Are we ready for a snowstorm?

What's the weather like today?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

There's a big whopper of a storm heading up the Eastern Seaboard of the USA tomorrow....Think in Noo Joisey we might get up to 14 inches.

Some of the States that will be affected are those along the Jersey, Delaware, Long Island and southern New England coastlines.

Meanwhile, the potential for a major dumping of snow measured in feet in some places is scary enough for parts of Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.

It's my brother's birthday tomorrow, and my family and I have tickets to see the play "South Pacific" in Manhattan and then eat at a French restaurant.

We've all decided to cancel our wonderful day in NY due to the storm and eat the cost of the play:( ~~~~~~sigh~~~~~~.

Is everyone along the coast ready for the storm?

Storm could dump a foot of snow in southern N.J. | New Jersey Real-Time News - - NJ.com

I'll take some pictures if the storm is wild...Who knows...It may head out to sea.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I took the snow blower out of the shed, just got home. It's supposed to start here in an hour or so, I will let you know Kathy.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

chonsigirl;1274050 wrote: I took the snow blower out of the shed, just got home. It's supposed to start here in an hour or so, I will let you know Kathy.

Good job Chonsi....We'll all be hit hard I think.....I have staples from the supermarket, warm clothes, boots, gloves and heavy coat....shovel, heavy broom and sand for the porch steps. Think I'm ready....

It's supposed to start here at 1 A.M.
Peg

Post by Peg »

Ours is supposed to start in 2 to 3 hours. The forecast keeps changing. Anywhere from 2-6 inches is expected but they are unsure in case the 2 systems shift.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Peg;1274054 wrote: Ours is supposed to start in 2 to 3 hours. The forecast keeps changing. Anywhere from 2-6 inches is expected but they are unsure in case the 2 systems shift.

Are you ready for the storm Peg?
Peg

Post by Peg »

As ready as I can ever be. I hate snow. :-1
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, they say 1-2 ft. here right noe, but we shall see. I didn't get to the store, am going out at 7 in the morning for what's left......:wah:
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Well it was beautiful here today in the high 70's...:-6:-6 I will think of you when your snowed in.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

:p I'll be there on the 29th, I can't wait for some warmth!:-6
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

It sure looks like a bad storm coming your way.

From southwest Virginia to southeast Pennsylvania and New Jersey, foot-plus snow accumulations are likely, including Roanoke, Charlottesville, Richmond, Washington, Baltimore, Dover, Wilmington, Philadelphia and Atlantic City.

The heaviest snow of the storm will bury the Washington, DC area with 1 to 2 feet.

National Weather Forecast - weather.com

A white Christmas for sure! :-6

Stay safe everyone and take it easy with the shoveling.

Got fresh batteries for the flashlights or candles ready, in case the power goes out?
Odie

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1274069 wrote: It sure looks like a bad storm coming your way.

National Weather Forecast - weather.com

A white Christmas for sure! :-6

Stay safe everyone and take it easy with the shoveling.

Got fresh batteries for the flashlights or candles ready, in case the power goes out?

wow, blizzard conditions as well!

its gonna be a doozy!

as Mustang says, stay safe!

I have a flashlight that is plugged into an outlet at all times.

plus I use my other huge one.

one year, I brought in my outside solar lights, they were amazing and lit up the entire house for 10 hours!
Life is just to short for drama.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

For once it's not my area getting a snow storm like this. Please all of you stay safe and warm. I have a commerial size generator and wood stoves for storms like this. Take care all and I hope the storm blows over for all of you. Keep us updated if you can as to how you are doing.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

My husband got up at 4 this morning to watch the snow!

It is pretty bad in DC/Baltimore corridor, blizzard conditions. Expect 14-24 inches by tomorrow morning. Roads are bad, went to the store at 7 and only fishtailed once.

Steady snow, 1-2 inches an hour right now, winds at 20-35 mph.

Next trip outside to shovel in a few hours, I will take pics to post.....................
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1274144 wrote: My husband got up at 4 this morning to watch the snow!

It is pretty bad in DC/Baltimore corridor, blizzard conditions. Expect 14-24 inches by tomorrow morning. Roads are bad, went to the store at 7 and only fishtailed once.

