About 6 inches.

What's the weather like today?
YZGI

About 6 inches.

Post by YZGI »

Of snow so far, they say we could get 8-10 inches by tonight.

I'm sure a lot of us in the US are getting snow today, they said this snow storm could affect up to 100 million people in the US.

What have you gotten so far?
Oscar Namechange

About 6 inches.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

About 6 Inches... but that's enough about my sex life.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
YZGI

About 6 inches.

Post by YZGI »

oscar;1446993 wrote: About 6 Inches... but that's enough about my sex life.

I'll let you know when it gets to 8.
Oscar Namechange

About 6 inches.

YZGI;1446994 wrote: I'll let you know when it gets to 8. Ha ha... I would love all that snow.

Here, I'm not that far from the Somerset floods and have had nothing but rain. I've had a mini flood outside my front door for about two weeks now. As fast as I clear It, It fills again. My dogs have had to navigate a stream to get Into the front garden although my cats being more Intelligent It seems, avoid this by using windows. I am absolutely sick to death of the muddy water and muck my dogs bring In the house every day and my mop and bucket Is fast becoming a standing fixture of my furnature.

I am so sick of It that I'd swap for the snow any day.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Mustang

About 6 inches.

Post by Mustang »

Nothing, so far.

Sun is out and holding at about 28º F. :-6

They are forecasting 10-14" of snow tonight into Wednesday morning.
YZGI

About 6 inches.

Post by YZGI »

oscar;1446996 wrote: Ha ha... I would love all that snow.

Here, I'm not that far from the Somerset floods and have had nothing but rain. I've had a mini flood outside my front door for about two weeks now. As fast as I clear It, It fills again. My dogs have had to navigate a stream to get Into the front garden although my cats being more Intelligent It seems, avoid this by using windows. I am absolutely sick to death of the muddy water and muck my dogs bring In the house every day and my mop and bucket Is fast becoming a standing fixture of my furnature.

I am so sick of It that I'd swap for the snow any day.
We do need the moisture but it's a pain in the ass getting around with all the idiots driving.
YZGI

About 6 inches.

Post by YZGI »

Mustang;1446997 wrote: Nothing, so far.

Sun is out and holding at about 28º F. :-6

They are forecasting 10-14" of snow tonight into Wednesday morning.

You must be east of me.
tude dog

About 6 inches.

Post by tude dog »

Official word.

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST WEDNESDAY.

* SNOW ACCUMULATION... GENERALLY RANGING FROM 4 TO 8 INCHES...

We got almost 2" so far.

Just glad I don't have to work today.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Oscar Namechange

About 6 inches.

YZGI;1446999 wrote: We do need the moisture but it's a pain in the ass getting around with all the idiots driving.

Remember QS Ducks here.? She sent me some pics early this morning of the snow outside her house In Phillidelphia and that's really bad... could barely see her car.

My husband always says that people who love snow are people who don't have to drive to work.
LarsMac

About 6 inches.

Post by LarsMac »

Well, so far, here, probably about 1.5" of snow since early this morning. but it is actually melting on the streets. Driving is a bit messy, but the roads are not slickery.

We will have flurries through most of the week.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Chloe_88

About 6 inches.

Post by Chloe_88 »

We haven't even had any winter yet!

Well we had a few days of -1 to -4 °C. And about 2 flakes of snow.

Rest of the week will be between 4 and 8 °C..

I think everyone else got our winter, it seems to have skipped us.

Although it has happened before that winter came in march.. -15°C and snow came up to our knees
YZGI

About 6 inches.

Post by YZGI »

Chloe_88;1447016 wrote: We haven't even had any winter yet!

Well we had a few days of -1 to -4 °C. And about 2 flakes of snow.

Rest of the week will be between 4 and 8 °C..

I think everyone else got our winter, it seems to have skipped us.

Although it has happened before that winter came in march.. -15°C and snow came up to our knees

We've had a long winter here, we have another snow storm coming in a couple of days.
fuzzywuzzy

About 6 inches.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I want pictures!!!!!! We've had so many 40-45 celcius degree days this summer it's ridiculas.
tude dog

About 6 inches.

Post by tude dog »

For the whole picture.

National Weather Service Radar Image Loop

National Mosaic - Full Resolution
Chloe_88

About 6 inches.

Post by Chloe_88 »

YZGI;1447020 wrote: We've had a long winter here, we have another snow storm coming in a couple of days.

Wow, shame you cant pass a little over this direction.. Good luck with that and be safe. :)
LarsMac

About 6 inches.

Post by LarsMac »

fuzzywuzzy;1447023 wrote: I want pictures!!!!!! We've had so many 40-45 celcius degree days this summer it's ridiculas.

Here is a couple for ya.

- DH Lawrence
tabby

About 6 inches.

