Roethlisberger suspended by NFL

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was suspended Wednesday for six games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, the league announced.

Ben Roethlisberger gets six-game ban - ESPN

Big Ben will sit out six games with no pay (a loss of $2.8 million salary) and will undergo a comprehensive behavioral evaluation. There's already talk about trading him.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Big Ben needs to keep little Ben indoors for a bit.:D
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

YZGI;1305164 wrote: Big Ben needs to keep little Ben indoors for a bit.:D

You got that right! :wah:
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

About time I would say. I here they are also trying to trade him the Rams said no, but the Raiders are thinking about it if he gets traded to the RAIDERS that will make them a complete team, which they haven't been in a long time. I hate the Raiders.. LOL
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Mustang

Post by Mustang »

With the civil suit pending in Nevada hanging over Ben's head, it wouldn't surprise me if he's traded off. Byron Leftwich and Dennis Dixon will compete for early season QB starters for the Steelers.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

CARLA;1305167 wrote: About time I would say. I here they are also trying to trade him the Rams said no, but the Raiders are thinking about it if he gets traded to the RAIDERS that will make them a complete team, which they haven't been in a long time. I hate the Raiders.. LOL
A complete team of misfits.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I've heard this is a disturbing trend among young famous football players. You let them out of the house and put a few drinks in them and they think they're golfers.

The psychological community in looking into this 'phenom phenomena'.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:yh_rotfl True but big Ben would fit in nicely and make them a contender. I hate the Raiders, they have been building for years this trade might do it for them this season any way Big Ben is still a top 5 quarterback.

I hear Buffalo is in the mix for the trade now.

[QUOTE]

A complete team of misfits.

[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

CARLA;1305172 wrote: :yh_rotfl True but big Ben would fit in nicely and make them a contender. I hate the Raiders, they have been building for years this trade might do it for them this season any way Big Ben is still a top 5 quarterback.

I hear Buffalo is in the mix for the trade now.
Good idea, send him to Buffalo and maybe he will freeze his balls off.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Something has to stop him the cold in Buffalo might do it. Not so sure the West Coast life style will help him in changing his behavior.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

CARLA;1305174 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Something has to stop him the cold in Buffalo might do it. Not so sure the West Coast life style will help him in changing his behavior.
Don't get me wrong, as much as i'd like to bed a few 20 yr olds it just don't seem worth it to have to rape them. joke :D
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Ahso!;1305171 wrote: I've heard this is a disturbing trend among young famous football players. You let them out of the house and put a few drinks in them and they think they're golfers.

they think they're golfers.

I think you meant "liberals".
Peg

Post by Peg »

YZGI;1305164 wrote: Big Ben needs to keep little Ben indoors for a bit.:D

Ahso!;1305171 wrote: I've heard this is a disturbing trend among young famous football players. You let them out of the house and put a few drinks in them and they think they're golfers.

2 of the best posts I've ever seen on any forum. :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Mustang;1305168 wrote: With the civil suit pending in Nevada hanging over Ben's head, it wouldn't surprise me if he's traded off. Byron Leftwich and Dennis Dixon will compete for early season QB starters for the Steelers.

Here's something that was brought out about the accuser.

Roethlisberger Assault Case

Originally posted Jul 21st 2009 7:24 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Sources connected to the Ben Roethlisberger sexual assault case claim the psychiatric care the accuser says she's under has nothing to do with Ben .... it has to do with a relationship she had with a man who never existed.

Andrea McNulty has sued Roethlisberger, the Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl champ, claiming he sexually assaulted her in July 2008. Sources tell us Roethlisberger and McNulty had a sexual liaison at the time but Ben insists it was purely consensual. We're told the two knew each other because Ben had stayed at Harrah's in Lake Tahoe over the last several years for golf tournaments -- and she worked at the hotel.

Sources connected with the case tell us a former co-worker of McNulty's at Harrah's came forward with this incredible story -- that around the time McNulty hooked up with Roethlisberger, she was allegedly involved with a married man. The man's wife, we're told, created an email account, posing as a U.S. soldier in Iraq. The wife began corresponding with McNulty to gain information. We're told the former co-worker has said McNulty fell in love with the fictitious soldier and began telling people she was engaged to him. When the wife stopped the correspondence, McNulty then began telling people the soldier was killed in action.

We're told McNulty told at least one co-worker she began seeing a psychiatrist because of the phantom soldier.

We tried repeatedly getting in touch with McNulty. So far we have been unable to reach her.

Read more: Bizarre Twist in Roethlisberger Assault Case | TMZ.com

and

Roethlisberger's Lawyer Puts Screws to Opponent | TMZ.com
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

YZGI;1305180 wrote: Don't get me wrong, as much as i'd like to bed a few 20 yr olds it just don't seem worth it to have to rape them. joke :D

You intended that as a joke but there is some truth in it.

First of all, I am neither defending nor crucifying Ben Rothlisberger. I don't know enough facts to do that. I lived in Pittsburgh for 18 years and still have many friends there (all Steeler fans) and I go back almost every year. I worked in a health club where some Steelers were members & worked out. Two of my friends dated players. The frenzy and worship of females (and males) when they were in the club was amazing. This was in the 70's. It's greatly magnified now. But I've seen enough of the hero worship with girls and young women to know that their heros would have had a great variety to choose from so why force yourself?

