My poor club. Biggest story in sport at the moment

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I don't know if I even have a club anymore .

Melbourne Storm

The NRL acted savagely. It stripped the Storm of its premierships in 2007 and 2009, minor premierships in 2006, 2007 and 2008 and of this season's points, consigning it to a certain wooden spoon.

Mr Hartigan added: “I regret we have probably not yet uncovered the full extent of this fraud. Make no mistake, News does not tolerate this behaviour.

“I want to apologise unreservedly to the vast majority of people at the club who are victims of this fraud and to the other 15 premiership clubs, to the Storm’s thousands of loyal fans and rugby league fans everywhere, and to the Storm’s sponsors and people who support what the club does including the Victorian Government,” Mr Hartigan said.

How Melbourne Storm bought its way to top with salary cap rort | Courier Mail

The revelations brought to an end Melbourne's amazing dynasty and left the club covered in dishonour and shame. No team in 102 years of rugby league has ever been stripped of a competition title.

This is bigger than BEN HUR!!!!!

Because after the NRL has finished with them ...I'ts the Taxation departments turn ...then the criminal charges will be layed...............this is bad bad bad.
spot

Post by spot »

I expect it will be rather difficult to find any criticism in Australia of News Ltd, given the extent of their network. They own every side of this story with the possible exception of the police.

How about a simple rule that no organization can own a full set out of a club, the league it plays in and the broadcast rights, just to avoid news-selling soap opera plots?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Sports”