What's my baby name?

lucastamiller

What's my baby name?

Post by lucastamiller »

Thinking of a nice name for my baby boy. Please suggest.
Bryn Mawr

What's my baby name?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

lucastamiller;1496619 wrote: Thinking of a nice name for my baby boy. Please suggest.

Where are you from? That will have a big effect of the set of names you would choose from.
spot

What's my baby name?

Post by spot »

Jephthah. Atreus. Jehu. Hengist.

I'm not utterly convinced you're really Lucasta Miller though.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Mark Aspam

What's my baby name?

Post by Mark Aspam »

Well you have quite a choice.

I like the name Joel, that's what we named our son, it means "Yahweh is God", and is suitable for Christians and Jews alike.

The kid, especially if he is in a religious family, will enjoy being able to open a bible and find a book with his name on it!
Bruv

What's my baby name?

Post by Bruv »

Dusty ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

What's my baby name?

Post by LarsMac »

"Eduardo" is popular in South Florida these days.

Or perhaps, 'Heathcliff", given your namesake's literary fascination.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

What's my baby name?

Post by FourPart »

Whatever the ultimate name, I would recommend that it be of the type that has formality in its full form, but friendship in an abbreviated form. For example, I had the privilege of naming my kid Brother on that basis - Timothy. On the whole he prefers to opt for Tim, but he remains with the formal version should he so choose. The same could apply if a second name is chosen.

Whatever you do, though, don't come up with a name that is likely to be ridiculed by his peers when he gets older. What may seem cute for a baby may not exactly add to his Street Cred once he enters his teens.
Saint_

What's my baby name?

Post by Saint_ »

Jonathan. It rolls off the tongue and sounds very suave.
AnneBoleyn

What's my baby name?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Hah! That's Your Name!

Isn't it?
FourPart

What's my baby name?

Post by FourPart »

Mine's Jeremy. Not surprisingly, I go by Jerry.
lucastamiller

What's my baby name?

Post by lucastamiller »

Well I have opted out two names...please guide me to choose one from the these two

Zachary and Zachee.
Saint_

What's my baby name?

Post by Saint_ »

lucastamiller;1497043 wrote: Well I have opted out two names...please guide me to choose one from the these two

Zachary and Zachee.

Zachary - He will no doubt go by "Zach" his entire life since Zachary has three syllables and is too hard to say. But Zach is nice. It's also pretty masculine. So I'm assuming that's the name you will pick if he is a boy.

Zachee - Not only is this name to "cutesy" and will give any boy who has it serious gender issues, it'll be the devil to spell for everyone he meets for his entire life. He will be required to correct the spelling of his name every time he states it for a record to someone. If you were thinking of giving it to a girl, you get the exact same problems with gender identity. So this is a really bad choice of names.
Saint_

What's my baby name?

Post by Saint_ »

AnneBoleyn;1496801 wrote: Hah! That's Your Name!

Isn't it?

yep. I'm busted.
spot

What's my baby name?

Post by spot »

Dusty was unkind, I thought.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
YZGI

What's my baby name?

Post by YZGI »

"Z" man, always at the back of the line.
Bruv

What's my baby name?

Post by Bruv »

spot;1497057 wrote: Dusty was unkind, I thought.

OK so what is your suggestion ?
Mark Aspam

What's my baby name?

Post by Mark Aspam »

lucastamiller;1497043 wrote: Well I have opted out two names...please guide me to choose one from the these two

Zachary and Zachee.Zachary daiquiri dock.

Three mice ran up the clock.

The clock struck one.

The other two escaped with minor injuries.
spot

What's my baby name?

Post by spot »

Bruv;1497131 wrote: OK so what is your suggestion ?

No no, I made those at the time. Everyone outside the Miller family thinks Dusty is a girl's name, that's all.
Bruv

What's my baby name?

Post by Bruv »

spot;1497156 wrote: No no, I made those at the time. Everyone outside the Miller family thinks Dusty is a girl's name, that's all.

Jephthah. Atreus. Jehu. Hengist. ..................and you think Dusty is..........unkind ?
spot

What's my baby name?

Post by spot »

Ah.

Also busted.

In mitigation I did suggest all those for my firstborn son and was ruthlessly overruled.
FourPart

What's my baby name?

Post by FourPart »

Surely Zachary should be Zacharia - 4 syllables.

I had the idea of giving the kid a swear word as a name. It would make the teacher's job a nightmare calling register each morning.
lucastamiller

What's my baby name?

Post by lucastamiller »

Bryn Mawr;1496631 wrote: Where are you from? That will have a big effect of the set of names you would choose from.

Hiii Bryn

I am Mexico and have been living in New Jersey for last 2 years.
spot

What's my baby name?

Post by spot »

My alternate online persona is also a god of war and hunting but from a European mythology. I've found, while using it, that a name does have an effect on how a person thinks. I hope your boy enjoys the distinction you've found for him.

Return to “Kids Family”