Steady snow, 1-2 inches an hour right now, winds at 20-35 mph.

Next trip outside to shovel in a few hours, I will take pics to post.....................

ahhhhhhhhh he must really like it.

2 feet is alot, you keep safe.

fishtailing is fun!:yh_rotfl

got your snow blower ready?:wah::wah:
Peg

Post by Peg »

We have about 2 inches with another 2-4 coming before it ends tonight. I swept off all 14 steps so it doesn't pile up. I hate this, but I see it could be way worse.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Peg;1274153 wrote: We have about 2 inches with another 2-4 coming before it ends tonight. I swept off all 14 steps so it doesn't pile up. I hate this, but I see it could be way worse.

That's still enough Peg!

I tried a broom last week, it just didn't do any good, so I had to buy just a little shovel!:yh_rotfl
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Odie;1274152 wrote: ahhhhhhhhh he must really like it.

2 feet is alot, you keep safe.

fishtailing is fun!:yh_rotfl

got your snow blower ready?:wah::wah:

Yes, my snow blower is ready. I ran home from school and brought it in from the shed. Haven't used it yet, just shoveled. I thought the exercise wouldn't hurt my none, I have another big board break in TKD on Tuesday night, and might as well get ready for it. :wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1274186 wrote: Yes, my snow blower is ready. I ran home from school and brought it in from the shed. Haven't used it yet, just shoveled. I thought the exercise wouldn't hurt my none, I have another big board break in TKD on Tuesday night, and might as well get ready for it. :wah:

your snow blower must be covered in snow now!:yh_rotfl

be careful shoveling when your not used to it, you`ll feel it later.

I can smell a hot bath and nice aromas!:yh_rotfl
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

:wah: I keep my snowblower in the spare room downstairs, it is nice and snug inside with us.

My daughter's work is closing at 12, I'm hoping the malls close next so she doesn't go to her second job later on.
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1274196 wrote: :wah: I keep my snowblower in the spare room downstairs, it is nice and snug inside with us.

My daughter's work is closing at 12, I'm hoping the malls close next so she doesn't go to her second job later on.

oh good, I thought it was outside.:yh_rotfl

mines in the garage, just used my new one two weeks ago, it was fun!:guitarist

hmmmmmmmm I doubt the malls will close, its their last weekend for sales for Christmas.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Good grief !!! here I was complaining it could get a bit fresh for christmas day and I may have to start the fire and then I come to this thread ...........I hope hte homeless have found shelter.:(
cars

Post by cars »

Kathy Ellen;1274045 wrote: There's a big whopper of a storm heading up the Eastern Seaboard of the USA tomorrow....Think in Noo Joisey we might get up to 14 inches.

Some of the States that will be affected are those along the Jersey, Delaware, Long Island and southern New England coastlines.

Meanwhile, the potential for a major dumping of snow measured in feet in some places is scary enough for parts of Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.

It's my brother's birthday tomorrow, and my family and I have tickets to see the play "South Pacific" in Manhattan and then eat at a French restaurant.

We've all decided to cancel our wonderful day in NY due to the storm and eat the cost of the play:( ~~~~~~sigh~~~~~~.

Is everyone along the coast ready for the storm?

Storm could dump a foot of snow in southern N.J. | New Jersey Real-Time News - - NJ.com

I'll take some pictures if the storm is wild...Who knows...It may head out to sea.
Sorry to hear that KE, but it's worth a try to see if the "playhouse itself" maybe had to cancel due the the storm. Hope so, then you won't loose out on the tickets in addition to all the mess you have to put up with!

Anyway, yes I'm all ready for the storm, I have the TV turned on, watching all the cancellations, & poor road contitions, while I'm here outside having lunch in the :-6!

(Sorry;))
Cars :)
Peg

Post by Peg »

cars;1274204 wrote: Sorry to hear that KE, but it's worth a try to see if the "playhouse itself" maybe had to cancel due the the strom. Hope so, then you won't loose out on the tickets in addition to all the mess you have to put up with!

Anyway, yes I'm all ready for the storm, I have the TV turned on, watching all the cancellations, & poor road contitions, while I'm here outside having lunch in the :-6!

