I did it!

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Raven

I did it!

Post by Raven »

I just got a phone call from my year lead. My grades were good enough to get offered the degree.

Problem is money. Does anyone have any advice about student loans and access grants? I will do it if I can afford it. But with a mortgage to pay, I have to be certain. WOOHOO!!!!
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
fuzzywuzzy

I did it!

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Congrats!!!!!

I'm going through all that at the moment ........loaning government money, it's like pulling teeth. :rolleyes:
G#Gill

I did it!

Post by G#Gill »

Well done, Raven !!!! You'll find a way to get the finance, I know you will ! Good luck ! :-6 :-6 :guitarist :guitarist :D :D
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Raven

I did it!

Post by Raven »

Well here is the scoop:

I would lose £4000 for the year through the NHS bursary office. Student loans could only cover £2500 of that.

There is no way I could cover the rest.

So I will just have to be happy with a diploma and half of a degree by studying at degree level the last semester. Nevermind. Mortgages must come first and you cant eat a degree.

And also at first it doesnt make any difference in practice and pay. I only need 3 modules and a disertation to finish it. No worries. I can do that when I am in a better financial situation. Like getting seconded. :p
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
spot

I did it!

Post by spot »

If they're prepared to allow a gap then that sounds like a temporary solution, it's a lot better than having to say no and walk away from the possibility. Well done, you got a lot closer and as you say you've got a good interim qualification to use in the meantime.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Ahso!

I did it!

Post by Ahso! »

Congratulation.

Spot, you have a scholarship foundation established, isn't that correct?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
minks

I did it!

Post by minks »

Awesome, congratulations Raven Girl. whooo hooooo
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
theia

I did it!

Post by theia »

Well done, Raven :-6

Whichever option you go for, I just know you'll get where you want to be :-4
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

I did it!

Post by spot »

Ahso!;1291288 wrote: Spot, you have a scholarship foundation established, isn't that correct?I think technically at least I have to die first!
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snowfire

I did it!

Post by Snowfire »

Congratulations Raven. Good show
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Odie

I did it!

Post by Odie »

congrats Raven, well done!:guitarist

give it some time, you'll figure it out financially.
Life is just to short for drama.
chonsigirl

I did it!

Post by chonsigirl »

Happy Day! :-6
along-for-the-ride

I did it!

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Congratulations, Raven! :) :-6

"Where there's a will, there's a way."
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”