Ping Pong or Pool?

Tombstone

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by Tombstone »

Let's say you are adding-on and remodeling a section of your house.

You now have space for either a Ping Pong table or a Pool table.

What would you choose?
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
spot

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by spot »

If I were intending to provide exercise and amusement for the under-25s, the ping-pong table. They can move fast and I'd not want to turn them into lounge-lizards.

If I were intending to provide skillful face-to-face exercises in humiliation and braggadocio for those of more mature years, the pool table. They can't move fast and they're already lounge-lizards.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
chonsigirl

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by chonsigirl »

I'd really like a hot tub.......but would opt for the ping pong table.
Fibonacci

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by Fibonacci »

Why not a Ping Pong-Pool table?

I have one. The ping pong surface drops in over the pool table surface.
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Mystery

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by Mystery »

We just bought a ping-pong table for the residents at the facility I manage, and I keep finding myself wanting to kick the clients off of it so I can play :wah:

BUT, my close friend and her husband have an antique pool table, and we have a lot of fun playing the game there - although, admittedly, I suck at pool.
weeder

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by weeder »

Pool Table.. Interesting things happen over pool tables. Ping Pong is good at aummer camp. Plus the ping pong sound drives me crazy.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
watermark

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by watermark »

If you aren't much of a pool shark get the ping pong over the pool table combo. If you take pool seriously you needn't be asking this question :wah:.
koan

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by koan »

It's an entirely different type of environment with each game.

Even though younger folks might prefer the ping pong on one level I think they'd thank you for the pool table over time. Much more suave and an entirely more useful skill.
dubs

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by dubs »

You can't hustle at Ping Pong! Well I suppose you could, but not the way I play!....:D:D

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Lon

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by Lon »

Tombstone;696474 wrote: Let's say you are adding-on and remodeling a section of your house.

You now have space for either a Ping Pong table or a Pool table.

What would you choose?

Although I love both I would go with the table tennis table due to the fact that the ends can be lifted up and the table rolled away making space for

something else (like a pool table). Plus, the table can be covered and makes a great buffet table. Why not both? The pool table is much, much more costly.

I play table tennis on a professional table and it can be stored in a space 7 ft. wide,2.5 ft deep, 5 ft high.
Clint

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by Clint »

No question in my mind, it has to be a pool table. Ping Pong requires physical exertion.:D
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
RedGlitter

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by RedGlitter »

I'd choose the pool table.

But if there were an option #3, I'd go for air hockey. Seriously.

But there's just something about a pool table. :)
Tater Tazz

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by Tater Tazz »

Have a pool, have to go with a game room.
YZGI

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by YZGI »

I've got both and have had for years. Quite honestly the ping pong table gets more use on a regular basis.
sunny104

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by sunny104 »

YZGI;696710 wrote: I've got both and have had for years. Quite honestly the ping pong table gets more use on a regular basis.

I'm moving in with you! :D
YZGI

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by YZGI »

sunny104;696712 wrote: I'm moving in with you! :D
You will have to sleep on the pool table.:wah:
pinkchick

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by pinkchick »

I vote ping - pong:D
Very nearly perfect ... :D
sunny104

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by sunny104 »

YZGI;696713 wrote: You will have to sleep on the pool table.:wah:

well, that's one thing I've never done on a pool table! :D
minks

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by minks »

dubs;696507 wrote: You can't hustle at Ping Pong! Well I suppose you could, but not the way I play!....:D:D

OMG I was thinking on that line too :wah:
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Tombstone

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by Tombstone »

Thanks for everyone's replies! It's a toss-up, isn't it?

I'll look at one of those convertible tables - so we can do both. Great ideas!
Tombstone

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by Tombstone »

Ping pong it is! And here is the room/corner that the ping pong table is going to go. :D

Attached files
spot

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by spot »

Shield the lights!
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Lady G

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by Lady G »

NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......................................

A Pool Table.

I would LOVE to have a room I could put a pool table in. It is my game and I LOVE it.
Uncle Kram

Ping Pong or Pool?

Post by Uncle Kram »

I'd go for the ping pong table.

I used to be pretty good at Table Tennis and played for the works team in the Walsall league. Imagine the ribbing I got at work the morning after being beaten by a 9 year old girl. Her Dad was the England coach and gave her a right old telling off when I beat her in the first game. I felt sorry for her so took it easy in the 2nd game gaining points by letting her make mistakes rather than smashing her off the table. When we approached deuce and I thought I should wrap it up, I made a couple of errors which saw her beat me.

I then lost the plot in the 3rd game as her old man was ranting and lost. It meant more to her than to me anyway and the laugh next day was worth it.

Last time I played was against the holiday rep in Lanzarote. Undefeated in 3 years, he wasn't overly happy when I thrashed him. He would probably have stood a better chance if he'd been 9 years old :D

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN

Return to “Kids Family”