(Sorry;))

Sorry? For rubbing it in? You should be mister! :-5 :yh_rotfl
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

My daughter got stuck 3 times getting home from job #1, no way she can get out again for tonight! The malls are still open!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

:).........

Attached files
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1274240 wrote: My daughter got stuck 3 times getting home from job #1, no way she can get out again for tonight! The malls are still open!

they have to stay open, its their last weekend.

ours are open until midnight, just to try and catch up and make a profit this year.

she`ll have to phone in sick.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Malls are closed now and tomorrow. Oh, they close them here.

I'm waiting to see if church is tomorrow, it would be alot of snow to shovel if I have to get out.
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1274278 wrote: Malls are closed now and tomorrow. Oh, they close them here.

I'm waiting to see if church is tomorrow, it would be alot of snow to shovel if I have to get out.

must be a bad storm then.

get that snow blower ready.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

*Update* Blizzard-like storm slams East, region snowed in.

Blizzard-like storm slams East, region snowed in - Yahoo! News
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

22" here, it broke the record for this time of year.

Luckily I shoveled all during it, we will shovel off and on during the day to get the cars out tomorrow morning.
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1274412 wrote: 22" here, it broke the record for this time of year.

Luckily I shoveled all during it, we will shovel off and on during the day to get the cars out tomorrow morning.

that's alot of snow!:-5:-5

Its now hitting the east coast of Canada.

Now were in for a huge storm Christmas Day!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, just passing the fun along, Odie........:-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1274479 wrote: Oh, just passing the fun along, Odie........:-6

glad I'm not driving Christmas Day!:wah:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Driveway is cleared, kids are done picking at each other-and frostbite on some of my little toes. They have thawed out some now, and phooey on anymore shoveling or going outside for me. (like an emergency stopped the kids from fighting, good grief! But the drifts were chest high, my daughter is smaller than me, it would have been past her head, I had to do it, until my son got out there) :p Husband is sitting with his dinner tray waiting for me to go upstairs and start cooking, Happy Anniversary to me! :wah:
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

chonsigirl;1274508 wrote: Driveway is cleared, kids are done picking at each other-and frostbite on some of my little toes. They have thawed out some now, and phooey on anymore shoveling or going outside for me. (like an emergency stopped the kids from fighting, good grief! But the drifts were chest high, my daughter is smaller than me, it would have been past her head, I had to do it, until my son got out there) :p Husband is sitting with his dinner tray waiting for me to go upstairs and start cooking, Happy Anniversary to me! :wah:

Happy Anniversary Chons:-4

The only storms we are getting are dust,dust,dust.

Stay safe everyone:-4
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Thank you MrsK! :-4

And no school tomorrow, they already called!

*doing the snow dance*
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1274508 wrote: Driveway is cleared, kids are done picking at each other-and frostbite on some of my little toes. They have thawed out some now, and phooey on anymore shoveling or going outside for me. (like an emergency stopped the kids from fighting, good grief! But the drifts were chest high, my daughter is smaller than me, it would have been past her head, I had to do it, until my son got out there) :p Husband is sitting with his dinner tray waiting for me to go upstairs and start cooking, Happy Anniversary to me! :wah:

oh my god, what a day!:wah:

Happy Anniversary!:-4

snow day, yeahhhhhhhhhhh!:yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh Chonsi, Happy anniversary to you and hubby:-4 I loved that he got up at 4 to watch the snow.:-6 Now, get going there girl and rustle up some grub:wah:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I haven't been able to log onto the internet since my op in this thread. I thought I had a problem with my router/and or modem. But nooooooo, it was that my internet explorer was corrupted. So, finally today, my teckie guy came to my home and fixed my desktop and took my laptop with him:-1. The poor, wee laptop died:-1

Well, we did get hit with a whopper....14" and blowing...Think the snow broke the door to my fence. I couldn't venture out today because I spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon trying to fix my computer. Finally called my teckie guy , and he said that he could come for a service call today. He was here for hours and hours...man, does he like to talk and lecture.

I was just getting dressed to go out and shovel out my car when lo and behold a man with a snow blower appears at my door...like manna from Heaven:D He and son cleaned my whole driveway, car, path to house,street and car all for $65. WOW,WOW,WOW....Someone else would have charged 3X that amount.

