Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;1262583 wrote: If you understood dog behaviour you would not make that statement.


I don't understand what you mean.

So you're saying that a dog would never be willing to have sex with a human being?

Regardless of it's intent a dog humping anything is a sex act, in my opinion.
User avatar
buttercup
Posts: 6178
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:12 am

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by buttercup »

K.Snyder;1262582 wrote: Regardless would you want children to be taught that masturbation is natural?


You cant say 'regardless' as it is natural, they do it, little kids of a year old are playing with themselves, you don't have kids either Kev so you havent seen it, honestly your flogging a dead horse.
User avatar
Kathy Ellen
Posts: 10569
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:04 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

buttercup;1262577 wrote: Jeez Kev kids below the age of 12 have already had a fiddle with themselves, your flogging a dead horse here mate, you should crack open a beer and chill out.


That's so true Buttercup:wah: Kidlets and animals are always fiddling with themselves, and it is so natural...
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;1262585 wrote: You cant say 'regardless' as it is natural, they do it, little kids of a year old are playing with themselves, you don't have kids either Kev so you havent seen it, honestly your flogging a dead horse.


That's not the point. Anyone either would mind their children were taught that masturbation is "natural" or they wouldn't.

That's the entire point.

So who would?
User avatar
buttercup
Posts: 6178
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:12 am

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by buttercup »

K.Snyder;1262584 wrote: I don't understand what you mean.

So you're saying that a dog would never be willing to have sex with a human being?

Regardless of it's intent a dog humping anything is a sex act, in my opinion.


That's because you don't understand, you refuse to understand, you don't want to understand.

Yes i am saying a dog would not only not be unwilling to have sex with a human it would not know instinctively how to find the opening to the vagina without assistance.
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by K.Snyder »

Kathy Ellen;1262587 wrote: That's so true Buttercup:wah: Kidlets and animals are always fiddling with themselves, and it is so natural...


So you don't mind that little "Jimmy" goes into science class one day and the teacher says,.."Listen up kids...We have a homeless person here to instruct us on the healthy aspects of "fiddling" with yourself!...Listen up Billy, this could save you alot of years!"
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;1262589 wrote: That's because you don't understand, you refuse to understand, you don't want to understand.

Yes i am saying a dog would not only not be willing to have sex with a human it would not know instinctively how to find the opening to the vagina without assistance.


I disagree.
User avatar
buttercup
Posts: 6178
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:12 am

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by buttercup »

K.Snyder;1262588 wrote: That's not the point. Anyone either would mind their children were taught that masturbation is "natural" or they wouldn't.

That's the entire point.

So who would?


OMG you are so naieve, its natural, are you suggesting we all make our kids feel bad about playing with themselves? Give them a complex about it?
User avatar
buttercup
Posts: 6178
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:12 am

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by buttercup »

K.Snyder;1262591 wrote: So you don't mind that little "Jimmy" goes into science class one day and the teacher says,.."Listen up kids...We have a homeless person here to instruct us on the healthy aspects of "fiddling" with yourself!...Listen up Billy, this could save you alot of years!"


Ok clearly you have gone mental :-2
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;1262589 wrote: That's because you don't understand, you refuse to understand, you don't want to understand.

Yes i am saying a dog would not only not be unwilling to have sex with a human it would not know instinctively how to find the opening to the vagina without assistance.


So what you've said then is that a human having sex with an animal is not natural?
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;1262594 wrote: OMG you are so naieve, its natural, are you suggesting we all make our kids feel bad about playing with themselves? Give them a complex about it?


Ok, so you don't feel it's ok to teach kids that masturbation is natural, that much I've gathered.

Now how does that not apply in the same as teaching kids homosexuality is natural?
User avatar
buttercup
Posts: 6178
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:12 am

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by buttercup »

Kev seriously are you on drugs tonight?

You are not reading my posts, i DO think masturbation is natural, where have i said it is not?
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;1262609 wrote: Kev seriously are you on drugs tonight?

You are not reading my posts, i DO think masturbation is natural, where have i said it is not?


So then you wouldn't mind about any sort of suggestion to kids it were natural?

