Extreme weather footage

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
K.Snyder

Extreme weather footage

Post by K.Snyder »

Tornado footage.

*Warning* Some of these videos contain explicit language

K.Snyder

Extreme weather footage

Post by K.Snyder »

Tornado footage

buttercup

Extreme weather footage

Post by buttercup »

Terrifying !!!
K.Snyder

Extreme weather footage

Post by K.Snyder »

Some footage of the 2004 tsunami

I can't believe these people sat there and watched those waves coming in and did nothing...

K.Snyder

Extreme weather footage

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup

Extreme weather footage

Post by buttercup »

It really puts things into perspective doesent it, we all fret & get worked up about silly things when these video's are disasters !! not someone's washing machine breaking down or the next door neighbours affair.
K.Snyder

Extreme weather footage

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;551814 wrote: It really puts things into perspective doesent it, we all fret & get worked up about silly things when these video's are disasters !! not someone's washing machine breaking down or the next door neighbours affair.

Yeah, the horror those people must have went through...
buttercup

Extreme weather footage

Post by buttercup »

I seen a programme the other night (top gear) you wont know it K, UK show, anyway in it they passed through New Orleans. I was sad to see so much of it still needing reconstruction, why is that taking so long?
K.Snyder

Extreme weather footage

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;551823 wrote: I seen a programme the other night (top gear) you wont know it K, UK show, anyway in it they passed through New Orleans. I was sad to see so much of it still needing reconstruction, why is that taking so long?

I couldn't really say, but one thing's for sure,..and that's most of these insurance companies aren't jumping through hoops to give out the money they're supposed to...

That, and I'm sure there are alot of construction companies exploiting contract costs...
buttercup

Extreme weather footage

Post by buttercup »

Always comes down to money K *sigh*

Where are most of the residents of New Orleans living now? Are they scattered to the winds or all in one state closeby?
K.Snyder

Extreme weather footage

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;551852 wrote: Always comes down to money K *sigh*

Where are most of the residents of New Orleans living now? Are they scattered to the winds or all in one state closeby?

Those that haven't moved in with relatives are mostly living in shelters...
buttercup

Extreme weather footage

Post by buttercup »

No way !!!!!!!!!!!!

What a shame.
K.Snyder

Extreme weather footage

Post by K.Snyder »

Hurricane Charlie

buttercup

Extreme weather footage

Post by buttercup »

When was charlie & do you live in an area hit by these kind of conditions K ?
K.Snyder

Extreme weather footage

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;551901 wrote: When was charlie & do you live in an area hit by these kind of conditions K ?

From Wiki

Hurricane Charley lasted from August 9 to August 14 2004, peaking as a 150 mph (240 km/h) Category 4 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale. The hurricane made landfall in southwestern Florida at peak intensity, the strongest hurricane to hit the United States since Hurricane Andrew twelve years prior

I live in southwestern Ohio, so I don't have to worry about hurricanes or tsunamis, but I do have to worry about tornadoes, although not as frequent as they are in the plains, they do touch down here quite often...

There was a serious tornado that hit Xenia Ohio in 1974...Xenia is only about 10 miles from where I live.

From Wiki - under Xenia Ohio

Tornadoes

On April 3, 1974 a tornado measuring F5 on the Fujita scale cut a path directly though the middle of Xenia during the Super Outbreak, the largest series of tornadoes in history. The disaster killed 34 people (including two Ohio Air National Guardsmen who died days later in a related fire), injured an additional 1,150, destroyed almost half of the city’s buildings, and made 10,000 homeless. Nine schools, nine churches and 180 businesses were destroyed. The city's plight was featured in the national news, and President Nixon visited stricken areas.

Xenia was hit again by another (albeit smaller) tornado on September 20, 2000. One person was killed, and 100 people were injured. This second tornado followed a path roughly parallel to the 1974 tornado.

Xenia has a long history of severe storm activity. The area was referred to by Shawnee Indians as "the place of the devil wind" or "the land of the crazy winds" (depending upon the translation) before the white man appeared on the scene. Records of storms go back to the early 1800s. Tornadoes are more frequent than people realize; local records show 20 tornadoes in Greene County since 1884.

I live in Greene county
K.Snyder

Extreme weather footage

Post by K.Snyder »

After looking into it...After you have peeked my interests...

Ohio has recorded 656 tornadoes from 1950 - 1995...an average of round 14 tornadoes a year...

I live in southwestern Ohio, and I think most of the tornadoes that touch down in Ohio are mostly in and of around the southwest...
K.Snyder

Extreme weather footage

Post by K.Snyder »

We get a major flood here about every 20 - 30 years...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Dayton_Flood
buttercup

Extreme weather footage

Post by buttercup »

K.Snyder;551965 wrote: After looking into it...After you have peeked my interests...

Ohio has recorded 656 tornadoes from 1950 - 1995...an average of round 14 tornadoes a year...

I live in southwestern Ohio, and I think most of the tornadoes that touch down in Ohio are mostly in and of around the southwest...

So why do people stay & does insurance go up each time a tornado hits?
K.Snyder

Extreme weather footage

Post by K.Snyder »

buttercup;552109 wrote: So why do people stay & does insurance go up each time a tornado hits?

The odds by being killed in a tornado in Ohio is 1 in 2.2 million...

I don't know if you've ever gambled but those are good odds, in favor of me.:wah:

There may be 14 tornadoes a year here, but you have to take into account how spread out the population is in most of Ohio...There are quite alot of farms in Ohio with wide open land...

To put it in perspective, I've been alive for 25 years, and I have of yet to see a tornado.

As for those that move into tornado alley, yes, they are quite insane.
K.Snyder

Extreme weather footage

Post by K.Snyder »

More of the tsunami

BTS

Extreme weather footage

Post by BTS »

And to think George Bush caused all this chaos...........

He should be hung!!!!
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."

Return to “Travel Places”