Ex Cyclone Laurence

What's the weather like today?
mrsK

Ex Cyclone Laurence

Post by mrsK »

Check out this weather map.

This is what we are expecting tonight & for the next 3 days.

Rain,rain & more rain.

What a fantastic Christmas present if comes off like they are prediciting:D

We have been getting weather reports all morning of up to 200mm rain expected in our area & local flooding. Be great for our very dry river systems.

Here's hoping & fingers crossed for the farmers.:)

Attached files
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
AussiePam

Ex Cyclone Laurence

Post by AussiePam »

It's certainly blowing up for a mega storm here in Sydney, mrsK!! High winds, and humidity you could swim in.. ahhhhh...

I do hope the country areas get loads of much needed rain!! That would indeed be a great Christmas present.

... interrupted here... A girlfriend just raced by with a box of big plump fresh cherries... WOW.. Thanks Joc!..

Small hiatus now. It's Christmas Eve. I've finished preparations. Everyone's finished work. I'm hot and need to shower and change. Then it's 5:30 early Christmas kids's Mass. Dieter is going to be a shepherd, then ... we all eat drink and probably get merry, etc...

Have a good Christmas - and a happy and healthy 2010!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

mrsK

Ex Cyclone Laurence

Post by mrsK »

AussiePam;1275634 wrote: It's certainly blowing up for a mega storm here in Sydney, mrsK!! High winds, and humidity you could swim in.. ahhhhh...

I do hope the country areas get loads of much needed rain!! That would indeed be a great Christmas present.

... interrupted here... A girlfriend just raced by with a box of big plump fresh cherries... WOW.. Thanks Joc!..

Small hiatus now. It's Christmas Eve. I've finished preparations. Everyone's finished work. I'm hot and need to shower and change. Then it's 5:30 early Christmas kids's Mass. Dieter is going to be a shepherd, then ... we all eat drink and probably get merry, etc...

Have a good Christmas - and a happy and healthy 2010!

Have a lovely evening Pam.

I have been sampling chocolate coated cherries at our daughters home;)

Now I am going for a swim & will watch the clouds build.

May your 2010 be healthy , safe & filled with love.
fuzzywuzzy

Ex Cyclone Laurence

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Oh boy you're not wrong, it gave us a heat wave last night . 30 degrees at 4am in the morning. I hadn't checked the weather so it was a very unpleasant surprise. Thought I was going through night sweats at one stage. But the boys couldn't sleep either. Better now though it's past. Nice cool change here atthte moment. a very pleasant Christmas Ave. (albeit the rain)

Been cooking all afternoon and have the table set for tomorrow and the fridge is full to the brim:wah: Ice is in the freezer because nothing will be open tomorrow down here. was just able to close it :wah: Just watched shrek christmas movie witht he boys and now I'm sitting back drinking a cold one .
mrsK

Ex Cyclone Laurence

Post by mrsK »

Hope you have a great day with the boys.:-4

The dust has just hit here ..................once again:mad:

I can smell the rain,fingers crossed:-6
fuzzywuzzy

Ex Cyclone Laurence

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well it's nine thirty and I"m off to bed ....at least I'll sleep tonight.
Minx

Ex Cyclone Laurence

Post by Minx »

My how this little 'fellow' has travelled.

It started off up in my neck of the country as a Tropical Low and dumped 397mm in one day. I sat watching my newly planted seedling floating past the window :-2

For a few twitchy hours, it looked as if i was going to be getting my first Cyclone :thinking: Then, it went past Darwin and dithered for a day before deciding to head off and harass the Kimberly...friends in Broome were not impressed with the weather system...sort of ruined a planned wedding venue :-4

Next thing I knew, it was heading through the Pilbara and giving Uluru a good drenching

I do hope that the southern half of the country DID get some benefit from it

Return to “Weather Station”