MikeinHU

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
mikeinie

MikeinHU

Post by mikeinie »

It is a pleasure to be back on the road again as I have not been anywhere new for a number of months now. One place I always wanted to see and now have had the pleasure of seeing in my limited business travel is Budapest, Hungary.

Not what I expected, but I was not sure what to expect. What a beautiful, friendly city.

The architecture here is fantastic, and like many Eastern Europe cities is still going through the process of being fixed up and repaired from years of neglect from Soviet occupation.

Interesting history as well, I did not know that they tried a rebellion here in 1956 to gain their freedom and was crushed by a further Soviet Invasion. Despite their turmoil’s, the city managed to hold onto its beauty, it magnificent buildings and their very friendly personalities.

Instead of going into the office in the morning they have arrange for me to be picked up from the hotel and taken on a 3 hour city tour. I can’t wait to see more and learn more.

I did not know that this city was once two cities, Buda and Pest separated by the Danube River only to eventually join to become Budapest.

To all from Hungary..... your country from what I have seen is very nice.
abbey

MikeinHU

Post by abbey »

Enjoy your tour mike and have a good trip. :-6
Kathy Ellen

MikeinHU

Post by Kathy Ellen »

WOW....you are a lucky boy....hope you have a good time. I know you're taking some pics to share, right??:-6
Bryn Mawr

MikeinHU

Post by Bryn Mawr »

After all this travel, how's your accent doing?

Does broadening the mind broaden the vowels?
Odie

MikeinHU

Post by Odie »

your tour sounds awesome Mike, enjoy!
Life is just to short for drama.
RedGlitter

MikeinHU

Post by RedGlitter »

Mike, I hope you'll continue to have a safe and enjoyable time. I for one would love to see pictures of their architecture if you'd like to share sometime.

Return to “Travel Places”