Goodbye Kauto Star

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Kauto Star Is to be retired at the age of 12 years.

The greatest National Hunt Chaser of our era will now enjoy a celebrity style lifestyle putting In guest appearances around the country.

There are rumours of a statue being erected In his honour at Kempton Park.

I shall miss him although there are young pretenders on the scene looking to take his crown such as Sir Alex Ferguson's 'What A Friend' and 'Grand Crus'.

However, his stable mate and greatest rival Denman Is to race on. I saw him In November where he came third In the Hennessy under handicap weight again and he ran magnificently as he did when he came second In the Gold Cup at Cheltenham this March.

Although I may have to accept that Kauto Star's age has crept up on him, I refuse to rule out 'The Tank' Denman and have already taken 14/1 for next years Gold Cup.

‪Kauto Star - one in a million!‬‏ - YouTube

There are many worthy tributes to Kauto on the web but the photography In these my favourites.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Odie »

oscar;1363846 wrote: Kauto Star Is to be retired at the age of 12 years.

The greatest National Hunt Chaser of our era will now enjoy a celebrity style lifestyle putting In guest appearances around the country.

There are rumours of a statue being erected In his honour at Kempton Park.

I shall miss him although there are young pretenders on the scene looking to take his crown such as Sir Alex Ferguson's 'What A Friend' and 'Grand Crus'.

However, his stable mate and greatest rival Denman Is to race on. I saw him In November where he came third In the Hennessy under handicap weight again and he ran magnificently as he did when he came second In the Gold Cup at Cheltenham this March.

Although I may have to accept that Kauto Star's age has crept up on him, I refuse to rule out 'The Tank' Denman and have already taken 14/1 for next years Gold Cup.

‪Kauto Star - one in a million!‬‏ - YouTube

There are many worthy tributes to Kauto on the web but the photography In these my favourites.

‪Kauto Star & Denman :|| What Legends Are Made Of‬‏ - YouTube

His age has creeped up, so it's time for him to rest. I know just how much you loved and worshiped him, but now it's Deman's turn to shine his light on everyone.

It must have been a special day when you saw Deman and your odds for him are looking up.
Life is just to short for drama.
Bryn Mawr

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Shame he's not up for the stud market - that would have been worth more than all his winnings put together.
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

Odie;1363862 wrote: His age has creeped up, so it's time for him to rest. I know just how much you loved and worshiped him, but now it's Deman's turn to shine his light on everyone.

It must have been a special day when you saw Deman and your odds for him are looking up. Sorry but It Is not Denman's turn to shine.... he has already shone.

Denman Is younger to Kauto by a mere 26 days as they are both 12 years old.

Denman has also made history and Is also a Gold Cup winner. The decision to race Denman on for another year and not Kauto Is testament to their trainer Paul Nicholls knowing his horses Inside out and knowing when to say, enough.

If we are lucky, we will get one more Hennessy In November and one more Cheltenham Gold Cup out of Denman, then like Kauto, he will go down In history as the one they called 'The Tank'.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

Bryn Mawr;1363863 wrote: Shame he's not up for the stud market - that would have been worth more than all his winnings put together. Gosh Yes, present winnings to date are just under £3 million plus an enormous amount of memorabelia sold on the net every day.
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

Odie

‪Denman - Before he was famous‬‏ - YouTube
Odie

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Odie »

oscar;1363866 wrote: Sorry but It Is not Denman's turn to shine.... he has already shone.

Denman Is younger to Kauto by a mere 26 days as they are both 12 years old.

Denman has also made history and Is also a Gold Cup winner. The decision to race Denman on for another year and not Kauto Is testament to their trainer Paul Nicholls knowing his horses Inside out and knowing when to say, enough.

If we are lucky, we will get one more Hennessy In November and one more Cheltenham Gold Cup out of Denman, then like Kauto, he will go down In history as the one they called 'The Tank'.

I guess I misunderstood your post on Denman.....I'm sorry!

let's hope he gets his one last chance in November.
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

Odie;1363911 wrote: I guess I misunderstood your post on Denman.....I'm sorry!

let's hope he gets his one last chance in November.

