Toddler fashion sense!

Sheryl

Toddler fashion sense!

Post by Sheryl »

They say as a parent you should just pick your battles. Boy is that hard to do sometimes. The diva has reached the age where she wants to dictate what she's gonna wear. The majority of the time I just let her wear what she wants. Even if the pants are brown and pink plaid, and her shirt is green stripes. I usually get sympathy comments from other moms who have girls. However I get the "What the hell were you thinking dressing your daughter this way" looks from the moms with just boys.

So was what your daughter chose to wear a battle? I know it's different when they are teens, I'm wondering about when they little!

Today's outfit of her choosing..jeans, her kitty sweatshirt, and princess dress up shoes. :-5
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Peg

Toddler fashion sense!

Post by Peg »

My biggest battle with my daughter when she was little was over socks. She hated them. She demanded seamless socks. She insisted there was such a thing. I never minded dressing her until it came time to put on the dreaded socks.
koan

Toddler fashion sense!

Post by koan »

My mother told people that she let me pick my own clothes when I was 4 and they asked if I was retarded :wah:

Apparently I make better choices now but if you let her continue you'll be breeding an artist and that can lead to no good. :D
chonsigirl

Toddler fashion sense!

Post by chonsigirl »

If color mismatch is the only thing to worry about, take it! Save the battles for when they are older.
Betty Boop

Toddler fashion sense!

Post by Betty Boop »

chonsigirl;713489 wrote: If color mismatch is the only thing to worry about, take it! Save the battles for when they are older.

I agree with Chonsi, I gave up years ago arguing with my five going on fifty year old daughter. As long as they are clean and cared for it really doesn't matter! :)
Sheryl

Toddler fashion sense!

Post by Sheryl »

koan;713486 wrote: My mother told people that she let me pick my own clothes when I was 4 and they asked if I was retarded :wah:

Apparently I make better choices now but if you let her continue you'll be breeding an artist and that can lead to no good. :D

LOL I have no problems with artists! My niece teaches high school art. :wah:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Lisa

Toddler fashion sense!

Post by Lisa »

my daughter 6 1/2 is just statring to care what she wears. She likes most of the clothes i buy her. I let her wear what she wants around the house.Most of the time it's her birthday suit. She would rather be nude all the time if she had her way. when it's just us two at home i let her. she has always been a little streaker.

and she hates panties.

:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sunny104

Toddler fashion sense!

Post by sunny104 »

my daughter is almost 7 :eek: and she still doesn't mind that I pick her clothes out. :)

but if she really wanted to and she didn't match or whatever it wouldn't bother me....I think it's cute! :-6

Return to “Kids Family”