What Happened to Common Sense?

QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

In my quest to observe and comment on people, sometimes it’s just too easy.

When you see the classic stereotypical American acting so typical, it is hard to resist a comment.

I was just going up a lane in a parking lot and a big, really big SUV was coming at me. A Cadillac Escalade to be precise. It appeared new yet the women driving it passed a section of the parking lot only a hundred feet away where there were ten open spaces in a row to instead squeeze her truck into a tight space between two other SUVs (what else) and in the process give me a dirty look. :driving:

The young women appeared to spend a lot of time in the gym, a lot of time, which may explain why she did not take advantage of parking her $55,000 plus boat away from other cars. Out climbed four children, two of whom appeared to be too old to be hers.

By chance I also observed her leaving the store and back into her vehicle. As she backed out of the space driving with one hand the other already holding a cell phone I noted one of the children in the rear of the truck with the packages and there was no attempt to put the smallest child in a car seat, I’m not sure about seat belts, but unless the children were well trained I doubt they were buckled because she was too engrossed in her conversation.

A Cadillac SUV, a cell phone, apparent little interest in taking special care of that expensive vehicle, and the children’s safety a low level consideration. Ah, the American dream is alive and well.

I suspect next month she may be trading that gym membership for a tank of gas. On the plus side she didn't park that thing in a handicapped space.

http://www.quinnscommentary.com
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I'm quite sure those things are not peculiar to Americans. :)
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

RedGlitter;863294 wrote: I'm quite sure those things are not peculiar to Americans. :)

I wish you were correct, but I fear self-centered Americans with priorities set other than on the truly important things in life are a unique breed in the world, and one that will out of necessity change in the years ahead. :(
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog

Return to “Kids Family”