Texas Snow Day!

What's the weather like today?
Omni_Skittles

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Omni_Skittles »

I'm a little worried about this cause uh... it hasn't apparently snowed this much in Dallas in over 30 years and well i hope Texans just stay home and play in the snow!!!!!

Here's some MORE pics from my school :) I mean c'mon... we don't get snow like this everday!!!

A big snowball fight between dorms!

That's a twelve inch ruler... fyi

Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Omni_Skittles »

and more pictures :)

Attached files
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Omni_Skittles »

and a few more... kay i'm done lol

Attached files
Smoke signals ftw!
Odie

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Odie »

Omni_Skittles;1289767 wrote: and a few more... kay i'm done lol

awwwwwwwwww you look so cute hun!:)

Its hard to believe you had that much snow in Texas!:yh_rotfl

Your pictures are just fabulous!:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
Omni_Skittles

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Odie;1289768 wrote: awwwwwwwwww you look so cute hun!:)

Its hard to believe you had that much snow in Texas!:yh_rotfl

Your pictures are just fabulous!:-6Oh STOP! :yh_rotfl AND!!! it's still snowing! AND we have a snow day :)
Smoke signals ftw!
spot

Texas Snow Day!

Post by spot »

Good grief... you've got an igloo???
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Omni_Skittles

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Omni_Skittles »

:) Jealous?
Smoke signals ftw!
spot

Texas Snow Day!

Post by spot »

I should say so!

It's snowing here too but this time, for once, it's not settling. For us it's routine, in Texas it's a treat. I hope you've an extra t-shirt to wrap up in though. And a hat.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Omni_Skittles

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Omni_Skittles »

yea, I layered... but i don't have the hat thing... or the gloves so making a snow man was kind of ridiculously cold.... It's still snowing! I'm loving this weather
Smoke signals ftw!
chonsigirl

Texas Snow Day!

Post by chonsigirl »

That is so cool! Being from LA, it only snowed twice when I was a kid. Once my dad woke us all up in the middle of the night to go out in. And the sendond time was when I was in 9th grade, geography class. The teacher droned on and on, then closed his book unexpectedly and said "class dismissed." We woke up and thought, "Wow, I wonder why?" He directed our attention to the windows, where it was snowing. It snowed for 2 hours, the whole school went outside to play in it.

Enjoy it Skittles, what an unexpected joy to have!
Odie

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Odie »

Omni_Skittles;1289777 wrote: Oh STOP! :yh_rotfl AND!!! it's still snowing! AND we have a snow day :)

you do look cute in snow, its a new you!:yh_rotfl

enjoy your day off!:-6
Bevdee

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Bevdee »

I'm taking a snow day!! I live at the Oklahoma state line, work in the metroplex- too bad!! I can't work tonight!!!
minks

Texas Snow Day!

Post by minks »

More more guys I am loving all your stories about your snow days. I am sorry you are getting all the snow but to me it is refreshing to hear people enjoy the snow. For us here it's a long 8 months of snow every year.

Skittles the pictures are fantastic, what fun.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bevdee

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Bevdee »

Well. I have branches down in the back yard from the weight of it, but it's soso pretty!! My cowboy and cowgirl dawgs do NOT care for it at all!! That coldness on their pampered pawpaws!!:-1 Every time I open the door for them, they run to it, see all that white, then screech to a halt. ERttttt. It's so funny to me, I'm doing it just for the entertainment. :yh_rotfl

I took my chihuahua out and set him down in it, and he climbed on my shoe and stood there, growling up at me.

I know it's nothing compared to what yankees endure every winter (sometimes spring and fall, too!). I like it now and then - it whitewashes everything, and makes it look so pretty!!!
Odie

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Odie »

Bevdee;1289823 wrote: Well. I have branches down in the back yard from the weight of it, but it's soso pretty!! My cowboy and cowgirl dawgs do NOT care for it at all!! That coldness on their pampered pawpaws!!:-1 Every time I open the door for them, they run to it, see all that white, then screech to a halt. ERttttt. It's so funny to me, I'm doing it just for the entertainment. :yh_rotfl

I took my chihuahua out and set him down in it, and he climbed on my shoe and stood there, growling up at me.

I know it's nothing compared to what yankees endure every winter (sometimes spring and fall, too!). I like it now and then - it whitewashes everything, and makes it look so pretty!!!

