Charge Syndrome?

mrsK

Charge Syndrome?

Post by mrsK »

Just wondering if anyone on here has heard of this syndrome?

Or perhaps you know of children/adults with it?

I have looked on the net & found some sites,but was wondering if anyone here has some hands on with this syndrome?

I would really appreciate any help you can give me.

Pm me if you don't want to put it on here.

It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
YZGI

Charge Syndrome?

Post by YZGI »

My wife has it. I try to keep making more money to help with this affliction.
CARLA

Charge Syndrome?

Post by CARLA »

Never heard of it till now MrsK. :(

History of the name "CHARGE"

The name "CHARGE" was a clever way (in 1981) to refer to a newly recognized cluster of features seen in a number of children. Over the years, it has become clear that CHARGE is indeed a syndrome and at least one gene causing CHARGE syndrome has been discovered (see below). The letters in CHARGE stand for: Coloboma of the eye, Heart defects, Atresia of the choanae, Retardation of growth and/or development, Genital and/or urinary abnormalities, and Ear abnormalities and deafness. Those features are no longer used in making a diagnosis of CHARGE syndrome, but we're not changing the name.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

mrsK

Charge Syndrome?

Post by mrsK »

YZGI;812217 wrote: My wife has it. I try to keep making more money to help with this affliction.

Good!!! Get back to work so you can help her out:wah::wah::-6
mrsK

Charge Syndrome?

Post by mrsK »

CARLA;812219 wrote: Never heard of it till now MrsK. :(

History of the name "CHARGE"

The name "CHARGE" was a clever way (in 1981) to refer to a newly recognized cluster of features seen in a number of children. Over the years, it has become clear that CHARGE is indeed a syndrome and at least one gene causing CHARGE syndrome has been discovered (see below). The letters in CHARGE stand for: Coloboma of the eye, Heart defects, Atresia of the choanae, Retardation of growth and/or development, Genital and/or urinary abnormalities, and Ear abnormalities and deafness. Those features are no longer used in making a diagnosis of CHARGE syndrome, but we're not changing the name.

Thanks Carla,this is a very unusual syndrome & I am trying to find out as much as possible:-4:-6

Return to “Kids Family”