I personally feel it is inappropriate myself.
moonpie
Posts: 554
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:28 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by moonpie »

My opinion only but, apparently homesexual people are here, and I don't really care. I would much rather have a homesexual friend, then some person who is acting like some normal person. Homesexuals are not our enemy, trust me.
User avatar
Jazzy
Posts: 2962
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:17 am

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by Jazzy »

Regardless of where you stand on the pleasure-relational aspects of sexuality, man and woman's sexuality is inextricably associated with reproduction, and two men or two women cannot reproduce. Therefore, homosexuality is a condition that, in a fundamental way, is contrary to nature. Biologically, it is simply not natural or normal.

I say this because the only hard evidence that we have--the biological evidence--clearly indicates that it is a disorder, in that homosexuality represents a tendency to want to use body parts for some purpose other than that for which they were designed. The penis and vagina are certainly constructed for male-female intercourse. Their complimentary shapes, the location of highly sensitive nerve endings show, without a doubt, the Divine (or evolutionary, if you will) intent.

I cannot accept homosexuality as natural or as normal. I can still accept the person, though. To each their own and whatever makes them happy.
User avatar
Jazzy
Posts: 2962
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:17 am

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by Jazzy »

K.Snyder;1262617 wrote: So then you wouldn't mind about any sort of suggestion to kids it were natural?

I personally feel it is inappropriate myself.


A little off topic here but since you mentioned masturbation maybe you should read up on it: Medical Issues on Masturbation
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by K.Snyder »

Jazzy;1262699 wrote: A little off topic here but since you mentioned masturbation maybe you should read up on it: Medical Issues on Masturbation


Well, again, we can't define "Natural" with the definition of "acceptance". Nature has made it quite clear that sexual organs are intended for reproduction. Acts, with sexual organs, that are practiced by any means other than the possibility to reproduce is not natural regardless of the percentages. Evolution defines nature not vica versa. It has to be true to be logically sound.
User avatar
abbey
Posts: 15069
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:00 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by abbey »

K.Snyder;1262757 wrote: Well, again, we can't define "Natural" with the definition of "acceptance". Nature has made it quite clear that sexual organs are intended for reproduction. Acts, with sexual organs, that are practiced by any means other than the possibility to reproduce is not natural regardless of the percentages. Evolution defines nature not vica versa. It has to be true to be logically sound.
So by your definition peeing isn't natural! :wah:
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey;1262781 wrote: So by your definition peeing isn't natural! :wah:


It's impossible, or at least unless one has been successful, for one to ejaculate while peeing. Thus momentarily rendering the organ non sexual. Me logic. :yh_wink
gmc
Posts: 13566
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:44 am

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by gmc »

K.Snyder;1262757 wrote: Well, again, we can't define "Natural" with the definition of "acceptance". Nature has made it quite clear that sexual organs are intended for reproduction. Acts, with sexual organs, that are practiced by any means other than the possibility to reproduce is not natural regardless of the percentages. Evolution defines nature not vica versa. It has to be true to be logically sound.


Look if you are a catholic that is fine by me but after the protestant reformation and centuries of warfare there are millions of people who have won the right not to be bound by catholic doctrine and asinine papal doctrine that forbids the use of contraceptives. Look at the harm his attitudes to condoms are causing in third world countries trying to combat aids. It's an old story-religious doctrine getting in the way of common sense.

If you want to follow the leadership of a celibate priesthood then do so. But is ridiculous to expect others to follow suit. It took much killing to make the point but papal doctrine is something that cannot be enforced on people-especially i would have thought in a country where freedom of religion is guaranteed in the constitution. To try and sneak it in by the back door is despicable but hardly surprising. They try in in the UK (well Scotland anyway) but all it does is stir up sectarianism over and over again. Old wounds that are nit allowed to heal.

Personally I don't think celibacy not exactly natural either but a choice people choose for themselves. On the other hand homosexuality is something one's "Nature" disposes you towards and should be seen as such.
User avatar
Saint_
Posts: 3326
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: The Four Corners

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by Saint_ »

So, is the idea behind this thread that homosexuality is basically wrong and should be banned from society?

