It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

What's the weather like today?
User avatar
Tombstone
Posts: 3686
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:00 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Tombstone »

but now we are back to normal. It was a sweaty and hot 42 degrees this morning! Little bit of rain - and a lot of clouds.

Quite the change from a couple of days ago when we woke up to 8 degree weather.

How's it there today?



I attached a little iphone video taken this morning on the way to town.

Attached files 007.MOV (1.3 MB) 
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
User avatar
kazalala
Posts: 13036
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:00 am

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by kazalala »

Oh i was just gonna ask ,, how do you do that! i have video's on my phone i would ike to put on here!!!! but then it wont play as a movie for me just shows as a picture:-5:wah:

Anyway its horrid here,,, not that cold really but grey and rainy:thinking:




FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Odie »

I need that in Celsius!:-5:-5:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl



damn Canadians, why did they change us back and forth?:-5:-5



not good for this dogs thinking!:wah::wah:



cold, windy and a high of 5C!

I have nooooo idea what that is in Fahrenheit!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl










are you ready for Halloween boss?:sneaky::lips::yh_rotfl



nice pic!
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15917
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Odie;1252226 wrote: I need that in Celsius!:-5:-5:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

damn Canadians, why did they change us back and forth?:-5:-5

not good for this dogs thinking!:wah::wah:

cold, windy and a high of 5C!

I have nooooo idea what that is in Fahrenheit!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl




are you ready for Halloween boss?:sneaky::lips::yh_rotfl

nice pic!


Your 5C is Tombstone's 42F and Tombstone's 8 degree weather would be -14C to you.
User avatar
Tombstone
Posts: 3686
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:00 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Tombstone »

kazalala;1252217 wrote: Oh i was just gonna ask ,, how do you do that! i have video's on my phone i would ike to put on here!!!! but then it wont play as a movie for me just shows as a picture:-5:wah:

Anyway its horrid here,,, not that cold really but grey and rainy:thinking:


Not sure what kind of phone you have...but if you can get it on your computer - you can upload it.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
User avatar
Tombstone
Posts: 3686
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:00 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Tombstone »

Bryn Mawr;1252245 wrote: Your 5C is Tombstone's 42F and Tombstone's 8 degree weather would be -14C to you.


Why, thank you!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
User avatar
kazalala
Posts: 13036
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:00 am

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by kazalala »

Tombstone;1252265 wrote: Not sure what kind of phone you have...but if you can get it on your computer - you can upload it.


Omg i have to try that! ,,,, i couldnt watch your one though:-3




FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Odie »

Bryn Mawr;1252245 wrote: Your 5C is Tombstone's 42F and Tombstone's 8 degree weather would be -14C to you.


Thank you Tombstone, so ours is the same today, nasty cold!

brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!:(
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Tombstone
Posts: 3686
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:00 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Tombstone »

I just went outside and was pleasantly surprised, it is sunny!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
User avatar
cars
Posts: 10751
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:00 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by cars »

This is kinda BRRRR cold as well! Too cold for me!

:wah:

Attached files
Cars :)
User avatar
CARLA
Posts: 13033
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:00 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by CARLA »

Don't you just love your IPHONE I was watching a movie yesterday on mine while waiting to see the Doctor. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15917
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Tombstone;1252266 wrote: Why, thank you!


I usually try to enlighten - I sometimes manage to inform :wah:

Good to see you posting and relaxing in the Garden :-6
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Odie »

Tombstone;1252276 wrote: I just went outside and was pleasantly surprised, it is sunny!


rats!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

great to have you back posting!:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by minks »

Yep been cold here it has snowed twice this week so all together we had about 1.5 inches of snow.

It got down to -16 C sunday our coldest day of the cold snap.

This weekend we are supposed to see +17 C.

yay
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15917
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

minks;1252289 wrote: Yep been cold here it has snowed twice this week so all together we had about 1.5 inches of snow.

It got down to -16 C sunday our coldest day of the cold snap.

This weekend we are supposed to see +17 C.

yay


That's one helluva swing in one week - how do you cope?
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Odie »

minks;1252289 wrote: Yep been cold here it has snowed twice this week so all together we had about 1.5 inches of snow.

