Mom Kicks Daughters Out of Car

Peg

Post by Peg »

FullStory

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Usually, it's an empty threat: "If you kids don't stop fighting, I'm going to stop this car right now and leave you here!" But a mother from an upper-crust New York suburb went through with it, ordering her battling 10- and 12-year-old daughters out of her car in White Plains' business district and driving off, police said Tuesday.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

A backhand from the front seat always took care of the back seat fights in our car. I suppose nowadays there would still be an arrest if it was handled like yester years.:D
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Once again an overreaction….

With all the crime there is out there, this is the garbage the police and courts are waiting their time on.

The next time she makes the threat I am sure that they will shut the hell up.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

mikeinie;1179135 wrote: Once again an overreaction….

With all the crime there is out there, this is the garbage the police and courts are waiting their time on.

The next time she makes the threat I am sure that they will shut the hell up.

She's not allowed to have any contact with them for now. My trick is to stop the car and talk to them and just say "well, we're going to be late thanks to your stupid bickering, etc." Always works:sneaky:
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I sympathise with the woman to be honest. It's been a while since i've had troublesome kids arguing the car but can remember it well.

When we were kids, we were always told not to move or talk in the car or daddy would crash :wah:

I now have three squabbling dogs to tend with in the car and i've come very close to tipping them out on the roadside before.

Poor lady....I bet she feels really bad right now. :(
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

qsducks;1179140 wrote: She's not allowed to have any contact with them for now. My trick is to stop the car and talk to them and just say "well, we're going to be late thanks to your stupid bickering, etc." Always works:sneaky:

As crazy as this is, it may sort out the issue with the kids. If they are anway decent kids they should feel bad about the trouble they have caused.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

mikeinie;1179156 wrote: As crazy as this is, it may sort out the issue with the kids. If they are anway decent kids they should feel bad about the trouble they have caused.

They usually quite down after the car stops...then they know their in trouble:wah:. My oldest daughter who's 19 will literally scream at whoever is fussing in the back seat:wah::wah: and since I'm in front too...it's always a funny laugh being had.
abbey

Post by abbey »

Peg;1179127 wrote: FullStory

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Usually, it's an empty threat: "If you kids don't stop fighting, I'm going to stop this car right now and leave you here!" But a mother from an upper-crust New York suburb went through with it, ordering her battling 10- and 12-year-old daughters out of her car in White Plains' business district and driving off, police said Tuesday.How irresponsible!

This could have turned out to be one of your amber alerts Peg!
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

abbey;1179333 wrote: How irresponsible!

This could have turned out to be one of your amber alerts Peg!

I am not saying that it was the right thing to do, I am just saying that it is being over played. It is not like they were 4 and 5 years of age or anything.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

In this situation, Mom safely pulls into the nearest parking lot. Stops. Parks. Cut the motor off. Takes the keys. Only she gets out of the car and stands behind the car. During this time, she says nothing. Kids stop messing around, look at each other, say "huh?' and realize whats going on. They call for Mom and she gets back into the car and then discuss the situation and the possible consequences.

Or......

Mom hides a tape recorder in the car and records the kids acting out. Later, safe at home, she plays it for them so they can hear what they sound like. Mom then asks, "Would you like to be the driver when this is going on in the back seat?"

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Oh what an over reaction !!! I"ve kicked my kids out of the car . They played along with it because they thought I was joking until I drove off. That was quite a few years ago and I never had bickering kids again. I sat in the car and waited at the front gate for them.

I take kids to football and I had an awfully bad time with a couple of them . I warned them that i'd tell there parents if they didn't settle down and then when they didn't listen I threatened them with being left on the side of the road. MY kids warned them " You better listen to her because she did it to us once." Problem solved.

Kids know an empty threat when they hear one and it's the parents fault if they don't act on anything they say. Why should a child take you seriously if you don't follow through.:-5

My nan always told us " You never 'ask' a child to do something unless you're prepared for the 'No' answer. Don't get all stroppy with the kid because you gave them the choice. You tell a child to do stuff! you don't ask them."..................
Odie

Post by Odie »

I'm sorry, but I do sympathize with her, I well remember this happening to me with the boys, stopping the car and taking time out just never worked.

There is no way to concentrate on driving when kids are fighting, yelling or screaming etc.

so I immediately drove them back home.
Life is just to short for drama.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Hey, you know what the mother should do? Refuse to take them back until the kids promise to behave in the car, and then tell the social workers that they are welcome to drive them around like a chauffeur, that would put a twist on it.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

along-for-the-ride;1179433 wrote: In this situation, Mom safely pulls into the nearest parking lot. Stops. Parks. Cut the motor off. Takes the keys. Only she gets out of the car and stands behind the car. During this time, she says nothing. Kids stop messing around, look at each other, say "huh?' and realize whats going on. They call for Mom and she gets back into the car and then discuss the situation and the possible consequences.

Or......

Mom hides a tape recorder in the car and records the kids acting out. Later, safe at home, she plays it for them so they can hear what they sound like. Mom then asks, "Would you like to be the driver when this is going on in the back seat?"

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Oh I would love to record my brats!
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

mikeinie;1179560 wrote: Hey, you know what the mother should do? Refuse to take them back until the kids promise to behave in the car, and then tell the social workers that they are welcome to drive them around like a chauffeur, that would put a twist on it.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl...good thing I live in a small town...I don't chauffeur them anywhere...they've got 2 legs...use em.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

qsducks;1179579 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl...good thing I live in a small town...I don't chauffeur them anywhere...they've got 2 legs...use em.

I like the way you think ducky

Return to “Kids Family”