MMR Jabs

crazygal

MMR Jabs

Post by crazygal »

Jade has her first jabs today, I'm dreading it. Ryan didn't even wimper with his but talking with mums in the park yesterday and how their kids cried all night and stuff, I'm worried.

How did your children get on with them?
beautyful

MMR Jabs

Post by beautyful »

Children are quite resilient, they soon get over these things :) Sure your little girl will have forgotten all about it by next week!
Bill Sikes

MMR Jabs

Post by Bill Sikes »

crazygal;629864 wrote: How did your children get on with them?

A brief intake of breath and howls of outrage that lasted and lasted for - oh - about 30 seconds. Don't make a big thing about it, and it won't turn into a fuss.
crazygal

MMR Jabs

Post by crazygal »

I hope they do it in her leg, some do that and some in their arm. I think I'll insist.
crazygal

MMR Jabs

Post by crazygal »

I don't think they give lollies to 8 week olds, lol.

Jade cried for a few seconds but was OK once she got a cuddle. :)
SpiderSam

MMR Jabs

Post by SpiderSam »

All of mine were fine with them. I was told to give calpol for 24 hours before the jab so that if they do have a reaction the medication is already there to combat it. As for the MMR, #3 was the only one who had a reaction to it and she had the mild form of measles, which made me glad that she did have it as if she had full blown it would have been horrid.
crazygal

MMR Jabs

Post by crazygal »

SpiderSam;631640 wrote: All of mine were fine with them. I was told to give calpol for 24 hours before the jab so that if they do have a reaction the medication is already there to combat it. As for the MMR, #3 was the only one who had a reaction to it and she had the mild form of measles, which made me glad that she did have it as if she had full blown it would have been horrid.

Oh I didn't know you should give Calpol beforehand. She has slept loads, hardly been awake today and all she has was 2.5ml yesterday early evening.
SpiderSam

MMR Jabs

Post by SpiderSam »

crazygal;631742 wrote: Oh I didn't know you should give Calpol beforehand. She has slept loads, hardly been awake today and all she has was 2.5ml yesterday early evening.

It's only the advice a health visitor gave me once. Worked for me so done it with the others as well.

Return to “Kids Family”