Post by tabby »

Beautiful snow! It's drizzling rain here this morning and the forecast for the next few days is dull ... temps in the 40s & probably more rain over the weekend.
YZGI

About 6 inches.

Post by YZGI »

Ended up with around 9 inches. This morning we have 4 degrees with 15 below wind chill factor. Supposed to get colder tomorrow.
LarsMac

About 6 inches.

Post by LarsMac »

we were at -18 f this morning when I got up. It will warm up to about 2 today, they say. No new snow, though. Then by Saturday we might see it warm up to freezing.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

About 6 inches.

Post by LarsMac »

Here's one for ya, Fuzzy.

- DH Lawrence
tude dog

About 6 inches.

Post by tude dog »

WOW

Lars has some deep snow going on there.

Well here is my contribution, taken about 8 am, temp 0 degrees F more or less. Today's high 10 degrees F.

Lady J

About 6 inches.

Post by Lady J »

LarsMac;1447128 wrote: Here's one for ya, Fuzzy.

You have some serious shoveling to do!!!

From your prior image it looks like a wet snow so watch your back!!!
Lady J

About 6 inches.

Post by Lady J »

tude dog;1447191 wrote: WOW

Lars has some deep snow going on there.

Well here is my contribution, taken about 8 am, temp 0 degrees F more or less. Today's high 10 degrees F.

Tude that first shot looks like it could be a Christmas card!

Great image.
Lady J

About 6 inches.

Post by Lady J »

No snow this time instead we got ice.

Lucky it was all gone by noon unfortunately it left behind a lot of mud.

fuzzywuzzy

About 6 inches.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

OMG!!!!!!

Very cool pics!!!!!! places look lovely covered in snow. But then I guess you have to trudge through it and shovel it. I'll take some pics next week when I go fishing of the nice sunny beach for you all.
Guppers

About 6 inches.

Post by Guppers »

I love snow! Unfortunately I live in the Deep South. By the beach....
Bryn Mawr

About 6 inches.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Guppers;1503324 wrote: I love snow! Unfortunately I live in the Deep South. By the beach....

All is not lost - we had snow on the beach in Crete last winter :-)
LarsMac

About 6 inches.

Post by LarsMac »

Well we have our first real snow of the year expected Tuesday. They are not even trying to predict how much we will get around here. Somewhere between 1 and 10 inches seems to be the consensus. And I have to drive down to the office all next week - about 25 miles each way. It'll be great.
- DH Lawrence
Wandrin

About 6 inches.

Post by Wandrin »

LarsMac;1503376 wrote: Well we have our first real snow of the year expected Tuesday. They are not even trying to predict how much we will get around here. Somewhere between 1 and 10 inches seems to be the consensus. And I have to drive down to the office all next week - about 25 miles each way. It'll be great.

Have you winterized your coach yet?
LarsMac

About 6 inches.

Post by LarsMac »

Wandrin;1503379 wrote: Have you winterized your coach yet?

I have.

I originally expected to be on the road to warmer climes before the real cold rolled in, so, at first, I simply drained the water lines, and poured some antifreeze into the drain traps.

However, when it became evident that we are likely remaining in Colorado 'til after Christmas, I decided to go ahead and put antifreeze in the lines, just to be sure. We are looking at a week of sub-freezing weather, so I hope I am prepared.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

About 6 inches.

Post by tude dog »

The prediction was for ice rain but we got snow today.

It is 33 degrees F and still snowing. So tonight it will all turn to ice. Last I was out there was 2".

Don't worry about Mamma Cat as she is welcomed in the house anytime. In the video you may notice a box, My Wife's Cat House complete with an electric blanket.

Guppers

About 6 inches.

Post by Guppers »

Bryn Mawr;1503352 wrote: All is not lost - we had snow on the beach in Crete last winter :-)

If it snows where I'm at we are having some seriously messed up cold weather...people are still swimming in the ocean here
Guppers

About 6 inches.

Post by Guppers »

tude dog;1503412 wrote: The prediction was for ice rain but we got snow today.

It is 33 degrees F and still snowing. So tonight it will all turn to ice. Last I was out there was 2".

Don't worry about Mamma Cat as she is welcomed in the house anytime. In the video you may notice a box, My Wife's Cat House complete with an electric blanket.

Thank you so much for sharing...I get to see snow! .....brr...stay warm
Guppers

About 6 inches.

Post by Guppers »

LarsMac;1503389 wrote: I have.

I originally expected to be on the road to warmer climes before the real cold rolled in, so, at first, I simply drained the water lines, and poured some antifreeze into the drain traps.

However, when it became evident that we are likely remaining in Colorado 'til after Christmas, I decided to go ahead and put antifreeze in the lines, just to be sure. We are looking at a week of sub-freezing weather, so I hope I am prepared.

