A nor'eastern is heading up coastal USA

What's the weather like today?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

BLIZZARD WARNING....

We're preparing for a nor'eastern that will hit us along the coastal part of the USA on Friday night into Saturday night.

We will be hit with up to 24 inches of snow, heavy winds and drifting snows.

It's scary to think about all of this weather, and I hope all are prepared for this blizzard. We expect 2 ft. of snow at the beach. I think I'm ready for it....hope so.

Stay safe Chonsi, Ducky, Wendy, Pheasy and anyone else who is along or nearby the coastal areas. Ahso, I'm not sure if you'll be hit by this storm. Stay safe if you are.

I'll take some pictures on Saturday if the storm is indeed serious. Who knows.....the storm might head out to sea, but I doubt it.

From the weatherchannel.com...

.. BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM FRIDAY TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD WARNING... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM FRIDAY TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

A STORM SYSTEM DEVELOPING OVER THE GULF OF MEXICO TODAY WILL PASS OFF THE CAROLINA COAST FRIDAY NIGHT AND THEN CONTINUE TO THE NORTHEAST ON SATURDAY. SNOW FROM THIS SYSTEM WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION FROM SOUTH TO NORTH FRIDAY AFTERNOON... THEN CONTINUE THROUGH MUCH OF SATURDAY. SNOWFALL TOTALS OF 12 TO 18 INCHES ARE EXPECTED NEAR THE DELAWARE AND CENTRAL NEW JERSEY COAST WITH UP TO 24 INCHES POSSIBLE OVER SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY AND THE CENTRAL DELMARVA. STRENGTHENING WINDS FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY WILL CREATE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WHICH WILL REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO UNDER ONE- QUARTER MILE AT TIMES.

A BLIZZARD WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED. FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS AND POOR VISIBILITIES ARE LIKELY. THIS WILL LEAD TO WHITEOUT CONDITIONS... MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS FROM YOUR NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Down south tomorrow we're supposed to get heavy rains.........possible flooding.

Anybody have an ark? :wah:
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

along-for-the-ride;1288177 wrote: Down south tomorrow we're supposed to get heavy rains.........possible flooding.

Anybody have an ark? :wah:

Stay safe Diana:-6
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, be safe up there you all.
Odie

Post by Odie »

two feet?

wow!

again....everyone stay safe.
Life is just to short for drama.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Just beautiful her in paradise. :-6:-6 Expecting a little rain Saturday..
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

CARLA;1288207 wrote: Just beautiful her in paradise. :-6:-6 Expecting a little rain Saturday..

:D Carla, I think that we're all just GONNA come and live with you until it stops snowing on the east coast. Get the beds ready for us, and I love a big cuppa java when I awaken;)
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Come on down to paradise I make a great cup of Java.. :-6:-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Mustang

Post by Mustang »

I've been watching the news reports tonight about this storm heading your way. My area is only suppose to see 3-6 inches. They say another storm will be approaching the middle of next week again too.

It sure is a beautiful sight to see!

Stay safe and stock up on supplies. :)
Peg

Post by Peg »

6-12 inches expected here. It's supposed to start sometime tomorrow around 7 p.m., but most schools have a 2 hour early dismissal already. They trust the weather people more than I do. 6-12 inches is 6-12 too much!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

2 hour early dismissal, the kids were happy. It is snowing now. Expect 24-30 inches right now. :-3
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

chonsigirl;1288356 wrote: 2 hour early dismissal, the kids were happy. It is snowing now. Expect 24-30 inches right now. :-3

That's a lot of snow! Do you have the snowblower gassed up and ready to go?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Yup. nice and close at the bottom of the stairs. It will be running soon!:D
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

chonsigirl;1288379 wrote: Yup. nice and close at the bottom of the stairs. It will be running soon!:D

Glad to hear that! Too much snow to shovel by hand. Keep us updated, will you please? :)
Peg

Post by Peg »

The snow here is so wet and heavy, a snowblower wouldn't work.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Peg;1288418 wrote: The snow here is so wet and heavy, a snowblower wouldn't work.

Are you getting hit badly with this storm Peg? How much have you recieved so far?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Peg;1288418 wrote: The snow here is so wet and heavy, a snowblower wouldn't work.

Oh, I guess I will have to make the kids shovel it for me then. :D

*place your bets now, folks!*

And #2 daughter went off with her boyfriend to his parents house to ride out the storm......:rolleyes:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Snow totals from 8:42 from the Weather Channel.

8" Dulles (IAD)

4" Reagan National Airport (DCA)

5" Pittsburgh, PA

Wintry mix right now, 3 inches an hour expected all night long. I wanna go to sleep soon!
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1288431 wrote: Snow totals from 8:42 from the Weather Channel.

