My poor invalid

Red

My poor invalid

Post by Red »

Well i had the day from hell yesterday!

We took my mam to a museum for a birthday treat and littlelegs tripped up and landed on the corner of a display unit splitting her eyebrow. soon as i saw the blood gushing i felt sick.

This is her first accident but she was soo brave when we took her to A&E bless her and didnt cry a bit when the dr put steri strips on it! she even got a teddy for being so brave! I however was in shock so had to have a drink and sit down!

she's fine though bless her and has to keep dressing on for a few days i just thank god it wasnt an inch lower or it would have gone right in her little eye!

How do we parents ever get used to these accidents? Im constantly on edge now everywhere she goes!

xxx
SuzyB

My poor invalid

Post by SuzyB »

Ah bless :yh_hugs to littlelegs and for the next 16 years get used to :yh_nailbi

Mine are 10 and 11 and they are always in the wars :-5
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Red

My poor invalid

Post by Red »

SuzyB;536853 wrote: Ah bless :yh_hugs to littlelegs and for the next 16 years get used to :yh_nailbi

Mine are 10 and 11 and they are always in the wars :-5

thanks suzy...ive a feeling ill be grey very soon!
WonderWendy3

My poor invalid

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Bless you Red, I know how it is when they get hurt...hope she recovers soon, and you too.

It's so hard to see our babies in pain... I thank God that mine have never had anything major happen to them...I'm like you, when see them bleed, get ill, but of course take care of them, somehow...it takes everything out of ya....and yeah I could name every grey hair I have...I tease my oldest that his name is all over my HEAD!! (gray hairs named after HIM!!)

:yh_hugs :yh_hugs :yh_hugs and :-4 to you and littlelegs (I love that name-so cute)
Uncle Kram

My poor invalid

Post by Uncle Kram »

Chances are they won't have any more bumps and bruises than you did. The more you have and the older you get, the more you learn to avoid these things where possible. Relax and go with probability. These are for you and Little 'un :yh_hugs :yh_hugs

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Red

My poor invalid

Post by Red »

lol wendy we both deleted ur post at the same time!

Anyway ty chick for the hugs chick, im not too bad now (as long as i dont think of what may have happened!)

and littlelegs is still napping peacefully on the couch bless her cottons!
Red

My poor invalid

Post by Red »

Uncle Kram;536870 wrote: Chances are they won't have any more bumps and bruises than you did. The more you have and the older you get, the more you learn to avoid these things where possible. Relax and go with probability. These are for you and Little 'un :yh_hugs :yh_hugs

thanks pet, i refer to ur comment 'chances are they wont have anymore bumps and bruises than you did' ooer just realised when i was small i broke my leg when i fell down the stairs pulling up my winnie the pooh socks! thats it im locking her up till she can walk without tripping over!

xx
Imladris

My poor invalid

Post by Imladris »

Aw bless her. Poor little mite. Sadly they all give us grey hairs and regular shocks!

Just remember that one day she'll be fretting about her old mum and whether you're safe to be left on your own:wah:
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Red

My poor invalid

Post by Red »

Imladris;536905 wrote: Aw bless her. Poor little mite. Sadly they all give us grey hairs and regular shocks!

Just remember that one day she'll be fretting about her old mum and whether you're safe to be left on your own:wah:

oh god ims...that day is approaching far too fast for my liking!

Imladris

My poor invalid

Post by Imladris »

Red;536978 wrote: oh god ims...that day is approaching far too fast for my liking!

It's not a good sign when even your, ahem, *cat* is going grey!!:sneaky:

Red

My poor invalid

Post by Red »

Imladris;536990 wrote: It's not a good sign when even your, ahem, *cat* is going grey!!:sneaky:

:wah:
CARLA

My poor invalid

Post by CARLA »

:yh_hugs :yh_hugs Hugs to you and littlelegs I hope she is doing better today. They are resilient they bounce right back as if nothing happened. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Red

My poor invalid

Post by Red »

CARLA;537016 wrote: :yh_hugs :yh_hugs Hugs to you and littlelegs I hope she is doing better today. They are resilient they bounce right back as if nothing happened. ;)

thanks carla, she's on top form today, not 1 complaint!
Imladris

My poor invalid

Post by Imladris »

This has just reminded me of when my daughter had an end of shool party and we put a bouncy castle in the garden. One of her friends decided to climb onto the side (yes we'd told them all not to) and he fell out onto a stone garden ornament and split his head open.

Lots of blood, ambulance ride to hospital, 4 stiches - he was fine after just wanted us to give him copies of the photos of him with the paramedic and blood everywhere!:wah:

Red

My poor invalid

Post by Red »

Imladris;537030 wrote: This has just reminded me of when my daughter had an end of shool party and we put a bouncy castle in the garden. One of her friends decided to climb onto the side (yes we'd told them all not to) and he fell out onto a stone garden ornament and split his head open.

Lots of blood, ambulance ride to hospital, 4 stiches - he was fine after just wanted us to give him copies of the photos of him with the paramedic and blood everywhere!:wah:

jesus i would of been on the deck in shock! although i always manage to look calm on the outside i fall to bits inside
Uncle Kram

My poor invalid

Post by Uncle Kram »

Red;536872 wrote: thanks pet, i refer to ur comment 'chances are they wont have anymore bumps and bruises than you did' ooer just realised when i was small i broke my leg when i fell down the stairs pulling up my winnie the pooh socks! thats it im locking her up till she can walk without tripping over!

xx
Alternatively, don't buy her any Winnie The Pooh socks....sorted :D

Red

My poor invalid

Post by Red »

Uncle Kram;537046 wrote: Alternatively, don't buy her any Winnie The Pooh socks....sorted :D

lol aye good tip!
Uncle Kram

My poor invalid

Post by Uncle Kram »

Imladris;536990 wrote: It's not a good sign when even your, ahem, *cat* is going grey!!:sneaky:. Being the true gentleman that I am I'm going to pretend I don't comprehend this innocent comment. :yh_whistl

Red

My poor invalid

Post by Red »

Well littlelegs lost the last remains of her scab last night and has knit back together quite well hopefully it wont scar...now must start making the bubble that she will now live in until she turns 18!

Return to “Kids Family”