Braxton Hicks or labour pains?

crazygal

Post by crazygal »

How can you tell the difference?

I've been having really tight pulling across my belly, doesn't hurt like labour but getting a bit freaked out by it. It just feels so so tight like my skin is gonna burst open.
guppy

Post by guppy »

braxton hicks becomes more prevalent with each pregnancy....they do not get regular, do not inclrease in intensity.....true labor contractins increase in intensity,,,,become regular,,,,and closer together over time.....

if your water breaks or you start showing bloody show get your ass to the hospital.....
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Braxten Hicks, but if you are worried, you should call the doctor. It never hurts to call him/her.

They usually go away, and are like guppy said-irregular.
foofoo stripper

Post by foofoo stripper »

You should call your doctor!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Let us know how you feel today, Crazy!
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

crazygal;567366 wrote: How can you tell the difference?

I've been having really tight pulling across my belly, doesn't hurt like labour but getting a bit freaked out by it. It just feels so so tight like my skin is gonna burst open.

Everyones right, call your doc. But when I did after having exactly what you described, I was told it was stretching of the muscles causing the discomfort. It felt like a tearing sensation that got worse the more I walked or did physical activity that made my belly bounce, even in the slightest. It went away after sitting down for a few minutes and nothing but that made it feel better. Ring a bell?
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

Thanks gals, I never had this at all with my son so feels weird. It did disappear thank goodness. :)

Guppy & devist8me, that's just how I felt.

Return to “Kids Family”