Here Is a bizzarre situation for you.... This film appeared on You Tube just after the Hennessy Gold Cup last year. The woman filming Denman was standing In between myself and my husband. To the left at the beginning of the footage, you can see my husbands hands pointing the camera at Denman.

An odd situation to find yourself In I must say, being filmed filming Denman by a woman filming Denman....

‪Denman enters the pre parade ring Newbury Hennessy 2010‬‏ - YouTube
Odie

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Odie »

oscar;1363927 wrote: Here Is a bizzarre situation for you.... This film appeared on You Tube just after the Hennessy Gold Cup last year. The woman filming Denman was standing In between myself and my husband. To the left at the beginning of the footage, you can see my husbands hands pointing the camera at Denman.

An odd situation to find yourself In I must say, being filmed filming Denman by a woman filming Denman....

‪Denman enters the pre parade ring Newbury Hennessy 2010‬‏ - YouTube

I watched it twice and can't see him as the horses go by so quickly, but that is bizarre!
G#Gill

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by G#Gill »

I'm so relieved that Kauto is being retired now. He's had a super run and given so many people so much joy, it would be tragic if he was pushed on till he collapsed or something.

He has earned his retirement bless his heart ! What an act to follow !:) Such a pity he is a gelding as Bryn Mawr said - what money could have been made ! Perhaps you could tell me why so many of these race horses are geldings and not left as entire - I really could never understand why somebody would jeopardise potential money-making, but I suppose there must be a reason for it. :yh_think:yh_questn

By the way, I saw Peter's gloved hands holding the camera, looked as if he was getting a shot of Kauto, following a short way behind Denman ! Denman with the red blanket on and Kauto with the green one? :yh_wink :yh_giggle
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

G#Gill;1363943 wrote: I'm so relieved that Kauto is being retired now. He's had a super run and given so many people so much joy, it would be tragic if he was pushed on till he collapsed or something.

He has earned his retirement bless his heart ! What an act to follow !:) Such a pity he is a gelding as Bryn Mawr said - what money could have been made ! Perhaps you could tell me why so many of these race horses are geldings and not left as entire - I really could never understand why somebody would jeopardise potential money-making, but I suppose there must be a reason for it. :yh_think:yh_questn

By the way, I saw Peter's gloved hands holding the camera, looked as if he was getting a shot of Kauto, following a short way behind Denman ! Denman with the red blanket on and Kauto with the green one? :yh_wink :yh_giggle

Gill :-4 Fancy seeing you here. :wah:

As I said In the previous post, It's testament to trainer Paul Nicholls and knowing them both so well that he has decided to retire one and not the other although Kauts ran an astonishing race In this years Gold Cup.... brave to the last.

Denman Is just another breed of horse entirely and from what I saw last year, still has another year In him. I will always remember seeing him In the pre-paddock scarred from his road traffic accident, coming back from a near fatal fall, a heart murmur and surgery on his windpipe just to go on to demolish the field.

Race-horses tend to be a different breed to other horses and In main, highly strung. Gelding quietens them down and makes them generally more agreeable to work with. TBH, I don't like being around my brothers who have not been gelded as they are so unpredictable. Castration tends to eliminate hormonally driven behaviour although Denman still has mood swings. Gelding stops race-horses calling out to others, makes them easier to work In groups and stops them fighting.

In that video clip, Mr O was not filming Kauts. Kauts did not run In the Hennessy so he recalls filming Denman and then 'Barbers Shop' The Queens horse and 'Niche Market' the Irish Grand National winner. You saw my lovely pics he took of all the horses parading.
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

If we have to say goodbye to both Kauto and Denman, then they will be remembered for these. Both made history on those days and I was so lucky to be at Newbury and Kempton Park to see both.

The 2009 Hennessy Gold Cup where despite being the favourite, they all said he'd never do It and could not do It. Under his saddle were lead weights. Handicapped to the max to weigh him down, he was carrying almost 4 stone heavier than the rest of the field. In the 19 runners, there were Grand National winners, Irish Grand National winners, Irish Challengers and Gold Cup winners. This race was truly what set Denman apart from the rest of our era.

