Churchill Cup Infinity Park, Glendale Colorado.

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Pool A: Canada, France, Uruguay.

Pool B: Russia, England Saxons, USA.

We're about to play Russia. We play the USA on the 13th June kickoff 1 pm. If any of you folks across the pond are curious to see a bit of Rugby here's your chance!

The Churchill Cup (Design, Hosting, Registration & Administration tools by esportsdeskpro.com)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Ive watched our matches against Russia. The heat and altitude are causing a few problems but we're doing very well. These are England and France's second string sides. England, USA and Canada play this tournament every year. It gives USA and Canada a chance to compete with better opposition every year, with the addition of three other invitation sides

Russia 17 – 49 England Saxons

Russia 22 – 39 USA

other matches...Uruguay 6 – 48 Canada....Uruguay 10 – 43 France "A"

We are also playing in the Junior World Championship in Argentina

Results and Tables so far.....

International Rugby Board

New Zealand have beaten England in the Final in the last 2 years. Can we go one better ?
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

IRTA "Infidelity Park" and naturally assumed that it was something to do with *golf*!
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

IRTA "Infidelity Park" and naturally assumed that it was something to do with *golf*!

:wah:

There's just something wonderfully American about "Infinity Park". That's a BIIIIIIG name. Love the ambition. :)

Snowfire: Reckon Rugby is handling it's expansion much better than cricket. Bangladesh are lovely lads, but an embarrassing deadweight one fears are there as a result of ICC politics. The Churchill Cup on the other hands has ordinary supporters like us tuning in. It's a fun competition.

Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Clodhopper;1315559 wrote: :wah:

There's just something wonderfully American about "Infinity Park". That's a BIIIIIIG name. Love the ambition. :)

Snowfire: Reckon Rugby is handling it's expansion much better than cricket. Bangladesh are lovely lads, but an embarrassing deadweight one fears are there as a result of ICC politics. The Churchill Cup on the other hands has ordinary supporters like us tuning in. It's a fun competition.

I feel sorry for the Bangladesh cricket team. They are struggling to progress despite the quality batsmen they have. A two tier system in Test cricket may help and would also give the chance of other nations to play the long game ie. Holland, Ireland, Scotland etc

Another step would be for them to change their wickets from the batting wickets they now are to a more bowling friendly environment. That would help them develop their cricket to enable them to be more competive playing in other countries. They just cant handle our changing wickets, hence their bowlers suffer

Two big games in the Junior Rugby today...International Rugby Board

England v France

South Africa v Australia

(Wow didnt Scotland get a pasting )

Winston Churchill
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

They on the box anywhere?

Missed Scotland's pasting. Scottish Rugby is a worry. They seem to have a bad case of suits in the boardroom.

I wasn't hoping for much from Eng/Aus. The Leicester Tiger in me enjoyed watching them being crushed in the scrum, even if their props were third or fourth string. Nifty backs they've got!

Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Found them on tv. Sky spit spit.

Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

We were rubbish against Australia. We still havent learned a thing. Big strong scrums but absolutely nothing else. Their backs ran us ragged and the score flattered us. Jonno is changing nothing and we are going nowhere

Winston Churchill
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Currently the people I blame are Ford and Wells. Jonno hasn't yet lost my confidence. Remember what a low we were at when he took over? Getting penalised off the pitch with a game plan that could best be described as panic and idiocy?

We are a year or more behind where we should be in terms of development for a World Cup. Promising forwards, total lack of imagination in the backs - though things improved when Youngs came on. He's promising. I despair of our centres, honest player though Tindall is.

Keep Jonno, ditch the coaches. They've got complacent.

Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Great win for Canada against France. Exciting game, too, with the lead changing several times.

So that looks like an England Canada final, France USA third place playoff, and Uruguay Russia for the Bowl.

(The Bowl is there so the really minor sides like Uruguay have something meaningful to play for other than the experience of being there. Seems to work quite well.)

Return to “Sports”