Or is it that homosexuality should just be banned from being taught to children?

Personally, I would say that if you are going to allow it openly in your society, you'd better inform the children, It's always a bad idea to have a hidden agenda with them. They'll figure it out and the act of making it "taboo" just makes it more appealing. (See: cigarettes, drugs, and sex)

Either way, what is the percentage of homosexuals in the United States? It can't really be very high, yet I see it all the time on TV and in movies. If you went by that, you might think the country is over half homosexual. A small percentage of the population seems to be getting all the press.
gmc
Posts: 13566
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:44 am

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by gmc »

Saint_;1262893 wrote: So, is the idea behind this thread that homosexuality is basically wrong and should be banned from society?

Or is it that homosexuality should just be banned from being taught to children?

Personally, I would say that if you are going to allow it openly in your society, you'd better inform the children, It's always a bad idea to have a hidden agenda with them. They'll figure it out and the act of making it "taboo" just makes it more appealing. (See: cigarettes, drugs, and sex)

Either way, what is the percentage of homosexuals in the United States? It can't really be very high, yet I see it all the time on TV and in movies. If you went by that, you might think the country is over half homosexual. A small percentage of the population seems to be getting all the press.


Demographics of sexual orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It must be quite common amongst religious groups because they seem to be the ones obsessed by it. The only people who ever seems to bring this subject up are religious.
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by K.Snyder »

Saint_;1262893 wrote: So, is the idea behind this thread that homosexuality is basically wrong and should be banned from society?No

Homosexuality is an opinion and just that. "You" either have a penis or a vagina. In my mind, it's natural for one with a penis to have sexual relations with a woman possessing a vagina. If one is born with both male and female genatalia then they choose who they are based on what they feel. If one of said peoples chooses to keep their penis and not their vagina and chooses to have sex with males then that defines them as homosexual. There is no middle ground.

Saint_;1262893 wrote:

Or is it that homosexuality should just be banned from being taught to children? No. You're missing the point like alot of people do. Not banned, just not suggested the act of homosexuality is any more natural to nature than masturbation or bestiality.

Saint_;1262893 wrote:

Personally, I would say that if you are going to allow it openly in your society, you'd better inform the children, It's always a bad idea to have a hidden agenda with them. They'll figure it out and the act of making it "taboo" just makes it more appealing. (See: cigarettes, drugs, and sex)You see this is why I cannot understand anyones logic pertaining to this. It's simple really. You say you want your children informed of it so they refrain from the very same practice but then argue it's "natural". It's either "natural" in your mind or it isn't! Then WHY be afraid of your children being misinformed of homosexuality if it's so "natural"!? WHY!? It's the most contradicting logic I've ever seen!

Once again people cannot refrain from defining "natural" with the definition of "acceptance". "You" only feel it's "natural" upon exception and it's logically incorrect. If it's so "natural" then why does everyone keep talking about being afraid of their children being misinformed?

Saint_;1262893 wrote:

Either way, what is the percentage of homosexuals in the United States? It can't really be very high, yet I see it all the time on TV and in movies. If you went by that, you might think the country is over half homosexual. A small percentage of the population seems to be getting all the press. It's the only way they can justify it to get society to accept it because it's not natural
User avatar
AussiePam
Posts: 9898
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:57 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by AussiePam »

K.Snyder;1262959 wrote:

No. You're missing the point like alot of people do. Not banned, just not suggested the act of homosexuality is any more natural to nature than masturbation or bestiality.




How can you link masturbation with homosexuality or bestiality - as equally unnatural expressions of human sexuality?

There are people who consider masturbation morally disgusting, religiously sinful and socially not quite nice - but it certainly comes naturally. Animals lick themselves and rub against things. Kids explore their bodies and play with themselves. Pubescent boys and girls test drive their equipment. Probably most adults indulge occasionally when other outlets are unavailable.

I've never recommended masturbation to my children, nor have I tried to make them feel it's something shameful, unnatural or unhealthy. I have, however, told them that it's socially unacceptable to fiddle with themselves in public.

