. We no longer own any of our homes, and Wall Street said they were sorry about that, but then they gave themselves a bonus.

let's see...what else has changed in the last seven years? Well you can now marry someone who is gay, but only in certain places. (I mean you can marry them in certain places, not that they are gay in certain places... like their legs or something!)OJ got away with murder but got thrown in jail for stupidity. Everyone in America now smokes pot and we all own a part of a car manufacturer, but we are still not allowed to get stoned in our cars, even though we own the company. Taxes are worse than ever, but we don't get upset because a group of loonies called "tea-partiers" keep us entertained for free.

Oh, and Michael Jackson died.:D
Clodhopper

I want to go home.

Post by Clodhopper »

Can't think of any dirty jokes at the moment. But here's a naughty limerick to tide you over:

There was a Franciscan monk

Who went to sleep in his bunk.

He dreamed that Venus

Was sucking his elbow,

And woke up covered in sweat.

:D
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
EdisonCheug

I want to go home.

Post by EdisonCheug »

Good luck, guy.

if you really feel tired and unhappy there, just come back.

Home is always the warmest place.

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”