Here's some pictures of my area.......The buried, white car is my neighbors. and the others are of my street. Wasn't able to walk up to the beach. I'll try tomorrow.

Chonsi, I also have off tomorrow...woooooohooooo:p

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh boy, snow day for you too! :)
cars

Post by cars »

When you're retired, "every day" is a snow day!!! :D

Is it just me, or does KE's second pic from the end look a little errotic?:p:-2;)
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

cars;1274737 wrote: When you're retired, "every day" is a snow day!!! :D

Is it just me, or is KE's second pic from the end look a little errotic?:p:-2;)

:wah::wah: Funny things happen on "Snow Days.":p:D
cars

Post by cars »

Kathy Ellen;1274766 wrote: :wah::wah: Funny things happen on "Snow Days.":p:D
:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
minks

Post by minks »

Keep safe gang. That is a heck of a lot of snow. Make sure when you venture out you have your winter boots on or in your car, extra mitts hats and blankets, some kitty litter, a shovel and some snacks and candles and matches and ensure your cell phones are fully charged.

Please drive with care and keep warm.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Snow day for tomorrow, school is already called off! :)
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

[QUOTE=Kathy Ellen;1274644]I haven't been able to log onto the internet since my op in this thread. I thought I had a problem with my router/and or modem. But nooooooo, it was that my internet explorer was corrupted. So, finally today, my teckie guy came to my home and fixed my desktop and took my laptop with him:-1. The poor, wee laptop died:-1

Well, we did get hit with a whopper....14" and blowing...Think the snow broke the door to my fence. I couldn't venture out today because I spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon trying to fix my computer. Finally called my teckie guy , and he said that he could come for a service call today. He was here for hours and hours...man, does he like to talk and lecture.

I was just getting dressed to go out and shovel out my car when lo and behold a man with a snow blower appears at my door...like manna from Heaven:D He and son cleaned my whole driveway, car, path to house,street and car all for $65. WOW,WOW,WOW....Someone else would have charged 3X that amount.

Here's some pictures of my area.......The buried, white car is my neighbors. and the others are of my street. Wasn't able to walk up to the beach. I'll try tomorrow.

OH My GOd How do you guys live like that?

typical Cars...just typical LOL
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1274913 wrote: Snow day for tomorrow, school is already called off! :)

our schools close down this week and next for Christmas.

you might as well tell them you'll see them next year!:wah:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I know, but I bet they make us go in on Wednesday!
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1274965 wrote: I know, but I bet they make us go in on Wednesday!

of course they will!:-5:-5
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

chonsigirl;1274965 wrote: I know, but I bet they make us go in on Wednesday!

Wooohooo Chonsi,

Just got a call and our school district is also closed for tomorrow. Our last day before our "Winter Holiday" is Wednesday, and I'd be surprised if we'd open. Then again, you never know.

Mags, It's hard to deal with the snow at the beach, especially if it's a nor'eastern. That's when we get hit hard. We have high winds here and ice. So, even if we don't have a big snowstorm, we'll have the winds and black ice...That's worse than snow:(

Chonsi was hit a lot harder than we were, and we had 14". Philly was also hit harder than us as it's on the snow line.

Of course, we have to make up any days that we've missed in June. But, I don't care. It's nice to know we have another day off.

I did try to do a little holiday shopping today, but it was awful. I'm really ashamed of my township for not cleaning the roads as best as they should have. You could not even drive down many streets as you were on a sheet of ice. You could hardly cross the bridge to the mainland as it was a sheet of ice and only one car could fit through the lanes.

This is the 1st year that my township has done such a rotten job with the snow cleanup. I don't know what happened but will find out. I tried to gain access to the beach to take some pictures, and there was not one area that you could at least get over the 'sand dune' piles of snow. You'd sink down about 3 feet as you tried to cross over the area to get to the beach. Something must have happened:confused:

btw.....our district is closed because we have 17 schools that need to be shoveled out and checked for problems, almost 17,000 students who walk, drive or take the bus. Many of our schools have more than 3 parking lots that need to be shoveled. Plus, the busses have to be shoveled out and running correctly. That's why we have had off for 2 days.

Return to “Weather Station”