Children carry enough secret guilt and shame about the functioning of their own bodies. It starts with toilet accidents. Girls are often horrified when they first menstruate, or when they grow breasts.. particularly if they have had "unnatural modesty" imposed upon them. Boys get erections, have wet dreams, try to clean up so no-one knows. Kids get crushes on older kids of the same sex at school. This is natural and healthy and normal. Kids are sexually fragile - and round puberty - are searching for identity. They need help in transiting to healthy adulthood, and that means discussing the issues that confront them - openly and honestly, by parents and teachers who listen as well as talk.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

User avatar
spot
Posts: 40349
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by spot »

On a point of information, do US parents not have an absolute right to withdraw their child from all sex education classes if they feel the need to? It's certainly that way over here, in which case I don't see why the thread has a problem at all.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.

Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
My other operating system is Slackware
User avatar
Chezzie
Posts: 14615
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:41 am

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by Chezzie »

spot;1262989 wrote: On a point of information, do US parents not have an absolute right to withdraw their child from all sex education classes if they feel the need to? It's certainly that way over here, in which case I don't see why the thread has a problem at all.


My eldest had the "talk" in year 5 and year 6 of primary school, each time we were given a consent form to fill in.
Tan
Posts: 447
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:31 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by Tan »

Good point Spot. Good call Aussie Pam.

I also think it is at the parent(s) disrection.

My husband has an open communication with my (step)kids. We would rather have them be comfortable enough to come to us with questions, than get the wrong information in the schoolyard.

If, as a parent you absolutely should have the choice whether your children are being taught this subject.

Does it really matter at the end of the day? There are far more important things to 'worry' about.

Everyones entitled to their own opinion.
Tan
User avatar
AussiePam
Posts: 9898
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:57 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by AussiePam »

If I understand it correctly, I think the worry underlying this thread is that teachers in schools may foist their own ideas / morals / world views on the kids in their care.

I suggest that this happens anyway, in every subject taught in schools of any kind. Parents also input their ideas / morals / world views on their children in everything they do, say, live.

The very tension and conflict that may arise with the possibility of different ideas / morals / world views is, in my opinion, really healthy, creative, constructive. This is one reason I am so very strongly against home schooling - but that's another issue and I don't want to divert this thread.

Why should children be somehow denied access to what educational experts obviously consider to be beneficial at particular ages and stages for all students? Why do some parents feel so insecure????

Children will - whether parents want it or not - come in contact with reality eventually. Being able to handle different takes on issues may be one of the most important things they learn.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by K.Snyder »

AussiePam;1262984 wrote: How can you link masturbation with homosexuality or bestiality - as equally unnatural expressions of human sexuality?

There are people who consider masturbation morally disgusting, religiously sinful and socially not quite nice - but it certainly comes naturally. Animals lick themselves and rub against things. Kids explore their bodies and play with themselves. Pubescent boys and girls test drive their equipment. Probably most adults indulge occasionally when other outlets are unavailable.

I've never recommended masturbation to my children, nor have I tried to make them feel it's something shameful, unnatural or unhealthy. I have, however, told them that it's socially unacceptable to fiddle with themselves in public.

Children carry enough secret guilt and shame about the functioning of their own bodies. It starts with toilet accidents. Girls are often horrified when they first menstruate, or when they grow breasts.. particularly if they have had "unnatural modesty" imposed upon them. Boys get erections, have wet dreams, try to clean up so no-one knows. Kids get crushes on older kids of the same sex at school. This is natural and healthy and normal. Kids are sexually fragile - and round puberty - are searching for identity. They need help in transiting to healthy adulthood, and that means discussing the issues that confront them - openly and honestly, by parents and teachers who listen as well as talk.


I find homosexuality, bestiality, and masturbation to not be natural choices in life. I don't want to imply that I have a personally problem with peoples' opinions. I just find the acts to be unnatural to life that's all.

I wouldn't want my child suggested to that homosexuality is acceptable no more than one were to suggest pornography were acceptable, be it heterosexual or not, to them as children.
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by K.Snyder »

spot;1262989 wrote: On a point of information, do US parents not have an absolute right to withdraw their child from all sex education classes if they feel the need to? It's certainly that way over here, in which case I don't see why the thread has a problem at all.


