2012 Olympic games

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
flopstock

2012 Olympic games

Post by flopstock »

I'm watching, although I missed the queens jump at the opening ceremonies.

They sure have come a ways from the stick up your butt family they presented at the time of Diana's death.

But back to the games.... I think the men's swim team is in very fine form
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Bryn Mawr

2012 Olympic games

Post by Bryn Mawr »

flopstock;1399537 wrote: I'm watching, although I missed the queens jump at the opening ceremonies.

They sure have come a ways from the stick up your butt family they presented at the time of Diana's death.

But back to the games.... I think the men's swim team is in very fine form

Speedos and all? :wah:
flopstock

2012 Olympic games

Post by flopstock »

Did you folks get robbed of your silver in men's gymnastics last night? I couldn't watch after I heard our guys blew it.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

theia

2012 Olympic games

Post by theia »

flopstock;1399559 wrote: Did you folks get robbed of your silver in men's gymnastics last night? I couldn't watch after I heard our guys blew it.

Bronze, I think, though it was silver initially.

Just watched the men's rowing...for someone who isn't really interested in sport, I was on the edge of my seat, clapping, cheering at the screen...our team did so well...bronze again but it was nearly gold at one point.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
YZGI

2012 Olympic games

Post by YZGI »

Great night last night. Women gymnastics had a great win and Phelps became most decorated Olympian ever. Fun to watch.
AnneBoleyn

2012 Olympic games

Post by AnneBoleyn »

YZGI;1399562 wrote: Great night last night. Women gymnastics had a great win and Phelps became most decorated Olympian ever. Fun to watch.
:yh_clap

Great night is right! The girls were so graceful, so fabulous, I really enjoyed last night.
flopstock

2012 Olympic games

Post by flopstock »

It's kind of irritating listening to the announcers and reading stories about athletes "having to settle" for a silver or bronze.

#1 I don't think any athlete there settles for anything

#2 If announcers and reporters can't appreciate the achievement in a silver or bronze, they should not be reporting sports.

I think the Chinese swimmer that broke a record by several seconds was denied her moment in the sun because of speculation. I say shame on the press. If she was doping, it will test out and if she wasn't, she can never get the moment of glory back now.

I was especially irritated at the NBC attack on a soccer player because she dared to criticize the coverage.

AnneBoleyn

2012 Olympic games

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Well said flopstock.
Bez

2012 Olympic games

Post by Bez »

flopstock;1399568 wrote: It's kind of irritating listening to the announcers and reading stories about athletes "having to settle" for a silver or bronze.

#1 I don't think any athlete there settles for anything

#2 If announcers and reporters can't appreciate the achievement in a silver or bronze, they should not be reporting sports.

I think the Chinese swimmer that broke a record by several seconds was denied her moment in the sun because of speculation. I say shame on the press. If she was doping, it will test out and if she wasn't, she can never get the moment of glory back now.

I was especially irritated at the NBC attack on a soccer player because she dared to criticize the coverage.

I am just loving EVERYTHING !

1st athletic event starting ..... Go Jess in the heptathlon.

Congratulations to the medal winners AND those that come close. I feel their disappointment but in my eyes EVERY competitor is a true acheiver.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
chonsigirl

2012 Olympic games

Post by chonsigirl »

It is fun to watching all the events. I really do enjoy the live coverage, it must be off the BBC. They are great announcers, better than the replays on later on in the night.
Accountable

2012 Olympic games

Post by Accountable »

They're posting some events on Youtube:

:wah:
Bruv

2012 Olympic games

Post by Bruv »

Im in luv with Jessica Ennis
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

2012 Olympic games

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bruv;1399690 wrote: Im in luv with Jessica Ennis Been watching her.... bless, she was absolutely brilliant.... what a night ???/ That ginger geezer as well.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

2012 Olympic games

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1399693 wrote: Been watching her.... bless, she was absolutely brilliant.... what a night ???/ That ginger geezer as well.
And Mo and his daughter that was almost as big as him ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
flopstock

2012 Olympic games

Post by flopstock »

I loved watching mo run today. He seemed so surprised that he was about to win. It was awesome to watch.

flopstock

2012 Olympic games

Post by flopstock »

what do great britian fans cheer for their athletes? we yell U S A, but I could only come up with MUR RAY while I was watching that awesome match this morning.

Oscar Namechange

2012 Olympic games

Post by Oscar Namechange »

flopstock;1399727 wrote: what do great britian fans cheer for their athletes? we yell U S A, but I could only come up with MUR RAY while I was watching that awesome match this morning.

As the games are held In London, the loudest shouts come from the Metropolitan Police shouting ' Return Fire' every time a starting pistol Is fired.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “Sports”