One on One time

mikeinie

One on One time

Post by mikeinie »

My wife and my eldest daughter spent the night at wife’s mom place last night. The baby was a sleep and my 10 year old was so happy she was going to have one on one time with dad. It is funny how you can forget that even with 3 kids that you still need to have one on one time, especially for her as she held the ‘baby of the house’ status for so many years. I think that since she became the ‘middle’ kid, she misses some of the extra attention she used to get as the youngest.

We made a big bowl of popcorn, spoke for a while and then watched Transformers, (great movie, the special effects are great). She stayed up way too late, but we enjoy our evening together.
pinkchick

One on One time

Post by pinkchick »

mikeinie;713403 wrote: My wife and my eldest daughter spent the night at wife’s mom place last night. The baby was a sleep and my 10 year old was so happy she was going to have one on one time with dad. It is funny how you can forget that even with 3 kids that you still need to have one on one time, especially for her as she held the ‘baby of the house’ status for so many years. I think that since she became the ‘middle’ kid, she misses some of the extra attention she used to get as the youngest.

We made a big bowl of popcorn, spoke for a while and then watched Transformers, (great movie, the special effects are great). She stayed up way too late, but we enjoy our evening together.

Sounds lovely Mike.... I am the eldest in my family (my sister is 12 years younger) I used to love spending time with mum - just the 2 of us...we had such fun:D
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Bryn Mawr

One on One time

Post by Bryn Mawr »

mikeinie;713403 wrote: My wife and my eldest daughter spent the night at wife’s mom place last night. The baby was a sleep and my 10 year old was so happy she was going to have one on one time with dad. It is funny how you can forget that even with 3 kids that you still need to have one on one time, especially for her as she held the ‘baby of the house’ status for so many years. I think that since she became the ‘middle’ kid, she misses some of the extra attention she used to get as the youngest.

They say the middle one of three always feels hard done by.

That's definitely confirmed in the three child families I've known.

I often wonder who my younger sibling was :-)
chonsigirl

One on One time

Post by chonsigirl »

What a lovely time you two had!:)
WonderWendy3

One on One time

Post by WonderWendy3 »

That is Awesome Mike!! Kids are great aren't they? How sweet!:-4:-4

My oldest one is the one that had a problem with others in his "attention ring"...he was the only child for 5 years...then within 3 years he had 2 little brothers to share with.....he really enjoyed "Mommy time" when he could get some.

My middle son is actually the calm and collective and honor roll student which I always found interesting.

Return to “Kids Family”