‪Denman - Hennessy Gold Cup 2009 (Copyright Channel 4)‬‏ - YouTube

The commentator remarked that as Denman took the water, It was ' A crowd pleaser' and was It ever. The roar from the crowd was Incredible.

The 2009 King George 6th Stakes... The pundits were convinced the up and coming 'Imperial Commander' would take Kauto's crown.

‪King George VI Chase 2009‬‏ - YouTube

These for anyone unfamiliar to National Hunt Horse-racing are the definative evidence of why this country will not see the likes again In our generation.
G#Gill

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1363967 wrote: Gill :-4 Fancy seeing you here. :wah:

As I said In the previous post, It's testament to trainer Paul Nicholls and knowing them both so well that he has decided to retire one and not the other although Kauts ran an astonishing race In this years Gold Cup.... brave to the last.

Denman Is just another breed of horse entirely and from what I saw last year, still has another year In him. I will always remember seeing him In the pre-paddock scarred from his road traffic accident, coming back from a near fatal fall, a heart murmur and surgery on his windpipe just to go on to demolish the field.

Race-horses tend to be a different breed to other horses and In main, highly strung. Gelding quietens them down and makes them generally more agreeable to work with. TBH, I don't like being around my brothers who have not been gelded as they are so unpredictable. Castration tends to eliminate hormonally driven behaviour although Denman still has mood swings. Gelding stops race-horses calling out to others, makes them easier to work In groups and stops them fighting.

In that video clip, Mr O was not filming Kauts. Kauts did not run In the Hennessy so he recalls filming Denman and then 'Barbers Shop' The Queens horse and 'Niche Market' the Irish Grand National winner. You saw my lovely pics he took of all the horses parading.

It was confusing to see the horse, a short way behind Denman, in the green blanket had a white flash right down his nose just like Kauto's - even had the fairly unique kinky white edge on the forehead - that's why I thought it was Kauto Star. Which horse is it then?
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

G#Gill;1363969 wrote: It was confusing to see the horse, a short way behind Denman, in the green blanket had a white flash right down his nose just like Kauto's - even had the fairly unique kinky white edge on the forehead - that's why I thought it was Kauto Star. Which horse is it then?
OK... I just looked at all my own photographs from the day and the one you are referring to In the green coat In the paddock Is 'Dream Allience' but yes, he looks like Kauto.

‪Hennessey Gold Cup Chase 2010‬‏ - YouTube

Gill.... watch the first few minutes of that 2010 Hennessy Gold Cup. On the day, I had a straight win on Denman but Peter did not have a clue as to who to back. I told him that the safest bets lie with 'Madison Du Berlais' and 'Neptune's Collognes as both had very rarely fallen In their careers. Peter did a reversed forecast of the two..... You just have to laugh some-times eh ?
Odie

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Odie »

just watched the Hennessey Gold Cup race, we don't have steeplechase races here, so for me seeing all the horses jump was just magnificent!

Denman showed his pride.

thanks for sharing!:-6
Odie

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Odie »

Julie, did you know Kauto Star is on facebook? They sell also sell his jockey t-shirt.

Here is Denman and Kauto star as best friends.

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

Odie;1363996 wrote: just watched the Hennessey Gold Cup race, we don't have steeplechase races here, so for me seeing all the horses jump was just magnificent!

Denman showed his pride.

thanks for sharing!:-6 We have a very unfair system In this country where higher graded horses or the horses who have won are handicapped by putting lead weights under the saddle to slow them down. That's why the 2009 Hennessy Gold Cup was so astonishing because Denman won despite carrying 4 stone more than the rest of the field.

The 2010 Hennessy where Denman came third was the same. If my memory serves me correctly, the winner 'Diamond Harry' and the second 'Burton Port' were carrying 7 stone 4 lb each with Denman handicapped, carrying 11 stone 8 lb.... he did well to come third. I still can't load pics here yet but at that 2010 Hennessy, I got a pic of a very young horse that Is up and coming In another race. I was very, very keen to check him out and see him race live and he ran and jumped well with It only being his third time out on a steeple chase track. His name Is 'Kauto Realta' and has the same mother as Kauto Star. One to watch In the future. I got the most beautiful photographs of him. As he paraded In the pre parade paddock and came level with me, I said 'You're beautiful arn't you?' and he swung his head round, looking me In the eye just as I snapped the camera.

