Brick Breaking

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Huntley

Brick Breaking

Post by Huntley »

Here is a clip of me at one of my schools testing days. I could have done a few more bricks but I had a student testing for his Black Belt and I didn't want to show him up......too much anyway.

Adam Huntley Brick Breaking
kazalala

Brick Breaking

Post by kazalala »

wow:-3

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Ahso!

Brick Breaking

Post by Ahso! »

Out of curiosity what exactly is it being displayed when someone does that type of thing? Is it that you are hitting the bricks at just the proper force in the exact right place for the breakage to occur? That would be physics, would it not? Or is it meant to display your strength or concentration or both? Or maybe your style of brick breaking? I've always wondered about that.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Odie

Brick Breaking

Post by Odie »

Huntley;1322791 wrote: Here is a clip of me at one of my schools testing days. I could have done a few more bricks but I had a student testing for his Black Belt and I didn't want to show him up......too much anyway.

that was awesome, congrats!:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
Tombstone

Brick Breaking

Post by Tombstone »

Huntley;1322791 wrote: Here is a clip of me at one of my schools testing days. I could have done a few more bricks but I had a student testing for his Black Belt and I didn't want to show him up......too much anyway.

Huntley, I'll be sure to stay away from those elbows of yours! :)
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Huntley

Brick Breaking

Post by Huntley »

It's evidence of directed power. Outside of actual combat, it's the only real training you can do to measure what you can do. After you build up your bone density, it's a rather easy break. And it's fun. You can cheat with physics (longer bricks are much easier to break in bulk) - but why? I use regular 16x8x2" patio bricks with spacers, so I have a good measurement tool of where my power is. There are 6 bricks in this vid, I've attempted 12 in the past, but I've only had a successful 10 brick demo. If you check out my break on youtube, the first vid to the right titled "Bricks, meet elbow strike" that's buddy of mine whom I've trained with, in the past.
chonsigirl

Brick Breaking

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I had to break a cement block for my black belt test in TKD.

Ha, ha-bone density. It helps when you are younger, but the training does build you up to do it. (I was in my mid-50s when I started) Only had one greenstick fracture during the whole time, not bad for an old lady.

But I have been on vacation for 10 days, I will suffer tonight during class........my son wouldn't take me to the gym this time! I could only walk and walk and go swimming laps for exercise. Playing with my grandson doesn't count, it is fun to chase after young ones. I am hoping the kicking master takes it nice and easy on me, but I don't know.
Tombstone

Brick Breaking

Post by Tombstone »

chonsigirl;1322938 wrote: Oh, I had to break a cement block for my black belt test in TKD.

Ha, ha-bone density. It helps when you are younger, but the training does build you up to do it. (I was in my mid-50s when I started) Only had one greenstick fracture during the whole time, not bad for an old lady.

But I have been on vacation for 10 days, I will suffer tonight during class........my son wouldn't take me to the gym this time! I could only walk and walk and go swimming laps for exercise. Playing with my grandson doesn't count, it is fun to chase after young ones. I am hoping the kicking master takes it nice and easy on me, but I don't know.

That's very cool that you do TKD! And a Black Belt too? Congratulations! With you and Huntley, FG has a good start of a real security detail. :)

My sons are trying to get me to try MMA for working out. Not sure about it yet though.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
chonsigirl

Brick Breaking

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, it is lots of fun TS. It could be something you all do together.
Huntley

Brick Breaking

Post by Huntley »

Tombstone;1322945 wrote: That's very cool that you do TKD! And a Black Belt too? Congratulations! With you and Huntley, FG has a good start of a real security detail. :)

My sons are trying to get me to try MMA for working out. Not sure about it yet though.

There are three facets to mixed martial arts is grappling (wrestling) ground game (Ju-Jitsu, Pancration) and stand up (boxing, Taekwondo, Karate). If I were to try it all over again, I'd start with BJJ (Brazilian Ju-Jitsu) or Pancration and move slowly into other the other facets.

Return to “Sports”