Anyone for roasting marshmallows?

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey

Post by abbey »

I could'nt hear the commentary, damn laptop, is it a marshmallow factory?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

abbey;553027 wrote: I could'nt hear the commentary, damn laptop, is it a marshmallow factory?

No...

If any one of those were a marshmallow factory, I don't think I would ever eat marshmallows again...Those would have to be some extremely toxic marshmallows.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

K.Snyder;553039 wrote: If any one of those were a marshmallow factory, I don't think I would ever eat marshmallows again...Those would have to be some extremely toxic marshmallows.

I'm not sure what a marshmallow is. What is it? I know I could Google (or similar),

but ICBA, & it's fun finding out...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bill Sikes;553065 wrote: I'm not sure what a marshmallow is. What is it? I know I could Google (or similar),

From Wiki

Marshmallow

Pink marshmallows. Although marshmallows tend to be white in their simplest form, they are very frequently given colors.The marshmallow is a confection that, in its modern form, consists of sugar or corn syrup, beaten egg whites, gelatin that has been pre-softened in water, gum arabic, and flavorings, whipped to a spongy consistency. The traditional recipe used an extract from the mucilaginous root of the marshmallow plant, a shrubby herb (Althaea officinalis), instead of gelatin; the mucilage performed as a cough suppressant.

Commercial marshmallows are a late 19th century innovation. Since Alex Doumak's patented extrusion process of 1948, marshmallows are extruded as soft cylinders, cut in sections and rolled in a mix of finely powdered cornstarch and confectioner's sugar.

Marshmallows are popular with children and adults alike, and are eaten with or without accompaniments. In the United States and elsewhere, marshmallows are also used in hot chocolate or café mocha (mochachino), Mallomars, in Peeps and other candy, on top of candied sweet potatoes during Thanksgiving, in Rice Krispie treats, in ice cream flavors such as Rocky road, and several other foodstuffs.

Roasted or toasted marshmallows

A popular, traditional treat is created by toasting marshmallows usually over a campfire or other source of open flame. A marshmallow is placed on the end of a stick or skewer and heated briefly. This creates a caramelized outer skin with a liquid, melted layer underneath. According to individual preference, they are heated to various degrees—from a gentle toasting to igniting and burning the outer layer. Either the toasted marshmallow can be eaten whole or the outside layer can be consumed separately and the marshmallow toasted again. S'mores can also be made by placing a toasted marshmallow with chocolate between graham crackers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshmallow
abbey

Post by abbey »

Bill Sikes;553065 wrote: I'm not sure what a marshmallow is. What is it? I know I could Google (or similar),

By eck Bill, you've led a sheltered life if you've never tasted marshmallow. :wah:
Hugh Janus

Post by Hugh Janus »

Marshmallows. Pink squidgy sweet blobs of pink squidgy sweet blobbiness. Probably improved by setting fire to 'em... :wah:
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

abbey;553069 wrote: By eck Bill, you've led a sheltered life if you've never tasted marshmallow. wah:

I don't think they're a UK thing, are they? They don't sound very nice!
chatter-box

Post by chatter-box »

loads about marshmallows

Return to “Travel Places”