Anyone else?

angeleyes

Anyone else?

Post by angeleyes »

I am a stay at home mom and was just wondering if there are any more here? I always thought this was what I wanted but sometimes I am not so sure. I love my kids but I miss all my friends and grown up conversation and money of my own. My hubby works 3rd shift and is asleep usually all day. And everyone else I know is at work. And also now w/ one paycheck I can't get out and go unless it is necessary what with the cost of gas and all. And the housework just piles up no matter what I do. Been doing laundry for days seems like and now the sink is full of dishes, there are toys all over the house and hubby is always looking for something. It's only been a few months since I quit but I guess I am looking for some kind of reassurance that it will get better. It has to right? Right? A few things I have to say I am thankful for is the time I do get to spend w/ hubby and kids. Normally this is our busy season at work(used to work for Disney) and I would be working 7 days 10 hours. Plus I cooked my 1st Thanksgiving dinner this year and I am actually looking forward to Christmas for the first time in 9 years. Well I feel better already. Thanks guys for listening. Gonna go get some coffee and look around a bit. God bless
Sheryl

Anyone else?

Post by Sheryl »

Hello Angeleyes.

I'm another stay at home mom. And the laundry and chores never end, but you learn to look past it. :wah: I understand where you are coming from abou the lack of adult conversation and such. That's why this place is great, an escape from the kiddie jabber.

Welcome!
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
WonderWendy3

Anyone else?

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I was a stay-home mom with 3 boys for 10 years and even though I was alone with them 5 out of 7 days of the week (the ex was a truck driver)...I loved it....I loved being there with my kids and Sheryl is right...houswork NEVER ends...but it is nice that you have that time with your family....

We are a fun bunch here at the garden and I hope you enjoy your time here....:-6:-6
littlemissgiggle

Anyone else?

Post by littlemissgiggle »

our Kinks on the site is also a stay at home mum,

and i know she feels the same sometimes.

it will be nice to get to know you and you us,

and just have an adult laugh :wah:
WonderWendy3

Anyone else?

Post by WonderWendy3 »

littlemissgiggle;727485 wrote: our Kinks on the site is also a stay at home mum,

Lisa and Sunny stay home also, I think....

There are a handful of you wonderful moms on here....and us old ladies that have to work....we'll keep ya company:-4:-4
angeleyes

Anyone else?

Post by angeleyes »

Thank you both at least now I don't feel so alone. It has actully crossed my mind a few times to go back to work. Then after a little thought or Gabriel does somthing cute I change it again. I've never known what it was like to not have a job by choice. I had to work while my oldest was growing up because I was a single mom. And I guess I got used to that life. Now that I have had this opportunity I guess I'll get used to it too. Sometimes I just don't feel productive enough no matter how much I do. At least when I worked and the day was over I could tell I had done something even if it wasn't much. But now it seems like nothing is ever DONE. And there aren't too many pats on the back for doing things you're supposed to do anyway like wash and cook and clean and make sure the kids don't kill themselves. Oh man there I go again. Maybe I got it all out this time but probably not. lol:-5
littlemissgiggle

Anyone else?

Post by littlemissgiggle »

aww huni :-4

here is a hug for you :yh_hugs
angeleyes

Anyone else?

Post by angeleyes »

:D thank you
along-for-the-ride

Anyone else?

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Enjoy being a stay at home mom...enjoy your children while they are still small. They grow up so fast. Have a sense of humor and don't "sweat the small stuff". I know it's hard when hubby works at night and has to sleep during the day. Do you have neighbors with small children? Maybe you can swap baby-sitting services once in awhile so you and hubby can have some "alone time". That's important too.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Chezzie

Anyone else?

Post by Chezzie »

I was a stay at home mummy until hubby was laid off sick so I got a job fulltime whilst he stayed home with the kids....Then hubby felt better and wanted to go back to work and by then i enjoyed my work and the extra dosh so I chatted with my boss and they offered me a working life balance package to stay...So now I only work 20 hours a week term-time only and its fab...I take em to school and pick them up and get all their hols off with them.