That had to be the coldest day on the track as It was 7 below freezing.... and Gill asked me after the race why my pics came out with a blue tinge !!! Still, that was nothing compared to one Boxing Day I spent on Wincanton race course for my brother. Our mobile betting truck got stuck in snow.
Odie

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Odie »

oscar;1364023 wrote: We have a very unfair system In this country where higher graded horses or the horses who have won are handicapped by putting lead weights under the saddle to slow them down. That's why the 2009 Hennessy Gold Cup was so astonishing because Denman won despite carrying 4 stone more than the rest of the field.

The 2010 Hennessy where Denman came third was the same. If my memory serves me correctly, the winner 'Diamond Harry' and the second 'Burton Port' were carrying 7 stone 4 lb each with Denman handicapped, carrying 11 stone 8 lb.... he did well to come third.

That had to be the coldest day on the track as It was 7 below freezing.... and Gill asked me after the race why my pics came out with a blue tinge !!! Still, that was nothing compared to one Boxing Day I spent on Wincanton race course for my brother. Our mobile betting truck got stuck in snow.

That is very unfair and it really makes it much harder on the horses, especially 8bs.

Here, and the US 'some' give them injections right before if they are running to slow towards the finish, and you cannot see the injections, if they're caught they loose their license.

That was an extremely cold day for racing, I guess you guys were well bundled up.

and on boxing day? wow you are dedicated to get out and get stuck in the snow:wah:

Did you like the pic of Kauto and Denman or have you seen it before?
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

Odie;1364025 wrote: That is very unfair and it really makes it much harder on the horses, especially 8bs.

Here, and the US 'some' give them injections right before if they are running to slow towards the finish, and you cannot see the injections, if they're caught they loose their license.

That was an extremely cold day for racing, I guess you guys were well bundled up.

and on boxing day? wow you are dedicated to get out and get stuck in the snow:wah:

Did you like the pic of Kauto and Denman or have you seen it before? It's very good of you to put that on but sorry I have to laugh :yh_rotfl

My lounge walls are covered with prints ( some signed ) of Kauto and Denman that Peter has bought me on e bay.

I have Kauto's and Denman's official race scarves In the colours of their owners. I have framed race cards along with the official gold badges for each horse. I have drinking mugs with Kauto on, books, place mats etc etc... I buy most of It on the track from the dealers when I go to see then race.

I am friends on both Kauto's and Denman's facebook and on their trainers twitter account.

So you could say.... I have seen everything of both of them :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

Odie;1364025 wrote: That is very unfair and it really makes it much harder on the horses, especially 8bs.

Denman wasn't carrying 8 lb extra. The winner and the second carried 102 lbs, Denman carried 162 lb... 60 lb heavier
Odie

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Odie »

oscar;1364033 wrote: Denman wasn't carrying 8 lb extra. The winner and the second carried 102 lbs, Denman carried 162 lb... 60 lb heavier

162lbs? that's insane.
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

Odie;1364039 wrote: 162lbs? that's insane.

Yes It Is but that's the maximum handicap here for Grade 111 steeple-chasers. The jumps are quite perilous also.

One of my favourite horses also from the same stable as Kauto and Denman fell at the second fence at Uttoxeter last year and broke his neck. He lay stricken on the ground unable to get up but again, testament to his trainer Paul Nicholls, he was brought back and nursed back and seems to be recovering well. He'll probably never race again and It Is such a shame because as a young horse, he had so much promise.

Tricky Trickster also has his own facebook account which I find quite bizzarre but then horse-racing Is big sport In this country.
Odie

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Odie »

oscar;1364064 wrote: Yes It Is but that's the maximum handicap here for Grade 111 steeple-chasers. The jumps are quite perilous also.

One of my favourite horses also from the same stable as Kauto and Denman fell at the second fence at Uttoxeter last year and broke his neck. He lay stricken on the ground unable to get up but again, testament to his trainer Paul Nicholls, he was brought back and nursed back and seems to be recovering well. He'll probably never race again and It Is such a shame because as a young horse, he had so much promise.