8" Dulles (IAD)

4" Reagan National Airport (DCA)

5" Pittsburgh, PA

Wintry mix right now, 3 inches an hour expected all night long. I wanna go to sleep soon!

just watched the news on this storm, Washington may get 2 feet.:eek:

you can still use the snow blower in wet snow, it just doesn't blow it that hard.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

23" this morning, snow drifts on front porch above the waist. (and I shovelled at 9 last night)

Well, I'm not going anyway today-or my son in his truck!

Attached files
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

WOW....you sure got blasted! I can see why you don't plan on going anywhere today.

We were lucky and got the tail end of your storm, woke up to only 4" of snow.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, that isn't so bad! It is still snowing, until about 10 pm. All they talk on the news is a record winter snowfall so far, waiting for the totals where to place this one. I think the record is 28", but I am not sure. It is just lots of snow!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Wow! That is some snow ! Nice pics Chonsi ! :-6 :D
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh Chonsi, your pictures are great. We have about 12" of snow right now and expect another 12."

It's blowing so hard that I can hardly open the front door as the winds are too strong....30mph. I'll try to go out the back door after I have a

pot of coffee. I need all my strength to open the door:wah:

I'll post the few pictures that I took awhile ago in the next post.

Stay safe everyone.

Edit: Gusty winds will be up to 40-50mph until 3 PM and snow should stop about 7 tonight.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Here's what my street looks like right now. I'll try to post more pics later or more likely tomorrow when the winds die down. I just missed a photo op....The tow truck fella had to stop wipe the snow off his front window by hand.

Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1288491 wrote: 23" this morning, snow drifts on front porch above the waist. (and I shovelled at 9 last night)

Well, I'm not going anyway today-or my son in his truck!

OMG!:yh_rotfl

his truck, omg!:yh_rotfl

I love your home Chonis its beautiful!:-6
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Wowzers, what a snowfall Kathy! Great pics!

How much snow is still coming your way?

They say at least 4' more by 3pm, then we shall see.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Chonsi,

I have a feeling that our classes will be going longer into June:(:-1 We already have to make up 3 days and another storm is heading our way this Wednesday.

I'd be surprised if we had school at all this week:-1

Wow girl...you have a lot of snow to clear. Can you hire someone to do it?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

chonsigirl;1288514 wrote: Wowzers, what a snowfall Kathy! Great pics!

How much snow is still coming your way?

They say at least 4' more by 3pm, then we shall see.

We should have another 12" before ending tonight. That should make it 2 feet. Southern NJ is getting hit the hardest in our State.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1288516 wrote: Chonsi,

I have a feeling that our classes will be going longer into June:(:-1 We already have to make up 3 days and another storm is heading our way this Wednesday.

I'd be surprised if we had school at all this week:-1

Wow girl...you have a lot of snow to clear. Can you hire someone to do it?

wow Kathy you really got dumped on!~

stunning pics!

Its really cool that you guys are taking pics for us all to see as we just havent had that in years!

Is there anyone that can help you with it all?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

We have 5 snow days left, they reported it on the news. We are the safest right now.

A big pile of snow fell of the roof, what a boom in the house! The snow against the sliding glass doors is up to the handle now, no emergency exit anymore. :(

Electricity is still on, I am worried this time, the lights have flickered off and on the last hour or so.

My son will help me with the cars this afternoon. They say to dig them out some, because of the freezing rain last night. It is layered, and not a good thing. I always keep an exit open because of my husband. (who fell out of his wheelchair last night-whether because he was excited like a child with the snow, or snitching too much sugared food when I wasn't looking, enough to make me nervous this time) So we will shovel and snow blow after lunch.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

chonsigirl;1288520 wrote: We have 5 snow days left, they reported it on the news. We are the safest right now.

A big pile of snow fell of the roof, what a boom in the house! The snow against the sliding glass doors is up to the handle now, no emergency exit anymore. :(

Electricity is still on, I am worried this time, the lights have flickered off and on the last hour or so.

My son will help me with the cars this afternoon. They say to dig them out some, because of the freezing rain last night. It is layered, and not a good thing. I always keep an exit open because of my husband. (who fell out of his wheelchair last night-whether because he was excited like a child with the snow, or snitching too much sugared food when I wasn't looking, enough to make me nervous this time) So we will shovel and snow blow after lunch.

