Studies Reveal Why Kids Get Bullied and Rejected

Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Kids who get bullied and snubbed by peers may be more likely to have problems in other parts of their lives, past studies have shown. And now researchers have found at least three factors in a child's behavior that can lead to social rejection.

The factors involve a child's inability to pick up on and respond to nonverbal cues from their pals.

Story Link: Studies Reveal Why Kids Get Bullied and Rejected - Yahoo! News
gmc

Post by gmc »

So there's nothing wrong with the people doing the bullying it's all the fault of the victim? Might be an element of truth in it but apart from that it's bollocks.
Amythest

Post by Amythest »

My son was bullied, starting at 3, for a long stretch after we moved to a new area.

The bullying happened because a drug dealing pathological liar of a father was coaching his kids. The father was the X of my best friend and lived right next door.

His kids started exhibiting violent antisocial behaviour, not mine.

Then we moved again and the community was filled with kids who had parents with substance abuse problems, were "rednecks" and their boys enjoyed playing violent video games at an early age. They thought body slamming ( a wrestling move that is quite dangerous) and pile driving was fun. My son was making friends, was liked and they'd have none of that. There was a group of 10 boys who controlled their peers. Their parents were bullies themselves. It was such a pleasure listening to them scream, yell and hurl insults at the hockey rink.

For the most part i see kids that are bombarded with violence, through the media, games, movies and even by their uncultured, uneducated abrasive parents behaviour and it becomes ingrained in their social skills. I think the fault is in our culture.

The "study" gives reason for violence aimed at otherwise passive, harmless children? More dumbed down BS that fosters army ready imbiciles? Everyones ready to fight when fighting should be a last resort.

The study is American based. Sorry, but i question ANY study that sprouts from the states these days. A culture ( led by the ruling elite) bent on dominating, ego gratification, divisiveness, selfishness and is uncompassionate toward "outsiders" or strangers doesn't create a safe healthy validating atmosphere for children. You don't see this kind of behaviour in older, more community and family based cultures. The Asian cultures for instance. Look how intelligent their kids are. They can read and write by the age of 4 or earlier.

Hitting pushing, constant harassment, emotional abuse and being unkind to your playmates is frowned upon and should be!Lets remember that bullying, violent behaviour toward peers IS anti-social.

Does anyone get bothered that our kids are treated like consumerist trash when they're barely cognitive and wonder about the future they are inheritting? Or do parents just hand whatever our culture shits out to them?

The Victims of bullying are usually highly empathic, intelligent, peaceful, and adjusted or they have some harmless learning disability or worse. That is until the little bully fascists start with assaults. Then the victims development is stifled even more due to a hostile environment.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Thats an interesting post, Amy. Welcome to the forum.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Amythest

Post by Amythest »

Ahso!;1289266 wrote: Thats an interesting post, Amy. Welcome to the forum.

Ty for the welcome Ahso, Those were some VERY tough times for us, so i couldn't resist.;)
nok

Post by nok »

I think bullying is very sad and unacceptable and should be condoned upon. The victims of the bullies should do everything in their power to make the bullying stop ( tell the teacher, the principal, their parents, etc. ) Friends, if possible, should also step in and help their friends who are being bullied.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
JTD

Post by JTD »

It is definitely not the bullied child at fault, when my son was two a three year old in the play group would go and tell other children not to play with him. There was no reason behind it. I overheard this on several occasions and felt really upset by it. Luckily we left before my son noticed it.
children's gardening tools
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

I think, at least for males heightism is a big thing and any guy 5" below average has a target on their head for bullies, and rejection.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/socie ... htism.html
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Sadly true. Might interest you to know I also have a friend who is 6'6" and desperately shy and hates the fact he stands out in a crowd. He does of course have the advantage of being intimidating.

I'm afraid the sad truth is - be average. Or else.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

i doubt the 6'6" is friend has the problems i face as far as discrimination for career advancement and the unattractiveness being short has when dating. Being tall is much more of an advantage due to the society we live in and nature of our surroundings, The one thing that i don't let it do is get to me because i know that i survived cancer and if i can endure that i can endure the discrimination and heightism i get from everyday people.

Return to “Kids Family”