Hey Larsmac...so do you live in a rv/ camper ? Full time?
LarsMac

About 6 inches.

Post by LarsMac »

Guppers;1503436 wrote: Hey Larsmac...so do you live in a rv/ camper ? Full time?

We're working on that. But, plans must remain flexible.

And they may change again, soon. Our company was just purchased by another, and the new masters may not be as nonchalant about their employees being out of the office, gallivanting about the countryside.
- DH Lawrence
Guppers

About 6 inches.

Post by Guppers »

LarsMac;1503444 wrote: We're working on that. But, plans must remain flexible.

And they may change again, soon. Our company was just purchased by another, and the new masters may not be as nonchalant about their employees being out of the office, gallivanting about the countryside.

We have been living in a fifthwheel for two years now. Building a house paycheck by paycheck...I love living in the fifthwheel. The house will be a bonus one day...my husband repairs rvs/ campers for a living. He has one of the best jobs in the world. I ride with him a lot , get to meet so many wonderful people...made some lifelong friends that way...most camper peeps are happy, laid back and fun. Ya just about got to be to live in such small space with someone else...lol
FourPart

About 6 inches.

Post by FourPart »

We've had temperatures as low as -6 here, but no snow yet.
Bryn Mawr

About 6 inches.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Guppers;1503446 wrote: We have been living in a fifthwheel for two years now. Building a house paycheck by paycheck...I love living in the fifthwheel. The house will be a bonus one day...my husband repairs rvs/ campers for a living. He has one of the best jobs in the world. I ride with him a lot , get to meet so many wonderful people...made some lifelong friends that way...most camper peeps are happy, laid back and fun. Ya just about got to be to live in such small space with someone else...lol

Sounds to be a good live - long may it continue :-6
spot

About 6 inches.

Post by spot »

How does this fifthwheel cope with St Pauls or the Great Lakes in December though? Do you have to stay south of the 49th parallel during winter?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
minks

About 6 inches.

Post by minks »

yes stay south of the 49th. This week we fell as low as -35C. Brrrrrr
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
magentaflame

About 6 inches.

Post by magentaflame »

-35 below? Thats crazy talk! I couldnt cope with -15 below in Maine. Apparently breathing like youre in a freezer is normal to you guys. Hence i couldnt breathe. Scared the hell out of me.!
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

About 6 inches.

Post by magentaflame »

Guppers;1503446 wrote: We have been living in a fifthwheel for two years now. Building a house paycheck by paycheck...I love living in the fifthwheel. The house will be a bonus one day...my husband repairs rvs/ campers for a living. He has one of the best jobs in the world. I ride with him a lot , get to meet so many wonderful people...made some lifelong friends that way...most camper peeps are happy, laid back and fun. Ya just about got to be to live in such small space with someone else...lol

Huh?.... but the picket fence and the lobster mailbox?

What happened? What have i missed?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
FourPart

About 6 inches.

Post by FourPart »

It got as low as -6 here last week, but only for a couple of days. The tree outside my window actually looks like it's starting to show signs of coming out in bud.
LarsMac

About 6 inches.

Post by LarsMac »

We ended up with about 3 inches from last night's blow, and the temp dropped to -4 f. (-20 C) Tonight we will see around -10 f. We are just on the edge of this stuff. Our nephew spent the night driving across Wyoming in -10 to -18 f with blowing snow and icy roads.
- DH Lawrence
spot

About 6 inches.

Post by spot »

Good lord. I'm moderately annoyed that the coming week will see the present daytime temperature of 12°C drop to 9°C. The first is comfortable, the second means chilly fingers.

It is, I was told at school, a consequence of the Gulf Stream, not that I've ever seen the Gulf. But I do live above the 49th parallel.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
YZGI

About 6 inches.

Post by YZGI »

Finally!! Just got heat back in my house. It went out Saturday during the snow storm, I burned at least 2-3 ricks of wood in the fireplace plus had a few heaters going. It got -10F Saturday night so I stayed up to feed the fire most of the night to keep at least the living room somewhat less than frozen. After spending most of the day Saturday working on it we finally called a repair shop Saturday night actually we called a few of them, I have friends in the business so called them also. Turned out to be the control panel and no one had any in stock so had to order and they put it in this morning. Can't wait to get home to a warm house.
spot

About 6 inches.

Post by spot »

You could have packed your swimwear and flown the family to Ipanema for the weekend!
YZGI

About 6 inches.

Post by YZGI »

spot;1504275 wrote: You could have packed your swimwear and flown the family to Ipanema for the weekend!

That was our next option..
Ahso!

About 6 inches.

Post by Ahso! »

I had a similar event two winters ago. My furnace is old. The local company tried to get me to upgrade for nine grand. Turned out to be some carbon build up on the grate.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Weather Station”