Kids As Mimics

koan

Kids As Mimics

Post by koan »

I've noticed lately that my daughter holds quite a few opinions just because she knows what I believe in. She tells people to vote for the party that I support, is just finally separating from my religious beliefs after I've told her that she must find her own answers, and tries to read the same books I read... unless it's completely dry non fiction.

She's twelve now so she's starting to get more independent. It will be interesting if she rebels now and tries to tell me that I forced all these ideas on her.
CARLA

Kids As Mimics

Post by CARLA »

She will thats what growing up is about. Then she will come around and know that Mom ideas were pretty good one.;)

[QUOTE]She's twelve now so she's starting to get more independent. It will be interesting if she rebels now and tries to tell me that I forced all these ideas on her.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

koan

Kids As Mimics

Post by koan »

I'm not convinced my ideas are all that great yet. LOL
spot

Kids As Mimics

Post by spot »

You could terrify her by picking up all her opinions instead for a day just to show her how creepy she'd find it.

Or you could watch the news together and take turns saying "that's good" - "no it isn't!" about each item, or is that too much like being here?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

Kids As Mimics

Post by koan »

Interesting idea.

I mimic well. I think I managed a pretty good spot imitation while I was there, yes? :D
spot

Kids As Mimics

Post by spot »

I still grind my teeth whenever I recall it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
kayleneaussie

Kids As Mimics

Post by kayleneaussie »

My kids are 19,33,36,37 and they still mimic me. They do have minds of their own but they vote for the party I vote for and my eldest wants to foster just because I do but I have told her its a very hard thing to do and she has 4 children and 2 are Autistic. It was intersting watching the girls when they were little wanting to dress like me....but that has certainly changed :D
FOC THREAD PART 1
grh

Kids As Mimics

Post by grh »

koan;771621 wrote: I've noticed lately that my daughter holds quite a few opinions just because she knows what I believe in. She tells people to vote for the party that I support, is just finally separating from my religious beliefs after I've told her that she must find her own answers, and tries to read the same books I read... unless it's completely dry non fiction.

She's twelve now so she's starting to get more independent. It will be interesting if she rebels now and tries to tell me that I forced all these ideas on her.

The scary part is when they says things that make more sense then what we say:wah:
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

:yh_glasse

rambo

Return to “Kids Family”