Our Legacy To You

koan

Our Legacy To You

Post by koan »

What kind of world do you think we are leaving for our children?

Is it better or worse than the one handed to us?
minks

Our Legacy To You

Post by minks »

koan;686811 wrote: What kind of world do you think we are leaving for our children?

Is it better or worse than the one handed to us?

Good lord it's worse, more wars, more endangerd species by the day, less clean air and water, less green space, more crime just off the top of my head anyways.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
el guapo

Our Legacy To You

Post by el guapo »

i lost dad last year found solice in this song

the world is a lot less innocent now adays
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
minks

Our Legacy To You

Post by minks »

el guapo;686829 wrote: i lost dad last year found solice in this song

the world is a lot less innocent now adays

and isn't that a sad thing el taco. Pity our kids/grandkids will never ever know the freedom of playing in the park like we did :(

― Mae West
koan

Our Legacy To You

Post by koan »

Just looking at the cost of living it seems near impossible that anyone will be able to afford land in the future. Property will have to be inherited.
minks

Our Legacy To You

Post by minks »

koan;686839 wrote: Just looking at the cost of living it seems near impossible that anyone will be able to afford land in the future. Property will have to be inherited.

yep I am always thinking about my girls and what will they have after I go yikes I hope my brother has money put away for them I sure can't afford to.

― Mae West
RedGlitter

Our Legacy To You

Post by RedGlitter »

I don't think as a whole it's any worse than it's ever been. Some things stand out- our spiraling lack of social etiquette (think cell phones and pushy people) but as for the dark side, we have always had creeps who go after kids and creeps who kill and maim and steal. Even in the 1930s, there was sicko Albert Fish who cannibalized a young girl. We don't have the monopoly on sick and evil in this era, I don't think. With this question I tend to go with "nothing new under the sun."
koan

Our Legacy To You

Post by koan »

Macleans magasine ran an article about lawyers and how they've discovered that lawyers are rats that cheat and rob the system.

Maybe there is hope for society after all, we've figured out lawyers after billions of jokes have been trying to point it out for almost a century.
minks

Our Legacy To You

Post by minks »

koan;686972 wrote: Macleans magasine ran an article about lawyers and how they've discovered that lawyers are rats that cheat and rob the system.

Maybe there is hope for society after all, we've figured out lawyers after billions of jokes have been trying to point it out for almost a century.

hahaha I love that magazine

on other good notes for our future generations

the technology to research cures, and immunization... yay we have wiped out some pretty nasty ailments mind you others have stepped in but we have technology evolving daily.

Let's face it many forms of communication have brought the world closer, TV, Telephones, Internet. I think that is a plus

Ok maybe it's not so bleak after all.

― Mae West

Our Legacy To You

Post by 911 »

As humans, I think we've sunk really low. But it is good that our children will grow up knowing these things are out there and by the time they are adults, maybe they can figure a way to improve human nature. By improving human nature, we can improve nature itself or at least save most of it.

As far as entertainment, it's great. There are so many ways to do so many different things. But, when was the last time you saw a board game advertised on TV? Funny, I just thought about that. I can't remember any. I think I saw a commercial a few years ago for Chutes and Ladders.
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
mikeinie

Our Legacy To You

Post by mikeinie »

I think that overall it is much better. Historically, I don’t think I would want my kids to grow up in any other time.

There are more opportunities for women than ever before (I have 3 daughters), the whole corporate ‘glass ceiling’ thing is starting to shatter.

They have not and hopefully will not witness any world wars.

Technology is making communications and many other things fun. OK, it has changed the ways kids play these days, but it is just different.

Travel, kids see more of the world today than ever before.

There are many challenges, as there always are, but think the world is going great over all.
Lon

Our Legacy To You

Post by Lon »

mikeinie;687167 wrote: I think that overall it is much better. Historically, I don’t think I would want my kids to grow up in any other time.

There are more opportunities for women than ever before (I have 3 daughters), the whole corporate ‘glass ceiling’ thing is starting to shatter.

They have not and hopefully will not witness any world wars.

Technology is making communications and many other things fun. OK, it has changed the ways kids play these days, but it is just different.

Travel, kids see more of the world today than ever before.

There are many challenges, as there always are, but think the world is going great over all.

But aren't you really looking at this from an Irish perspective?

Things are certainly better in Ireland than in years past, not so?
mikeinie

Our Legacy To You

Post by mikeinie »

Lon;687248 wrote: But aren't you really looking at this from an Irish perspective?

Things are certainly better in Ireland than in years past, not so?

Maybe, but I would have thought that it was the same in most places.
along-for-the-ride

Our Legacy To You

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Because of mass media and the internet, children are more aware of the good, bad, and the ugly of this world. Perhaps, they have shorter childhoods than we did......loss of innocence and wonder.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “Kids Family”