It got down to -16 C sunday our coldest day of the cold snap.

This weekend we are supposed to see +17 C.

yay


that's normal for Calgary, right Minks?



..but its just to cold and snowy for me.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by minks »

Bryn Mawr;1252294 wrote: That's one helluva swing in one week - how do you cope?


we have a wide assortment of jackets and boots in the trunk of our cars ahahaha

Yes it is a huge swing isn't it. And I have to say we don't cope very well. It is a kind of running joke, you can tell a true Calgarian from those who have moved here from other places.... we Calgarians bitch and moan the loudest about our weather.

As a scientific fact we have these winds that come off the west coast up over the mountains and swirl down upon us. When the winds blow they bring warmth in the winter and that causes the instability in our weather. Without them we would have constantly cold winter. I have experienced about 20 degree temperature changes within 24 hours. The winds can occasionally take us from about -10C up to +10C in as little as 24 hours. We can vary in temperature as much as 30 degrees in a span of 30 days as well. The winds are called "Chinooks" and if you translate they are called snow eaters.

I believe Denver Colorado, and Munich Germany have similar ones.

The worst is they play hades with some peoples heads as the Barametric Pressure changes drastically during these times causing nasty migranes.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15917
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

minks;1252302 wrote: we have a wide assortment of jackets and boots in the trunk of our cars ahahaha

Yes it is a huge swing isn't it. And I have to say we don't cope very well. It is a kind of running joke, you can tell a true Calgarian from those who have moved here from other places.... we Calgarians bitch and moan the loudest about our weather.

As a scientific fact we have these winds that come off the west coast up over the mountains and swirl down upon us. When the winds blow they bring warmth in the winter and that causes the instability in our weather. Without them we would have constantly cold winter. I have experienced about 20 degree temperature changes within 24 hours. The winds can occasionally take us from about -10C up to +10C in as little as 24 hours. We can vary in temperature as much as 30 degrees in a span of 30 days as well. The winds are called "Chinooks" and if you translate they are called snow eaters.

I believe Denver Colorado, and Munich Germany have similar ones.

The worst is they play hades with some peoples heads as the Barametric Pressure changes drastically during these times causing nasty migranes.


Remind me not to come visiting in winter - tooo risky.

Can't even wrap up warm and stay indoors without your ears going pop.
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by minks »

Bryn Mawr;1252310 wrote: Remind me not to come visiting in winter - tooo risky.

Can't even wrap up warm and stay indoors without your ears going pop.


Yes Odie it's normal for us.

Yes Bryn never come here in the winter unless you ski, however if it is chinook weather forget it the snow all melts.....
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
kazalala
Posts: 13036
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:00 am

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by kazalala »

oh!!!:-5 i did manage to upload a video from my phone on to my computer ,, and i can play it on my computer,,, but it wont upload here .. says invalid file. Its saying when i hover over it,, 3GPP Movie:-3




FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
qsducks
Posts: 29018
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by qsducks »

Freezing, rainy, raw, cold, damp weather for the next week here.:thinking:
Mustang
Posts: 23031
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:39 am

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Mustang »

Tombstone;1252208 wrote: but now we are back to normal. It was a sweaty and hot 42 degrees this morning! Little bit of rain - and a lot of clouds.

Quite the change from a couple of days ago when we woke up to 8 degree weather.

How's it there today?


I thought you would have been buried in snow by now TS.

We have a winter storm warning in effect until 8am Saturday morning! Went right into winter this morning. 26ºF (-3C) and sleet all day long.

Salt trucks salting most of the day because the roads were icy. The ground is white and tree branches are hanging from the weight of the sleet on the leaves. They forecast tree damage and power outages if the sleet continues.

It looks more like Christmas then Halloween. :D
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Nomad »

Hi Mr. Stone.

Usually what you get in Utah we get in Minnesota 2 or 3 days later. Had some snow, didnt stick, then rain wanting to become snow but it didnt have the where with all. Im understanding 60 and sun for the weekend. Thats motorcycle weather, one last ride. Our families should get together for Thanksgiving.