AussiePam;1263034 wrote: If I understand it correctly, I think the worry underlying this thread is that teachers in schools may foist their own ideas / morals / world views on the kids in their care.

I suggest that this happens anyway, in every subject taught in schools of any kind. Parents also input their ideas / morals / world views on their children in everything they do, say, live.

The very tension and conflict that may arise with the possibility of different ideas / morals / world views is, in my opinion, really healthy, creative, constructive. This is one reason I am so very strongly against home schooling - but that's another issue and I don't want to divert this thread.

Why should children be somehow denied access to what educational experts obviously consider to be beneficial at particular ages and stages for all students? Why do some parents feel so insecure????


My argument isn't just about schools, it's about the public in general. Too many businesses across the US(Not sure about the world) willingly partake in suggesting homosexuality is natural all to boost sales.



LGBT marketing is the act of marketing to LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) customers, either with dedicated ads or general ads, or through sponsorships of LGBT organizations and events, or through the targeted use of any other element of the marketing mix.

The LGBT market comprises a large and influential group of customers to a broad range of companies, across industry segments, across many countries around the globe. In the U.S. alone, the LGBT market is estimated to be worth $660 billion (2006) in disposable income. Approximately 4% to 10% of adult populations self-identify as gay, lesbian or bisexual, meaning between 12 million and 28 million in the United States alone. Major ad categories include travel, financial services, alcoholic beverages, automotive, entertainment, hair and skincare, luxury goods, pharmaceuticals, and fashion. For example, American Airlines have launched a specific LGBT targeted vacations website. While over fifteen years old in the United States, LGBT marketing is a relatively new marketing phenomenon elsewhere in Australia and Europe, including Belgium and the Netherlands.LGBT marketing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
User avatar
abbey
Posts: 15069
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:00 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by abbey »

K.Snyder;1263036 wrote: My argument isn't just about schools, it's about the public in general. Too many businesses across the US(Not sure about the world) willingly partake in suggesting homosexuality is natural all to boost sales.



LGBT marketing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaPoppycock!

Nowhere in that report does it suggest that to be gay is natural.

So they target the gay scene, so what!

What they are saying is, they find being gay is acceptable to their business.
gmc
Posts: 13566
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:44 am

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by gmc »

K.Snyder;1263035 wrote: I find homosexuality, bestiality, and masturbation to not be natural choices in life. I don't want to imply that I have a personally problem with peoples' opinions. I just find the acts to be unnatural to life that's all.

I wouldn't want my child suggested to that homosexuality is acceptable no more than one were to suggest pornography were acceptable, be it heterosexual or not, to them as children.


OK Homosexuality I can accept as being natural for some people although I can't understand the appeal myself. Bestiality is out there and those to whom it appeals probably need help. Masturbation is natural and if you really believe it isn't you probably spent your teenage years and beyond convinced you were a sex mad weirdo.

We think it wrong now for parents to teach their children some races are inferior and find racism shocking but those who used to argue racial discrimination was wrong were seen as woolly minded individuals with a poor grasp on reality. The reality of what hatred and discrimination and the teaching that it was OK to despise some people for being different can lead to was shown in the holocaust.

Nothing has actually changes-there are still those who want to dictate who or what is normal and right and who it is OK to despise and condemn. It's a pity if we let them get away with it because it makes life awful for anyone who isn't quite "right".

Homosexuality is a fact of life and helping kids understand it and accept it also helps then accept it is OK to be themselves rather than having to conform to someone's else's idea of what is "normal" be it being a homosexual, dressing like a goth or liking particular kinds of music. teaching kids about it doesn't make them any more or less likely to be gay it might help make them more tolerant. Your way is one of despair and intolerance.

I was brought up with a whole range of prejudices-homophobia was one of them-anti-Catholicism another- Then I got to know a few and decided they weren't a threat and basically decent people and I should make up my own mind about people and try not to prejudge based on nothing except someone else's prejudice they foisted on me.

IMO it's not homosexuals that have a perverted view of things it's those who think they have a god given right to decide who is normal and who is not and want their own way all the time.
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey;1263069 wrote: Poppycock!

