Tennis anyone?

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
flopstock

Tennis anyone?

Post by flopstock »

Interesting form of exercise to take up.

18 balls collected a minimum of 10 times in the hour we've been playing each time, the last couple of weeks. Divide that by two and I'm doing 90 squats an hour.

We let it bounce more than once, at this point... the goal is to get it over the net as close to the other person as possible. So lots of sliding back and forth, even if I do end up missing it..:p

This could turn out to be the perfect sport. We'll increase our conditioning as we increase our skill level. So we are naturally pacing ourselves.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Bryn Mawr

Tennis anyone?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

flopstock;1361332 wrote: Interesting form of exercise to take up.

18 balls collected a minimum of 10 times in the hour we've been playing each time, the last couple of weeks. Divide that by two and I'm doing 90 squats an hour.

We let it bounce more than once, at this point... the goal is to get it over the net as close to the other person as possible. So lots of sliding back and forth, even if I do end up missing it..:p

This could turn out to be the perfect sport. We'll increase our conditioning as we increase our skill level. So we are naturally pacing ourselves.

Sounds like a damn'd good form of exercise and you can bring in another rule of tennis each time your fitness level allows it. Fun and fitness at the same time :-)

Return to “Sports”