Your place or mine?
I AM AWESOME MAN
User avatar
cars
Posts: 10751
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:00 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by cars »

We had our first "snowfall" of the season yesterday!!! (It was "30" degrees) It's way too early for snow here, I hate it, what's up with that? It snowed all day long, & stuck on the grass, back deck, bbq that we just used the day before, but luckily not on the roads yet. What a difference a day makes, "24 little hours"! :wah: It was "29" degrees & still snowing this morning, with a "snow storm" predicted for Saturday!

(Looks like time to go South came early this year! But we're still here in it for now!)
Cars :)
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1252680 wrote: Hi Mr. Stone.

Usually what you get in Utah we get in Minnesota 2 or 3 days later. Had some snow, didnt stick, then rain wanting to become snow but it didnt have the where with all. Im understanding 60 and sun for the weekend. Thats motorcycle weather, one last ride. Our families should get together for Thanksgiving.

Your place or mine?


:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Odie »

cars;1252685 wrote: We had our first "snowfall" of the season yesterday!!! (It was "30" degrees) It's way too early for snow here, I hate it, what's up with that? It snowed all day long, & stuck on the grass, back deck, bbq that we just used the day before, but luckily not on the roads yet. What a difference a day makes, "24 little hours"! :wah: It was "29" degrees & still snowing this morning, with a "snow storm" predicted for Saturday!

(Looks like time to go South came early this year! But we're still here in it for now!)


ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no!:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by minks »

Odie;1252767 wrote: ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no!:-5


Sorry Cars, we grew tired of that crap and sent it to you. Rest assured it will get better we are expecting 17C tomorrow on the plus side if you convert that it is 64F
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
cars
Posts: 10751
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:00 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by cars »

minks;1252775 wrote: Sorry Cars, we grew tired of that crap and sent it to you. Rest assured it will get better we are expecting 17C tomorrow on the plus side if you convert that it is 64F
Thanks, but no thanks! When I was younger, the family & I would frolic in the SNOW for hours on end. But now that I'm older, & the family grown, I really don't much care for SNOW & brrrrr cold any longer! :wah:

But I will gladly take the 64 degree weather as soon as you can spare it!!! :D
Cars :)
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by minks »

cars;1252785 wrote: Thanks, but no thanks! When I was younger, the family & I would frolic in the SNOW for hours on end. But now that I'm older, & the family grown, I really don't much care for SNOW & brrrrr cold any longer! :wah:

But I will gladly take the 64 degree weather as soon as you can spare it!!! :D


Ditto I used to love it as a kid, loved it with my kids, but not sure I can love it with the grandkids. I wanna head back to the Mediterranian thanks hehehehe (i dunno if I spelled that right)

Ok we will be sure to get it sent your way.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Nomad »

Originally Posted by Nomad

Hi Mr. Stone.

Our families should get together for Thanksgiving.

Your place or mine?



Odie;1252766 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl


Havent heard from him yet. Maybe hes checking with the wife.
I AM AWESOME MAN
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1253258 wrote: Originally Posted by Nomad

Hi Mr. Stone.

Our families should get together for Thanksgiving.

Your place or mine?





Haven't heard from him yet. Maybe hes checking with the wife.


yeah, that's it.
Life is just to short for drama.
cubsouspi
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:10 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by cubsouspi »

Odie;1253281 wrote: yeah, that's it.


Very cool, looking great so far. Keep going, I wanna see it finished! :thinking:
Silverplanter
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:29 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Silverplanter »

I am amazed about the mutability of the weather here lol. I live in NYC and just Friday it was absolutely frigid, today it hit darned near 70 lol.
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Odie »

cubsouspi;1255180 wrote: very cool, looking great so far. Keep going, i wanna see it finished! :thinking:



:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
b0z0
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:19 am

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by b0z0 »

It's very nice here in TX
User avatar
Jazzy
Posts: 2962
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:17 am

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Jazzy »

It's sunny here today but very cold at only 30 degrees. :(
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

It was BRRRR! cold a couple of days ago...

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1267053 wrote: It's sunny here today but very cold at only 30 degrees. :(


you sent that up here to me didn't you?:sneaky:
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Weather Station”