Stockport flooded

What's the weather like today?
spot

Stockport flooded

Post by spot »

Flash floods strike Poynton, Disley and Stockport - BBC News

Bloody awful place, Stockport.

I used to ride through on my motorbike headed for Leicester, it was always raining in Stockport. One time I went over what then was a hump-back over the railway and some peasant council crew had surfaced the crown temporarily with bare steel.

Stockport deserves everything it gets.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Stockport flooded

Post by Bruv »

spot;1496913 wrote: Stockport deserves everything it gets.

Strange sense of humour you have.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Stockport flooded

Post by spot »

On the contrary I've never quite understood how I survived that encounter and I've blamed Stockport's damnable council employees ever since for complaisant endangerment.

Mid-December it was. Bare steel - a guaranteed grip-free surface - on an A-road in the rain, on the top of a hump-back bridge, and not so much as a speed restriction or a warning sign. I've rarely come closer to obvious instant death through careless working practice.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Stockport flooded

Post by Bruv »

Must be worth a nuclear bomb at least.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
G#Gill

Stockport flooded

Post by G#Gill »

spot;1496917 wrote: On the contrary I've never quite understood how I survived that encounter and I've blamed Stockport's damnable council employees ever since for complaisant endangerment.

Mid-December it was. Bare steel - a guaranteed grip-free surface - on an A-road in the rain, on the top of a hump-back bridge, and not so much as a speed restriction or a warning sign. I've rarely come closer to obvious instant death through careless working practice.

That must have happened centuries ago ! I'm sure the men responsible for that ridiculous activity have long retired and made way for more sensible workers. Why you have to be vindictive towards a whole town because of one incident is beyond me. It surprises me that you appear not to have done anything about that incident at the time !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
spot

Stockport flooded

Post by spot »

For all I care the whole town can sink beneath the waves like Atlantis. It left me rattled, and I'm not often rattled.
Bryn Mawr

Stockport flooded

Post by Bryn Mawr »

G#Gill;1496935 wrote: That must have happened centuries ago ! I'm sure the men responsible for that ridiculous activity have long retired and made way for more sensible workers. Why you have to be vindictive towards a whole town because of one incident is beyond me. It surprises me that you appear not to have done anything about that incident at the time !

Interestingly enough I've tried - it is next to impossible.

I had a similar incident in Leicester and tried, firstly to get the road made safe and secondly to get compensation for the resultant damage to my bike. The Councils maintain a complete legal department to handle such incidents and they're damn'd if some snotty nose kid (and, worse still, a biker at that) is going to get one over on them.

Unless you can afford to hire a legal team of your own, and a good one at that, then forget it.

Return to “Weather Station”