Picking your battles.

Sheryl

Picking your battles.

Post by Sheryl »

When you become a parent, everyone's advice is pick your battles, especially when they hit the age of 2 and beyond. Most stuff up to now has been trivial matters. However my daughter has now gotten to where she insists on picking our her clothes and fixing her own hair. Since she is as stubborn as me, it's easier to just let her wear what she wants. Now I feel like I a t-shirt that reads "She dressed herself" when I take my daughter in public.

So to all the parents with young daughters, did you let them dress themselves? And if so, how did you ermm deal with it? I mean a pair of pink and brown plaid shorts, green t-shirt, and blue cinderella shoes do draw some strange looks. :o
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
sunny104

Picking your battles.

Post by sunny104 »

my daughter doesn't care....yet. I pick out her clothes the night before and hang them on her closet door so she can get dressed as soon as she's up.

I think it's cute the way some little girls dress themselves. :)
Sheryl

Picking your battles.

Post by Sheryl »

Yea it's cute! NOT! :wah: For the mom, it's a frustrating experience, especially when the dress-up clothes become apart of the everyday wardrobe.

my son
sunny104

Picking your battles.

Post by sunny104 »

It wouldn't bother me at all but then again I dress kinda funky myself. :o :D
Sheryl

Picking your battles.

Post by Sheryl »

:wah::wah:

ok trade you! :p

my son
Betty Boop

Picking your battles.

Post by Betty Boop »

I've been grocery shopping with an angel in the past, luckily she grew out of that one fast, most of the time my daughter tries to dress like a mini me :rolleyes:
along-for-the-ride

Picking your battles.

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Alot of the public schools around here are having the students wear uniforms to school.

Has your daughter outgrown her clothes yet? When she does, just get a whole wardrobe that coordinates.....neutrals with bright colors. So it won't matter which pieces she chooses to wear together. She will always look good. ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
mrsK

Picking your battles.

Post by mrsK »

Good advice AFTR.

Our daughter used to pick what she wore.

I think it is the first sign of independence.

Drove us crazy some of the things she would wear:wah::wah:

Now she is a conservitive dresser..........................thank goodness.

Good luck with it all:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
kazalala

Picking your battles.

Post by kazalala »

My son picked his own clothes out from a very early age but fortunately he knew what went with what ,,, more or less the things i bought to go together! but my daughter was another matter:wah: she didnt seem to care and wasnt even bothered or excited when we went clothes shopping,,, she would poick what to wear if i let her but didnt mind if i picked either,,, and now when she looks at old photo's she says oh mammm what am i wearing???:rolleyes::wah: i suggest you at least take lots of photo's of your daughter in her various outfits so you can show her them later:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Peg

Picking your battles.

Post by Peg »

My daughter picked out her own clothes from a very early age. Sometimes, if it was something I wouldn't be caught dead in, I'd suggest a different combination. Sometimes it worked, other times it didn't.
minks

Picking your battles.

Post by minks »

Well yes Jr Minks does pick her own clothes. It is with great sadness and disappointmet that I point out what a poor display of dressing it is.

Tight white capri pants, cleavage revealing tops, flip flops on cold days, a scarf around her neck matched with a tank top, low rise, butt hugging jeans... OMG where is the fashion sense....

Mothers of daughters who dress themselves UNITE you are not alone our daughters fashion sense will forever be a mystery from age 2 and onward.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “Kids Family”