However I loved my time at home and like others have said, dont sweat on the household stuff and enjoy them as they grow so fast and you cant get that time back...Enjoy Angel x
Pheasy

Anyone else?

Post by Pheasy »

Hi and Welcome. :-6

I am also a stay at home Mum. Both my kids are now in school, and I have found a few other interests to occupy myself. It is difficult sometimes - I know what you mean about the adult conversation. Normally when the kids are at school and I have done all my chores :-5, I will natter here - there is a great bunch of people here (not sure about the adult conversation though :wah: ).

Its also great to be at home when the kids get home for school. And I can also be here on snow days, in-service days and sick days etc. I do find it very difficult sometimes though. How old are your children?
mikeinie

Anyone else?

Post by mikeinie »

Hi, OK I am not a stay at home dad, but for the last 11 years my wife was a stay at home mom, and it is such a full time job that I do not know how working couples with kids manage to get anything done.

The house work is a boring, but in fairness we don’t leave it to her just because she is at home. I do my share, and the kids are old enough to do their part as well. One thing she missed the most is the sense of accomplishment, housework is never done. Recently she landed this great job that she loves, and it is working from home, half a day Monday to Friday.

She drops the kids to school, comes back and works until about 2pm. She loves it, not only for the work but the interaction and intelligent discussions with other adults etc.

I do know a guy who is a stay at home dad, I work with his wife who is a high earner so they decided he would stay home. That doesn’t happen too often (maybe not often enough.)
sunny104

Anyone else?

Post by sunny104 »

Hi and Welcome!! :-6

I'm a stay at home mom too. We have a 6 year old girl and a four year old boy. I've been home since I was pregnant with our girlie and it is the hardest thing I've ever done but I wouldn't do it any different. I'm happy that they were always with me or daddy or both. :-6
kinks

Anyone else?

Post by kinks »

littlemissgiggle;727485 wrote: our Kinks on the site is also a stay at home mum,

Yes, i'm a stay at home mum with 3 children under the age of 3, i do find it hard sometimes but it's all worth it :)

Big hugs for you hun xxxx

Hey giggle, missed talking to you, hope to hear from you soon hun xxxxxxx
crazygal

Anyone else?

Post by crazygal »

I'm a SAHM and I missed working at first. I stopped a few months into my pregnancy with my son and then worked for a few months when he was three. I couldn't stand it! It's the hardest and most challenging job in the world but the best and I feel sorry for mums that HAVE to go out to work when they have children under 5. They change so much in that time.
hamid eddin

Anyone else?

Post by hamid eddin »

you rmind me of this

:)

Attached files
crazygal

Anyone else?

Post by crazygal »

hamid eddin;734354 wrote: you remind me of this

:)

Who does?
Krash's mum

Anyone else?

Post by Krash's mum »

hi, i've been a stay at home mum for the past eleven months, but as a single young mum its been difficult to survive on what little assistance the government provides. i decided to go back to work when my son turns one which is very soon. i'm due back at work on the 14th but have'nt found a place for my son to go while i'm working so may have to put it off a few more weeks.

i've found that the house work does mount up... doesn't help that i'm not to good with that sort of stuff and will find any excuse not to do it, and talking baby talk all day does do my head in occasionaly. but i'm sort of used to it. i was working in childcare for the two years before i had my son so had a bit of training haha.
kayleneaussie

Anyone else?

Post by kayleneaussie »

With my first 3 children I worked because my marriage broke up. When I remarried we had another child and I chose to stay home. Now I am still home with 2 foster babies. Yes you days seem to be never ending housework and changing nappies etc but when the babies go to sleep I rush to the computer and log onto FG.:) Once a week I meet up with a friend who also fosters and we take the kids to a outdoor Cafe and have a coffee...us not the kids lol. Its all worthwhile.:-6
FOC THREAD PART 1

Return to “Kids Family”