Nowhere in that report does it suggest that to be gay is natural.

So they target the gay scene, so what!

What they are saying is, they find being gay is acceptable to their business.


For the record, I find ads that target heterosexuals:thinking: is an insult to my intelligence.

"Hey, look at me!...(SEX SEX SEX),..Come buy me because you're too stupid to think past your penis/vagina!"...
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by K.Snyder »

gmc;1263075 wrote: OK Homosexuality I can accept as being natural for some people although I can't understand the appeal myself. Bestiality is out there and those to whom it appeals probably need help. Masturbation is natural and if you really believe it isn't you probably spent your teenage years and beyond convinced you were a sex mad weirdo.I don't find sex with ones self to be natural to evolution. I think where most of us is having trouble is in how we define "natural". I define natural based off of evolution, others define "natural" based off of societies' tolerances. We can leave our "opinions" at that.

gmc;1263075 wrote:

We think it wrong now for parents to teach their children some races are inferior and find racism shocking but those who used to argue racial discrimination was wrong were seen as woolly minded individuals with a poor grasp on reality. The reality of what hatred and discrimination and the teaching that it was OK to despise some people for being different can lead to was shown in the holocaust.

Nothing has actually changes-there are still those who want to dictate who or what is normal and right and who it is OK to despise and condemn. It's a pity if we let them get away with it because it makes life awful for anyone who isn't quite "right".

Homosexuality is a fact of life and helping kids understand it and accept it also helps then accept it is OK to be themselves rather than having to conform to someone's else's idea of what is "normal" be it being a homosexual, dressing like a goth or liking particular kinds of music. teaching kids about it doesn't make them any more or less likely to be gay it might help make them more tolerant. Your way is one of despair and intolerance.

I was brought up with a whole range of prejudices-homophobia was one of them-anti-Catholicism another- Then I got to know a few and decided they weren't a threat and basically decent people and I should make up my own mind about people and try not to prejudge based on nothing except someone else's prejudice they foisted on me.

IMO it's not homosexuals that have a perverted view of things it's those who think they have a god given right to decide who is normal and who is not and want their own way all the time. Children will be exposed to homosexuality by virtue of default simply because it exists. I just personally don't want my child lied to in the suggestion that it's biologically natural because it's false information. I'm not leading a world wide clan in the hopes I might fry any number of gay people one might assume I'd get a higher kick out of dependent on the number of people I cook.
User avatar
AussiePam
Posts: 9898
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:57 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by AussiePam »

K.Snyder;1263230 wrote:

Children will be exposed to homosexuality by virtue of default simply because it exists. I just personally don't want my child lied to in the suggestion that it's biologically natural because it's false information.


GEESCH, Mate - we hear you loud and clear. I don't think anyone really disagrees with you that we shouldn't advocate homosexuality as a natural choice for young children.



It's just you've brought all kinds of other stuff into your argument which just seem to make it an amorphous - and therefore unanswerable - mishmash of your own sexual issues.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

User avatar
Saint_
Posts: 3326
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: The Four Corners

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by Saint_ »

K.Snyder;1262959 wrote: No

You see this is why I cannot understand anyones logic pertaining to this. It's simple really. You say you want your children informed of it so they refrain from the very same practice


I think you got me wrong, K, I wouldn't "condone it." But I would inform them what it is. Like I said, its all over TV, they'd see it eventually anyway. But, like you, I really don't see it as "natural" in a biological way.



It's the only way they can justify it to get society to accept it because it's not natural


OK, you're right, I'm not following you. I must be getting old. Do you wish to stop it from being "sold" as a lifestyle to children through movies and television? Do you think it is "glorified" through movies like "Brokeback Mountain?"
User avatar
YZGI
Posts: 11525
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:24 am

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by YZGI »

K.Snyder;1263035 wrote: I find homosexuality, bestiality, and masturbation to not be natural choices in life. I don't want to imply that I have a personally problem with peoples' opinions. I just find the acts to be unnatural to life that's all.



