Are we ready for a snowstorm?

What's the weather like today?
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Mags, It's hard to deal with the snow at the beach, especially if it's a nor'eastern. That's when we get hit hard. We have high winds here and ice. So, even if we don't have a big snowstorm, we'll have the winds and black ice...That's worse than snow

Isn't that funny ? Northerlies to us means extremely hot weather. After seeing those pics I'll settle for the flys. But I will come back to them when it gets stinken here, just to cool down. thanks!!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

fuzzywuzzy;1274998 wrote: Isn't that funny ? Northerlies to us means extremely hot weather. After seeing those pics I'll settle for the flys. But I will come back to them when it gets stinken here, just to cool down. thanks!!

We hate the nor'easterns along the coast as they bring tons of snow. We also hate the west winds as they bring the greenbottle flys, or blowflies. They bite the hell out of you. Locals know not to go to the beach when there's a west wind as you'll be eaten alive. The only ones who like the west winds are the surfers as the wind hightens the waves.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Chonsi,

Have you gotten a phone call yet...we haven't.:wah:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

No phone call-they never call, you have to watch the news or the school web site.
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1275200 wrote: No phone call-they never call, you have to watch the news or the school web site.

call the principal!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, she is mean. I wouldn't call her!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

chonsigirl;1275200 wrote: No phone call-they never call, you have to watch the news or the school web site.

Oh, that's a shame Chonsi. Our district has a computer system that calls all of the employees and parents. What if you don't have electricity or internet access. How would you know the school is closed?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

We just got our call Chonsi...school is closed tomorrow.

Hope you hear soon if your school is closed. You've had more snow and ice than we've had. Roads are still very dangerous here...very icy and not cleaned well by the local towns:( I couldn't even get on the beach yesterday:thinking:

We have no snow days built into our calendar, so we'll have to make up all the days in June and that's ok. It was nice to relax before the big holiday and get some stuff bought and wrapped. I'll celebrate the holidays with the kidlets in school when we return...promised them an ice cream party and pressies:-4
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, no snow days days in the calendar, that is sad. We have 5, and I bet 1 or 2 won't count because of road conditions. I am waiting to watch the TV if it is closed.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

2 hour delay, all the other districts are closed. :(

Oh well, I have a dentist appt. at 4 anyway........I bet hardly any kids come to school.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Looks like we are getting it tomorrow night. Blizzard warnings. Or the weather man owns a grocery store also. I reckon we will see.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I heard your area was the next big one, let us know how it goes. And put your snow shovels inside when not in use!
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

chonsigirl;1275310 wrote: I heard your area was the next big one, let us know how it goes. And put your snow shovels inside when not in use!
I read about your shovels, unbelievable. I would have tracked them down in the snow and beat them over the head with them.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

chonsigirl;1275295 wrote: 2 hour delay, all the other districts are closed. :(

Oh well, I have a dentist appt. at 4 anyway........I bet hardly any kids come to school.

Oh, bummer Chonsi. Be careful driving in:(

I prefer not having built-in snow days as we usually have 1& 1/2 hr. delay. If we don't use the days we still lose them.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, if we don't use them, we get some of them back. But we always have to pay them back, and they count them as hours not days now. So, a couple of two hour delays mean one day gone.

Yes YZGI, I thought of that, a quick smack on the head if I found my shovels. They didn't touch the neighbors who had theirs outside-but I'm glad they didn't take theirs too.
Odie

Post by Odie »

YZGI;1275307 wrote: Looks like we are getting it tomorrow night. Blizzard warnings. Or the weather man owns a grocery store also. I reckon we will see.

Its hitting here Christmas eve and day.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Odie;1275322 wrote: Its hitting here Christmas eve and day.
Hah!!! They just said on the radio that the winter storm warning has been canceled. I guess they sold enough bread and milk.:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

YZGI;1275323 wrote: Hah!!! They just said on the radio that the winter storm warning has been canceled. I guess they sold enough bread and milk.:yh_rotfl

I`m happy for you!:guitarist
mcnulty07

Post by mcnulty07 »

YZGI;1275323 wrote: Hah!!! They just said on the radio that the winter storm warning has been canceled. I guess they sold enough bread and milk.:yh_rotfl

Haha...would've been nice to have a white christmas though. Finally dug my car out of the snow last night up in northern va - took an hour!
Odie

Post by Odie »

mcnulty07;1275373 wrote: Haha...would've been nice to have a white christmas though. Finally dug my car out of the snow last night up in northern va - took an hour!

you got hit by that big one also, wow, we watched it on the news, what a mess!
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Odie;1275322 wrote: Its hitting here Christmas eve and day.

We're suppose to be getting a sleet storm those two days.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1275611 wrote: We're suppose to be getting a sleet storm those two days.

ours has now changed to rain around noon Christmas day and snow boxing day,

I heard your getting freezing rain, hope you can stay in and be safe.
cars

Post by cars »

We won't be having a "white Christmas" here tomorrow! ;)

As they are predicting for it to be "80", however, there's also a chance of a shower! :rolleyes:
Cars :)
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

They are predicting up to a foot of snow here, overnight.

My first "white Christmas" in many years. (Used to live in South Florida)
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I really dont see what the fuss is about. Its winter, its going to snow. I was out in it all day. 11" so far, more to come. It wasnt a crisis or anything. Its just soft pretty white snow.
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

A white Christmas, how lovely Nomad. :)

Rain today, it will melt alot of the snow here.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1275931 wrote: I really dont see what the fuss is about. Its winter, its going to snow. I was out in it all day. 11" so far, more to come. It wasnt a crisis or anything. Its just soft pretty white snow.

your right, its winter and its gonna snow!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

rain here today and tomorrow, yucky Christmas day!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I drove home along the Noo Joisey Parkway on Saturday. The day was a bit drizzly, but I thought the rain storm had passed......

No way did it pass. I drove right into it :thinking:. There were so many fast-moving cars driving along this wild and wet road. As the cars sped passed at 90mph they threw up tons of water which then turned into steam. You couldn't see the road. The parkway has a poor drainage system, and you can't even see where the lanes begin and end.

I kissed the ground when I finally got home. Geeze, I hate driving in bad weather.
cars

Post by cars »

Kathy Ellen;1276390 wrote: I drove home along the Noo Joisey Parkway on Saturday. The day was a bit drizzly, but I thought the rain storm had passed......

No way did it pass. I drove right into it :thinking:. There were so many fast-moving cars driving along this wild and wet road. As the cars sped passed at 90mph they threw up tons of water which then turned into steam. You couldn't see the road. The parkway has a poor drainage system, and you can't even see where the lanes begin and end.

I kissed the ground when I finally got home. Geeze, I hate driving in bad weather.
I feel for you KE, I know where you're coming from. I've driven on roads like that for 45 years in NE, going back & forth to work. It always amazed me why dufusses drive like that, they are just fatal accidents waiting to happen!!!
Cars :)

Return to “Weather Station”