Tricky Trickster also has his own facebook account which I find quite bizzarre but then horse-racing Is big sport In this country.

See, I feel for the horses and what they have to endure.

I feel for Uttoxeter, so many get hurt or end up having to be put down in races, but I guess that's a part of lie.

Probably most horses have a facebook account.
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

Odie;1364071 wrote: See, I feel for the horses and what they have to endure.

I feel for Uttoxeter, so many get hurt or end up having to be put down in races, but I guess that's a part of lie.

Probably most horses have a facebook account.

No Odie.... The horse Is called Tricky Trickster. He fell AT Uttoxeter race course.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011 ... nid-90803/
Odie

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Odie »

oscar;1364096 wrote: No Odie.... The horse Is called Tricky Trickster. He fell AT Uttoxeter race course.

Tricky Trickster faces 'crucial' few days | Setanta

I'm sorry you have to keep repeating yourself, I've barely had any sleep this week and I am reading this thread wrong as some are confusing when you don't know who's who.

such a tragedy.
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

oscar;1363967 wrote: Gill :-4 Fancy seeing you here. :wah:

I was just reading back and looking at the you tube clips again and realised what I had written.

There-fore I feel the need to point out that It Is not my brothers who have no been gelded but his horses. Also, I like being around my brother and he Is not unpredictable .... much....Just thought I would clear that up before he pops In as a guest and see's any misunderstanding.
G#Gill

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1364108 wrote: I was just reading back and looking at the you tube clips again and realised what I had written.

There-fore I feel the need to point out that It Is not my brothers who have no been gelded but his horses. Also, I like being around my brother and he Is not unpredictable .... much....Just thought I would clear that up before he pops In as a guest and see's any misunderstanding.

I did keep quiet about it, though I had noticed what you had said about your brother !
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

G#Gill;1364112 wrote: I did keep quiet about it, though I had noticed what you had said about your brother !

Maybe I am wrong Gill. He may have been gelded on the quiet. He doesn't tell me everything !
Bryn Mawr

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I went to see Show of Hands tonight and was reminded of their tale of Kuato Star racing in the Cheltenham Gold Cup :-

‪Galway Farmer - Show of Hands‬‏ - YouTube
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

Bryn Mawr;1364723 wrote: I went to see Show of Hands tonight and was reminded of their tale of Kuato Star racing in the Cheltenham Gold Cup :-

‪Galway Farmer - Show of Hands‬‏ - YouTube

Thank You Bryn, that was one of the loveliest pieces I have ever heard. :yh_shamrk:yh_shamrk:yh_shamrk
Bryn Mawr

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1364725 wrote: Thank You Bryn, that was one of the loveliest pieces I have ever heard. :yh_shamrk:yh_shamrk:yh_shamrk

I've known it for years as it's their end of concert showpiece but tonight reminded me how appropriate it would be for this thread :-)
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

Bryn Mawr;1364727 wrote: I've known it for years as it's their end of concert showpiece but tonight reminded me how appropriate it would be for this thread :-)

It's remarkable to see the pilgrimage by the Irish to Cheltenham every year. I have worked the course many times and been absolutely drowned out by the roar from the Irish cheering on their own. I remember the 2009 Cheltenham Festival when the Irish Challenger 'Forpaddydeplasterer' won the Arkle as the Irish celebrated late Into the night. :wah:

They love Cheltenham with a passion and especially anything trained by Irish trainer 'Willy Mullins'....

I would go as far to say that It Is the Irish who make Cheltenham and I love the whole friendly atmosphere of the four days with them.

Cheltenham (Downtown) - YouTube

Cheltenham will see empty next March without Kauto but next year, all eyes will be on one of his stable mates Big Bucks.

R.I.P. Witicha Lineman
Bryn Mawr

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1364728 wrote: It's remarkable to see the pilgrimage by the Irish to Cheltenham every year. I have worked the course many times and been absolutely drowned out by the roar from the Irish cheering on their own. I remember the 2009 Cheltenham Festival when the Irish Challenger 'Forpaddydeplasterer' won the Arkle as the Irish celebrated late Into the night. :wah:

They love Cheltenham with a passion and especially anything trained by Irish trainer 'Willy Mullins'....