:yh_rotfl

enjoy your snow day!

do you have pics of your dogs?

poor chihuahua!:wah:
Amythest

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Amythest »

Hey, Can ya Truck or Railway it up to the Winter Olympics?

They may need another supplier!

Looks like everyones having fun In Texas at least. The joys of youth. :-6
Amythest

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Amythest »

Bevdee;1289823 wrote: Well. I have branches down in the back yard from the weight of it, but it's soso pretty!! My cowboy and cowgirl dawgs do NOT care for it at all!! That coldness on their pampered pawpaws!!:-1 Every time I open the door for them, they run to it, see all that white, then screech to a halt. ERttttt. It's so funny to me, I'm doing it just for the entertainment. :yh_rotfl

Yer Dawgs sound Like *****'s! Pampered *****'S! Just like mine :yh_rotfl

But he loves the snow, and we barely got any all winter.

:-1
Omni_Skittles

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Okay more picures :) lol I was so blessed today to help my buddy out by getting her in the snow... it was her first time in snow like this and it made my day to help her out and watch her have fun!

Attached files
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Omni_Skittles »

I know it's nothing compared to what yankees endure every winter (sometimes spring and fall, too!). I like it now and then - it whitewashes everything, and makes it look so pretty!!!I put a few pictures up but it's really funny to see all the trees broken and laying on their sides... this is def texas! ha
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Omni_Skittles »

chonsigirl;1289799 wrote: That is so cool! Being from LA, it only snowed twice when I was a kid. Once my dad woke us all up in the middle of the night to go out in. And the sendond time was when I was in 9th grade, geography class. The teacher droned on and on, then closed his book unexpectedly and said "class dismissed." We woke up and thought, "Wow, I wonder why?" He directed our attention to the windows, where it was snowing. It snowed for 2 hours, the whole school went outside to play in it.

Enjoy it Skittles, what an unexpected joy to have!

awe :) I grew up in New Mexico so i have a great idea what snow is... but to have it in Texas is pretty great!!! I meant to stay indoors and watch movies and just let texans have all the fun... but my friend looked like she really wanted to be in it so my buddy and i helped her out... It was sooo much fun... NOW i'm going to go in my room and do NOTHING!!! :)
Smoke signals ftw!
Saint_

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Saint_ »

CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!!!

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa.......:-3

(Nice pics, Skittles!):D
Omni_Skittles

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Saint_;1290004 wrote: CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!!!

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa.......:-3

(Nice pics, Skittles!):Dhaha for real! and thanks :) it reminded me of being home
Smoke signals ftw!
Odie

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Odie »

Omni_Skittles;1289997 wrote: Okay more picures :) lol I was so blessed today to help my buddy out by getting her in the snow... it was her first time in snow like this and it made my day to help her out and watch her have fun!

That was really nice of you!:-6

great pics Omni!
along-for-the-ride

Texas Snow Day!

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I like your photos, Omni.................thanks for sharing. :)

Believe it or not, it is snowing here in southeast Georgia tonight. I mean, it is sticking and covering the ground. A winter wonderland in Dixie. :wah:
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
along-for-the-ride

Texas Snow Day!

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Here's a link to my photos from today:

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/forum ... ost1290097
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Omni_Skittles

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Omni_Skittles »

lol the snow is melting... i guess as it should.... but bonus! i get to wear my rainboots so that's good. :)
Smoke signals ftw!
Odie

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1290098 wrote: Here's a link to my photos from today:

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/forum ... ost1290097

to cute, a Valentine heart in the snow.:-6
Jazzy

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Jazzy »

Power and phone lines went down for over 24 hours. Right now there are still over 3,000 people without power. I will try to uplaod pictures later.

Odie

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1293114 wrote: Power and phone lines went down for over 24 hours. Right now there are still over 3,000 people without power. I will try to uplaod pictures later.

whew! What a storm you must have had, I was worried not hearing from you, so happy you are okay.:-4
M.A.S

Texas Snow Day!

Post by M.A.S »

wow that's cool :)

but i haven't seen snow in my life :-2

i wish we have some here
I miss you Odie
Odie

Texas Snow Day!

Post by Odie »

My brother in law and his wife moved to Qatar five years ago, with the extensive heat there year round, sometimes they wished they had of stayed here in Canada!:yh_rotfl

Return to “Weather Station”