I wouldn't want my child suggested to that homosexuality is acceptable no more than one were to suggest pornography were acceptable, be it heterosexual or not, to them as children.
If God didn't want us to maturbate he would have made our arms shorter.



I suspect homosexuals find it natural and couldn't care less whether you do or not.



Should it be taught as an alternative lifestyle in school. No. Just like homeless living, religous zealotry, or the ninja lifestyle.
User avatar
YZGI
Posts: 11525
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:24 am

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by YZGI »

K, if you see masturbation as unnatural I assume you also see oral sex as unnatural? If so um er sorry for your lady friends.:yh_rotfl
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by Ahso! »

YZGI;1263327 wrote: If God didn't want us to maturbate he would have made our arms shorter.Thats good. How about the penis remaining retracted in its pubic area and only emerging when urination is necessary or it senses the presence of a female organ by rubbing against its opening? That would prevent a lot of problems.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
yaaarrrgg
Posts: 1193
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:29 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by yaaarrrgg »

K.Snyder;1263230 wrote: I don't find sex with ones self to be natural to evolution. I think where most of us is having trouble is in how we define "natural". I define natural based off of evolution, others define "natural" based off of societies' tolerances. We can leave our "opinions" at that.

Children will be exposed to homosexuality by virtue of default simply because it exists. I just personally don't want my child lied to in the suggestion that it's biologically natural because it's false information. I'm not leading a world wide clan in the hopes I might fry any number of gay people one might assume I'd get a higher kick out of dependent on the number of people I cook.


That doesn't seem like a natural definition to me. I'm afraid if you follow your line of reasoning to the end of the road, you eventually reach the conclusion that nature itself is mostly unnatural, or will be, at some point. Since eventually, everything will be extinct due to our actions of lack thereof. :)

I would think "natural" means that the thing in question occurs in nature, specifically, without a concerted human effort to prevent or cause it. Which, without adopting a human-centric view, most things people don't like or are uncomfortable with are in fact natural. Like people killing people, or disease.
Clodhopper
Posts: 5115
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:11 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by Clodhopper »

This thread is getting to the point where it is far more interesting for what it suggests about Mr Snyder's sex life and preferences than for any of its views on homosexuality. It's doggy position only - any other postion is unnatural. No foreplay - unnecessary for evolution. As to his sexual orientation, anyone else think he's protesting a bit too much?
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
gmc
Posts: 13566
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:44 am

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by gmc »

YouTube - Every Sperm is Sacred {Monty Python's Meaning of Life}

And in the interest of balance.

YouTube - Monty Python The Meaning of Life - The Protestant View
User avatar
Omni_Skittles
Posts: 2613
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:10 am

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by Omni_Skittles »

It's not natural, I mean i can love a Dog with all my heart and soul and find every attraction to it... but is it natural? NO. Men aren't made to impregnate men, and neither can woman impregnate each other... It's not natural... It's so stinking obvious women weren't created to have sex with women... and vice versa... How does no one else get this logic? I mean seriously?
Smoke signals ftw!
User avatar
Saint_
Posts: 3326
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: The Four Corners

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by Saint_ »

Omni_Skittles;1263785 wrote: How does no one else get this logic? I mean seriously?


Don't ask me...I sure don't understand it!!:wah:

It would be really interesting to have someone who is actually homosexual explain why they find the same sex attractive. I honestly can't imagine being attracted to a guy. (Mostly since most of my gender, sadly, is less than clean, intelligent, and good-looking!);)
Clodhopper
Posts: 5115
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:11 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by Clodhopper »

There's a very simple test for men about whether they are gay or not: Do you find penises sexy? If you do, you have gay leanings. If you think that all penises are utterly revolting - except yours - you are completely straight. For some reason, short, dark, usually Welsh homosexuals find me irresistible. It's very frustrating. :wah:
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
User avatar
AussiePam
Posts: 9898
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:57 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by AussiePam »

Omni_Skittles;1263785 wrote: It's not natural, I mean i can love a Dog with all my heart and soul and find every attraction to it... but is it natural? NO. Men aren't made to impregnate men, and neither can woman impregnate each other... It's not natural... It's so stinking obvious women weren't created to have sex with women... and vice versa... How does no one else get this logic? I mean seriously?