I would go as far to say that It Is the Irish who make Cheltenham and I love the whole friendly atmosphere of the four days with them.

Cheltenham (Downtown) - YouTube

Cheltenham will see empty next March without Kauto but next year, all eyes will be on one of his stable mates Big Bucks.

Cheltenham Memories 2009 - YouTube

R.I.P. Witicha Lineman

A lovely re-working of an old classic - and even I recognised many of the faces in the chorus.

And as you say, a sad end to a fine horse.
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

Bryn Mawr;1364730 wrote: A lovely re-working of an old classic - and even I recognised many of the faces in the chorus.

And as you say, a sad end to a fine horse.

You're song was quite lovely. This one I stumbled across by accident one day on you tube. I think their hearts are In the right place but this has to be the worst song about Kauto I have ever seen.

Kauto Star - The Horse Song - Naymedici - YouTube

You have to laugh.
Bryn Mawr

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1364734 wrote: You're song was quite lovely. This one I stumbled across by accident one day on you tube. I think their hearts are In the right place but this has to be the worst song about Kauto I have ever seen.

Kauto Star - The Horse Song - Naymedici - YouTube

You have to laugh.

Ouch - that hurt!
Odie

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Odie »

I wish I could hear these songs, I have no volume:-5
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

Kauto - We Can Ride On A Star - YouTube

My sentiments exactly !
Odie

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Odie »

oscar;1364844 wrote: Kauto - We Can Ride On A Star - YouTube

My sentiments exactly !

omg......what an amazing horse he is!:yh_party:-4

I couldn't hear the words nor song, but I did read along....

I can truly understand now where your heart is.
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

Odie;1364863 wrote: omg......what an amazing horse he is!:yh_party:-4

I couldn't hear the words nor song, but I did read along....

I can truly understand now where your heart is. You get very close to them In the paddock prior to a race when they are parading and after In the Winners Enclosure. Over the years, It's very easy to form an attachment to them when you have seen them so close up In the flesh.
Odie

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Odie »

oscar;1364916 wrote: You get very close to them In the paddock prior to a race when they are parading and after In the Winners Enclosure. Over the years, It's very easy to form an attachment to them when you have seen them so close up In the flesh.

shocked you can get right up to a racehorse in the paddock...not allowed that here unless you have a pass from the owner.
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

Odie;1364954 wrote: shocked you can get right up to a racehorse in the paddock...not allowed that here unless you have a pass from the owner.

It depends what you want from the day and how much you want to pay.

Most people out for a day at the races will pay for a Grandstand view to watch the races but the people who actually follow the horses and want to see them close up will pay the extra to get In the Premier enclosure which allows you Into the pre-parade ring which Is where you get very close to the horses. They warm up In the pre-parade enclosure and then go Into the parade ring where the jocky's mount and parade on them. After that, it's announced that the runners are 'Going Down' which means they start to make their way to the track. As soon as the race Is finished, the winner and runners up come back to the winners enclosure. A bit like this:

The winner's enclosure at Cheltenham. - YouTube

Denman's In the red coat.....at the end of the footage, the grey horse who enters the enclosure Is very , very much one to watch. He's a young horse at 6 years old and has already proved himself. My money will be on him at Cheltenham next March In The World Hurdle. Very much a young pretender to Kauto's crown..... Grand Crus.
Odie

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Odie »

oscar;1364969 wrote: It depends what you want from the day and how much you want to pay.

Most people out for a day at the races will pay for a Grandstand view to watch the races but the people who actually follow the horses and want to see them close up will pay the extra to get In the Premier enclosure which allows you Into the pre-parade ring which Is where you get very close to the horses. They warm up In the pre-parade enclosure and then go Into the parade ring where the jocky's mount and parade on them. After that, it's announced that the runners are 'Going Down' which means they start to make their way to the track. As soon as the race Is finished, the winner and runners up come back to the winners enclosure. A bit like this:

The winner's enclosure at Cheltenham. - YouTube

Denman's In the red coat.....at the end of the footage, the grey horse who enters the enclosure Is very , very much one to watch. He's a young horse at 6 years old and has already proved himself. My money will be on him at Cheltenham next March In The World Hurdle. Very much a young pretender to Kauto's crown..... Grand Crus.