Oh, I'm so glad hubby is ok Chonsi....sugar and freshly falling snow is a treat for everyone and certainly makes us hyper:wah:

I am also worried about losing my heat and electricity. So far things look good. I hope you don't lose yours.....:(
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

#2 son trasped out in the snow to go to his friends house, gosh, young people get bored staying inside. I'm happy as a lark, except for the shoveling. (wondering if that is why he left so fast) :rolleyes:

"Hey mom, 3-4 more inches on the porch" he calls out as he exits, stage left. :wah:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

chonsigirl;1288529 wrote: #2 son trasped out in the snow to go to his friends house, gosh, young people get bored staying inside. I'm happy as a lark, except for the shoveling. (wondering if that is why he left so fast) :rolleyes:

"Hey mom, 3-4 more inches on the porch" he calls out as he exits, stage left. :wah:

Aren't kids precious...."Ya gotta luv em.":wah:

When's your last day of school this June. Ours was June 16th and now it is June 21st plus whatever days we have off this week.

We originally ended the year early as we took off very few days. Many of our families work on the beach and boardwalk during the summer, and that's why we plan on an early June closing.
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1288520 wrote: We have 5 snow days left, they reported it on the news. We are the safest right now.

5 snow days left is awesome!

Oh for sure, get everything dug out today, even if it wasn't freezing rain, it would still freeze and become hard as a rock.

hope you don't loose power.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I have 4 young people living next door to me (They range from 19-21)....super nice people.

I told them during the last storm to park their cars in the driveway or on the central road not far away so they won't get a ticket. 2 of them parked on the street:confused:

Now, during the blizzard they are shoveling out their cars to move them. Their friend has on a sweater,leather jacket opened, no gloves or hat. And he only has a small brush to wipe off his car. :wah::wah: What are they thinking?:wah:

The snow plows are on the move and will ticket or even tow them the next time around:( They better hurry.....
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

June 18th is our last day.

I think they towed away the nurse's car yesterday, she called and couldn't come-I was already at school but my daughter was off. But oh poor her, they will charge her for the towing!:(
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

0.4" away from 28" and we get federal funding to help with the cleanup, 0.7" away to break the all time record snowstorm. That will beat the Knickerbocker storm of '22! (ah, the Laker fan in me had to say that) :wah:

Still is coming down medium, I guess Iwill tote out to get the cars and porch cleaned up in a few. My son came back, all wet and dampy of course. I had cleaned the bathroom and everything is in the dryer by now. Silly kids.
Odie

Post by Odie »

whenever we have a snowstorm, people are warned...get your cars off the street so they can plow.

can't blame them, there were so many times at the old house where cars were always parked on my street, car after car.....snow plough could not do it, so all of us suffered trying to get our cars out onto the narrow road.:-5

they just do not have time to tow cars here, not when our population is 3 million.

used to love watching them panic the next day trying to shovel out from all the snow on their cars from the ploughs!:yh_rotfl

most just don't care about others.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

View from my front porch.

Attached files
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

My car! I shoveled the stuff off, and no more than that! I'm not going anywhere!

Attached files
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

View down the street looking at the cars to be shoveled out....manana, or manana......

Attached files
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1288571 wrote: My car! I shoveled the stuff off, and no more than that! I'm not going anywhere!

oh my, I've never seen that much snow.:lips:
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1288572 wrote: View down the street looking at the cars to be shoveled out....manana, or manana......

good grief Chonsi, you really did get hit hard.:thinking:
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1288570 wrote: View from my front porch.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

omg..this is just to much!:lips:

yuppers...time for you to rest.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

:wah: Well, for us, we are waiting for the official news we broke the record for here. I will be snow blowing tomorrow, but it will probably be done by hand, it is wet snow.

I wonder how many snow days we will get? It is going to snow again on Tuesday.......:-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1288576 wrote: :wah: Well, for us, we are waiting for the official news we broke the record for here. I will be snow blowing tomorrow, but it will probably be done by hand, it is wet snow.

I wonder how many snow days we will get? It is going to snow again on Tuesday.......:-6

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

get your kids to do the shoveling.:sneaky:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, my son will tomorrow. Silly willy going out earlier. He can go out and help when I snow blow.

It is just keeping hubbie occupied, he thinks it is cool. Waiting for me to start cooking din-din soon.
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1288580 wrote: Oh, my son will tomorrow. Silly willy going out earlier. He can go out and help when I snow blow.

It is just keeping hubbie occupied, he thinks it is cool. Waiting for me to start cooking din-din soon.

oh I'm glad you have some help.

now you have dinner to do, to much!:yh_rotfl

Do you think your roads will be ploughed out by Monday?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Peg;1288249 wrote: 6-12 inches expected here. It's supposed to start sometime tomorrow around 7 p.m., but most schools have a 2 hour early dismissal already. They trust the weather people more than I do. 6-12 inches is 6-12 too much!

We've only had about 3-4 inches here in the southwest part of Ohio.

"Blizzard"!?!?!??!?

Were these people serious or is this an attempt at dry humor?

Return to “Weather Station”