Omni - I know you have been taught a particular religious position on this, and that's fine of course, but when you say men aren't made to impregnate men, and also speak of women not impregnating women, it makes it seem that you see sex only in terms of impregnation, or the possibility of impregnation.

If you take it that God created every man and woman - it seems He, in his wisdom, made all of us pretty imperfectly. We aren't all 100% male hormones, or 100% female hormones. We're all somewhere on the scale and mostly predominantly one thing or the other. But still, what about men who are chemically predisposed to feeling attracted to other men, or women ditto. It complicates their lives very much. Like Saint, I feel lucky to be clear in my gender identity, but it does seem to be luck of the draw. Maybe there are some cases where a person can decide to curb or redirect their sexual feelings, but many cannot - and for them their feelings are entirely natural. Made by the same hand that made you - if you believe we are all God's children.

A clear and 100% socially accepted, sexual identity is a blessing not apparently given to all. And for those who don't have this, I'm not going to be their judge, or exclude them, or despise them as if they were less than human. They are part of the human family like the rest of us.

As for sexuality merely being for procreation, impregnation - that would mean that a wife who is alreay pregnant should not have sex with her husband until such time as he can possibly impregnate her again.

Where is the human warmth aspect, the togetherness, emotional help, intimacy???

Where I probably most agree with the perceived argument is that homosexuality should not be promoted as a lifestyle choice. It isn't, any more than heterosexuality is. It's one aspect of life - just one part of a whole human being.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by K.Snyder »

AussiePam;1263231 wrote: GEESCH, Mate - we hear you loud and clear. I don't think anyone really disagrees with you that we shouldn't advocate homosexuality as a natural choice for young children.



It's just you've brought all kinds of other stuff into your argument which just seem to make it an amorphous - and therefore unanswerable - mishmash of your own sexual issues.


What "other stuff" is that exactly?

All I've done was present a formulation of logic.
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by K.Snyder »

YZGI;1263332 wrote: K, if you see masturbation as unnatural I assume you also see oral sex as unnatural? If so um er sorry for your lady friends.:yh_rotflClodhopper;1263648 wrote: This thread is getting to the point where it is far more interesting for what it suggests about Mr Snyder's sex life and preferences than for any of its views on homosexuality. It's doggy position only - any other postion is unnatural. No foreplay - unnecessary for evolution. As to his sexual orientation, anyone else think he's protesting a bit too much?


I said it's unnatural I didn't place any connotation behind it at the hopes I might condemn somebody. It's simple really. I'm not playing judge here. You see it as such because quite frankly you have your own minds. :thinking:

"You" people just quite simply don't get it, that's all

I never said anything I defined as unnatural automatically condemned people to "hell"
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by K.Snyder »

yaaarrrgg;1263616 wrote: That doesn't seem like a natural definition to me. I'm afraid if you follow your line of reasoning to the end of the road, you eventually reach the conclusion that nature itself is mostly unnatural, or will be, at some point. Since eventually, everything will be extinct due to our actions of lack thereof. :)

I would think "natural" means that the thing in question occurs in nature, specifically, without a concerted human effort to prevent or cause it. Which, without adopting a human-centric view, most things people don't like or are uncomfortable with are in fact natural. Like people killing people, or disease.


Interesting hypothesis that!

Here, you test homosexuals(through reports having been handed down and taught to your family of course) being the dominant species in 100,000 and I will test heterosexuals and their potential to being the dominant species in 100,00 years.
User avatar
AussiePam
Posts: 9898
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:57 pm

Homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?

Post by AussiePam »

K.Snyder;1263900 wrote: What "other stuff" is that exactly?




Some of the other stuff was masturbation and bestiality, the advertising industry. The topic being discussed was "Should homosexuality taught to children as natural acceptable?"

K.Snyder;1263900 wrote:

All I've done was present a formulation of logic.


I appreciate that you believe your argument was a formulation of logic.

BUT logic is normally considered to be about making valid inferences from true premises.

You are entitled to your opinion, but it is just that - your opinion.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Return to “Kids Family”