Being a premium member certainly has its gold! To see the horses ring and watch the jockeys mount and warm them up must be a sheer delight to enjoy and after the race to see them come back again....I wish we had that here, but then again I have never been to involved in any 'professional races' myself, I must look up our Queen's plate and a few others and read some info.

quite the inspiring video!

what a shame our smile icons only have the US flag.:lips:

Bravo England:-6
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

It is actually 'Bravo France.'

Kauts was first spotted by his trainer Paul Nicholls after watching a video of him In action as a very young horse. His owner Clive Smith was looking to purchase a National Hunt Chaser but he originally went after a horse called 'Garde Champetre' and bid 500,000 guineas only to be out bid by J.P. McManus.

Garde Champetre has actually done very well In this country since winning many races but the disappointed Clive Smith was offered another horse for 400,000 at the time who had a good hurdles career In France called 'L' Extraterrestrial' ( out of this world' ) Clive Smith brought him to England and appointed Paul Nicholls as his trainer, changing his name to Kauto Star after his mother Kauto Relka.

Kauto - You Might Never Get This Moment Again - YouTube
Odie

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Odie »

oscar;1365114 wrote: It is actually 'Bravo France.'

Kauts was first spotted by his trainer Paul Nicholls after watching a video of him In action as a very young horse. His owner Clive Smith was looking to purchase a National Hunt Chaser but he originally went after a horse called 'Garde Champetre' and bid 500,000 guineas only to be out bid by J.P. McManus.

Garde Champetre has actually done very well In this country since winning many races but the disappointed Clive Smith was offered another horse for 400,000 at the time who had a good hurdles career In France called 'L' Extraterrestrial' ( out of this world' ) Clive Smith brought him to England and appointed Paul Nicholls as his trainer, changing his name to Kauto Star after his mother Kauto Relka.

Kauto - You Might Never Get This Moment Again - YouTube

very interesting story!

Bravo France!
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

Kauto Star - Before he was famous - YouTube
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

It was actually Kauto Star that brought about changes In the re-mounting regulations In National Hunt Horse-racing.

The British Horseracing Authority had been debating the re-mounting saga for a few years now, but have never reached a conclusive decision. After 2005, when jockey Ruby Walsh re-mounted Kauto Star, the re-mount ruling was changed slightly. During a race, In Kauto Star’s novice career, Ruby Walsh made the decision to re-mount and finish the race. Even though the pair managed to deliver a worthy fight, losing by a small margin, It was found that Kauto Star had Injured his leg during the fall and was box rested for approximately nine months. Jockeys were there after required to make sure that their mounts were sound before re-mounting.
Odie

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Odie »

oscar;1365207 wrote: Kauto Star - Before he was famous - YouTube

even with no volume, he looks so young and sweet.
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

The day my heart stopped

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2010

Cheltenham Gold Cup Chase 2010 - YouTube

Fast forward to 6 minutes 13 seconds If you don't want to see the whole race.

He nearly broke his neck.
Odie

Goodbye Kauto Star

Post by Odie »

oscar;1365574 wrote: The day my heart stopped

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2010

Cheltenham Gold Cup Chase 2010 - YouTube

Fast forward to 6 minutes 13 seconds If you don't want to see the whole race.

He nearly broke his neck.

both old boys can be proud :-4

your an early riser to:-6

to bad we can't meet for morning coffee, its 6am here and I'm ready:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Goodbye Kauto Star

My prediction for another Kauto Star actually lies within the same stable, same trainer and same jockey.

I have had the pleasure of seeing this horse run several times and he possesses all the qualities of a champion In the making although his following on Facebook seem to have him up there already.

Horse of the Year- Big Buck's - YouTube

Wikki seems to confirm his status as the greatest chasing hurdler. At just 7 years old, he has achieved much and has much more to prove.

He became the only horse this year to win 3 consecutive World Hurdle. I will be at Cheltenham next March hopefully to see him crown a 4th.

Return to “Sports”