Come On Boy... Fight

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Come On Boy... Fight

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Denman on mend after life-threatening infection - Telegraph

I've seen hundreds of racehorses In my time, If not thousands. Yet, I could name only 20 or so that I would travel the length and bredth of the country to get a glimpse of In the pre-parade ring.

I'm not going to go Into reams of why's and wherefore's but although Kauto Star has a very special place with me, this boy has rocked my world In recent years.

He's apparently a dark horse, prone to mood swings. Yet, he's adored by the nation and has his own fan page as does Kauts. The highlight of my week once when he blew horse snot all over me at Newbury.

This Is not the way we want him to leave his fans so you fight you bugger, just like you did the day you made history.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Come On Boy... Fight

One of the best days of my life...

Cheltenham totesport Gold Cup 2008 - YouTube
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Come On Boy... Fight

Denman Tribute.mov - YouTube
Oscar Namechange

Come On Boy... Fight

The very moment In time Denman blew horse snot all over me....

Denman enters the pre parade ring Newbury Hennessy 2010 - YouTube

I suppose all we can do now Is wait.
Oscar Namechange

Come On Boy... Fight

Owner Paul Barber has revealed Cheltenham Gold Cup hero Denman has spent the last five months in a veterinary hospital fighting for his life after contracting a potentially fatal infection.

The Paul Nicholls-trained gelding beat stable companion Kauto Star in one of the most highly anticipated Cheltenham Gold Cups in history in 2008 and was then runner-up to his great rival 12 months later.

He was also second in the following two runnings of the blue riband event before being retired late in 2011 after suffering a tendon injury.

The 13-year-old had been enjoying his retirement at Charlotte Alexander's yard near Cheltenham, where he has been a team chaser and hunter, until being struck down by illness earlier this year.

While Barber admits it was "touch and go" for the horse affectionately known as 'Tank' during his racing days, he now hopes his pride and joy is over the worst. "He's not been particularly well and I've had him in Newmarket Veterinary Centre for five months," said Barber. "He's now come back to Charlotte, I saw him the other day and he is making headway.

Barber tells of Denman's fight for life | Herald Scotland

Return to “Sports”