Kids and Embarrassing Moments

Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Me when I was about 5 in a shop with my mum's friend, pointing to a box of Tampax and saying loudly 'My mum has those for her fairy'
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

I was on a bus with my son when he was about 4 years old and a woman got on with some of the worst acne I've ever seen. While I was thinking it was a real shame for her, my son announced very loudly "Look Dad, she's been playing with matches!". I nearly died.

Another time on the same bus a very old lady came on with her frizzy hair dyed scarlet and sat in front of us. Everyone looked the other way but my son again felt compelled to announce "Look at that old ladys red hair, you can see her head through it"

There's a guy who lived a couple of miles from us who has been on TV a few times as he weighs over 50 stones (700lbs) I'd previously seen him on the bus before spread across and overhanging 2 seats. When I saw the bus stopping to let him get on, I just put my hand over my sons mouth for the rest of the journey :o

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
koan

Post by koan »

When I was little my grandmother's eyesight deteriorated to the point of legally blind. She hadn't visited us for some time and when she was coming to dinner my parents sat me and my brothers down and explained that she was blind now, to prepare us.

When we sat down for dinner it was really quiet and my grandmother threw out the comment "The steak looks really good."

Well, what would you say?

"How can you tell?" I asked.

Apparently, this was not the right thing to say.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

:wah:
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Many years ago, I spent MONTHS flirting with someone I found incredibly attractive and he FINALLY asked me out.

TA DAHHHH!

When he knocked on the door, I greeted him with what I hoped was a seductive smile. He stared past me, into the room, with a look of amazement! Turning, I saw that my daughter (who was about a year & a half) stood in the middle of the room, with her hand inserted into her diaper, smiling and rubbing herself!

He didn't have children.

The evening got even funnier....but that's another story.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
guppy

Post by guppy »

Lulu2;490814 wrote: Many years ago, I spent MONTHS flirting with someone I found incredibly attractive and he FINALLY asked me out.

TA DAHHHH!

When he knocked on the door, I greeted him with what I hoped was a seductive smile. He stared past me, into the room, with a look of amazement! Turning, I saw that my daughter (who was about a year & a half) stood in the middle of the room, with her hand inserted into her diaper, smiling and rubbing herself!

He didn't have children.

omg!!!:wah: was there a second date????
guppy

Post by guppy »

i took one of my sons to a nursing home with me once. he was about three. he walked up to this ancient little ole lady and asked her plain as day if her old skin hurt and could he touch it..... then he asked her if she was gonna die today and if she did , could he watch.......i was mortified. the lady loved him .........
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Oh, yes....we were an item for a couple of years. He said I was "fun to watch."
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
kumininexile

Post by kumininexile »

helefra;487055 wrote: For those of you who have children or even those of you who look after children, what kind of embarrassing moment/moments can you remember.

My partner looks after a friend's young boy and whilst my partner was at the supermarket doing some shopping, unfortunately my partner had a bout of flatulence. Anyway, the young boy hearing this said quite loudly "You just farted!", my poor partner didn't know where to put his face. If that was me I think I would have walked around the supermarket with a bag over my head. :D

Don't all kids embarass their parents by declaring in as loud a voice as possible that their mother/father just farted? I thought that was a childhood rite-of-passage, similar to the one where the kid gets out of the bath tub and runs into the living room full of company, stark naked and dripping wet? :)

Return to “Kids Family”