I talk on a weekly basis with my best friend in Pittsburgh where the newspapers & TV are full of stories about the Steelers throughout the year but especially so now. The fans are sick with the implications of this. But they also get news stories that the rest of us don't. My friend told me that one report said that the accuser went into the bar, ready for action, wearing a t-shirt or sweat shirt that said, "I'm here to get f -_ _ _ _ d" and it was spelled out. Then she was pinching Ben on the butt. None of that or anything else that she may have said or done implying consent relieves him nof guilt if she ultimately told him "No" and meant it. But we don't know that that happened.

I asked my friend if Ben is married and she said no, so at least he's not carousing as Tiger Woods was and hurting his family. My friend said maybe Ben needs to get married and settle down a little.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Zapata;1305209 wrote: You intended that as a joke but there is some truth in it.

First of all, I am neither defending nor crucifying Ben Rothlisberger. I don't know enough facts to do that. I lived in Pittsburgh for 18 years and still have many friends there (all Steeler fans) and I go back almost every year. I worked in a health club where some Steelers were members & worked out. Two of my friends dated players. The frenzy and worship of females (and males) when they were in the club was amazing. This was in the 70's. It's greatly magnified now. But I've seen enough of the hero worship with girls and young women to know that their heros would have had a great variety to choose from so why force yourself?

I talk on a weekly basis with my best friend in Pittsburgh where the newspapers & TV are full of stories about the Steelers throughout the year but especially so now. The fans are sick with the implications of this. But they also get news stories that the rest of us don't. My friend told me that one report said that the accuser went into the bar, ready for action, wearing a t-shirt or sweat shirt that said, "I'm here to get f -_ _ _ _ d" and it was spelled out. Then she was pinching Ben on the butt. None of that or anything else that she may have said or done implying consent relieves him nof guilt if she ultimately told him "No" and meant it. But we don't know that that happened.

I asked my friend if Ben is married and she said no, so at least he's not carousing as Tiger Woods was and hurting his family. My friend said maybe Ben needs to get married and settle down a little.
Good point. I can see where a consensual liason could go south and the woman feeling scorned could yell rape.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I told you there was a connection to golf somewhere, and wouldn't you know its right in the thick of it. Golf is destroying the country. And back in the fifties they were worried about pool - hah!

I heard hes not married because he likes raccoons and spaghetti.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Ahso!;1305215 wrote: I told you there was a connection to golf somewhere, and wouldn't you know its right in the thick of it. Golf is destroying the country. And back in the fifties they were worried about pool - hah!

I heard hes not married because he likes raccoons.
Silly boy, raccoons can't golf.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

YZGI;1305218 wrote: Silly boy, raccoons can't golf.No but they can wear t-shirts.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Pittsburgh fans are turning on Roethlisberger, saying he has tarnished the city name.

Ben Roethlisberger Can't Escape Fan Backlash - ABC News

Ben's lost one contract already, merchants are steeply marking down their products to get rid of them.
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Now he can scrawl "suspended for Jesus" on his shoes. :)
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

I was talking to my friend in Pittsburgh this morning and she said that "they" are making an example out of Rothlisberger. She said that he never should have put himself in that situation, he should have been more discreet. I posed this question to her: What would you have had Ben do, when he's in his hometown? Never go into a bar where adoring fans might include some female that would hope to entice him? Yes, I know, this hasn't been proven yet. Ok, then maybe this 28 yr. old football hero, single, with no wife waiting for him at home should be thinking of joining a monastery. I can't think of any man I've ever known, including my brothers, but excluding gay friends of mine, who wouldn't have been intrigued by an enthusiastic and purportedly eager young woman of 20. From the articles I've read on the event I haven't read one yet that says that the accuser was screaming or in any way protesting as she was being dragged to meet with her attacker.

I would say that if, IF she said "NO", he should have stopped. But we don't know that that happened.

I can't remember if the NFL did anything to Tom Brady on his paternity suits.

The following is from nearly 2 years ago.

Paternity Suits and Pro Athletes: The List

By K. McKinney | Published: June 6, 2008

On draft day in any professional sport, the highlight reels show young athletes celebrating the beginning of their pro careers, putting on a team jersey or cap, and smiling with the league commissioner for photo ops. Often, though, the next rite of passage for a young professional athlete in America is not exactly a photo opportunity – it’s a paternity suit.

For whatever social, psychological or sexual reason, pro athletes are having children out-of-wedlock at an epidemic rate. No sport is exempt – baseball, football, basketball, boxing, hockey and more. Child support payments are some athletes’ single biggest expense. Since Father’s Day is coming up soon, we thought we’d take a look at some of the more notable professional players (pun intended) who have been parties to paternity suits.

Paternity Suits and Pro Athletes: The List

By K. McKinney | Published: June 6, 2008

On draft day in any professional sport, the highlight reels show young athletes celebrating the beginning of their pro careers, putting on a team jersey or cap, and smiling with the league commissioner for photo ops. Often, though, the next rite of passage for a young professional athlete in America is not exactly a photo opportunity – it’s a paternity suit.

For whatever social, psychological or sexual reason, pro athletes are having children out-of-wedlock at an epidemic rate. No sport is exempt – baseball, football, basketball, boxing, hockey and more. Child support payments are some athletes’ single biggest expense. Since Father’s Day is coming up soon, we thought we’d take a look at some of the more notable professional players (pun intended) who have been parties to paternity suits.

List:

Paternity Suits and Pro Athletes: The List | Celebrity Divorce Blog | MyFamilyLaw

Return to “Sports”