Parents stunt daughters growth...

Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

When this story was first posted - I asked, what caused this conditin? How old are the parents? was this drug related? accident? Scrat had a post to assure me these were good people because he listened to them on the radio. But the story didn't make sense to me - I said something was wrong with this story.

Look Up

Static Encephalopathy - cause FETAL ALCOHOL

The mother while pregnant continued to drink alcohol

4- months along, she contined to drink - 7 months along, she continued to drink.

Now she wants to dwarf her home made retarded child to her convenient size - where she can handle picking her up moving her etc.. WRONG

Irresponsible - selfish - the parents ought to be in jail, not on the radio.

Both parents contributed to this condition - how dare they..

Now with our taxes - welfare & all other agencies we get to pay for their reckless, selfish decision to party..

People are in jail for less.. I hope with our money that we can piece by piece make that girl the right size so her parents can leave her in a car, while they're sitting in a bar..

Scrat - don't you call this RUBBISH ??

This pisses me off - I knew I recognized that word Encephalopathy. My nephews death certificate states that - he was strangled to death - yet the 3 who strangled him said they didn't apply much pressure. Brain damage - lack of oxygen for a long time - and they walked cause they were just detaining him. Nephew was 27 yrs. old. May '05

These parents should be held responsible

Patsy
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Diuretic;518379 wrote: With respect RG that's not judgemental, it's an observation.

Thanks Di, that's what I thought too...but on both sides. :)

Patsy, does your research say if this encepho... can be caused any other way? For example could the umbilical cord have been wrapped around her neck and caused damage...? Or is it always alcohol related? :(
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Red

Go to the original post - bring the article up

This childs condition/diag. was caused by alcohol.

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Article state Ashley has "Static Enceph." - severe brain damage

Now look up Static Encephalopathy - due to Alcohol

Patsy
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Patsy Warnick;519072 wrote: Article state Ashley has "Static Enceph." - severe brain damage

Now look up Static Encephalopathy - due to Alcohol

Patsy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... ash105.xml

"Not all cases are as severe as Ashley's. It can be caused by chromosomal abnormality or as the result of a severe trauma at birth.

In Ashley's case the cause has not been revealed"
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

There are many causes for fetal disorders. Unless you know this woman personally and observed her behavior while pregnant....or unless you've seen a direct quote by her or her doctor admitting that her behavior caused this damage, the idea of blaming her for her daughter's condition is blatantly unfair.

Suppose someone blamed you in that way? Will you show us where in the original thread this has been said?

And Glitter, I can express an opinion without being labeled "judgemental."

"Judgemental": a formal utterance of an [IAUTHORITATIVE opinion, a formal decision given by a court

I can also say again that it's illogical to assume that any one of us knows more about this family, their motives and the best medical treatment for Ashley than FOURTY EXPERIENCED DOCTORS.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I'm sure this child has had billions of tests to decide if shes missing a chromosome.

Scrat - posted info that there was not complications at birth - at birth child went home with parents all was well for awhile ? then the damage surfaced/complications.

I had asked if the mother while pregnant had normal check ups - took care of herself etc..? I suppose that info is not available.?

Encephalopathy - has many causes - I had to look up diagnosis before pulling my nephew off life support.

Static Enceph. - this severe and not attached with another diagnosis?

I am sorry but I don't feel sorry for this mother - I feel sorry for the child, who never had a chance from conception.

Patsy
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

"Irresponsible - selfish - the parents ought to be in jail, not on the radio.

Now with our taxes - welfare & all other agencies we get to pay for their reckless, selfish decision to party.."

+++++++++++++ And???? What about this?

Could we all agree that we don't need to judge these people?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Lulu2;519718 wrote: "Irresponsible - selfish - the parents ought to be in jail, not on the radio.

Now with our taxes - welfare & all other agencies we get to pay for their reckless, selfish decision to party.."

+++++++++++++ And???? What about this?

Could we all agree that we don't need to judge these people?

Lulu- we can express an opinion without being judgemental. :rolleyes:
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

LULU

you state unless I know her personally - or have a direct quote from her DR. to know how she conducted herself while pregnant. I'd like that Dr. file since theres no other explanation for this condition. Wheres that info?

To disfigure a disabled child for their convenience is brutal - most people don't believe in abortions - but this disfiguring is ok ?

Until someone proves me wrong that alcohol caused this condition, the parents should be in jail. Thats where I stand.

No we won't agree on this - and I don't want to pay for anymore convenient disfiguring surgerys

I have fibrocystic breasts - had lumps removed - I don't want my breasts removed due to family history or the inconvenient tests.

Prove me wrong on the alcohol - which is the cause for Static Encephalopathy.

Patsy

Return to “Kids Family”