Tiger Woods Returning To Golf At Masters

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

In a statement Tuesday, Woods said he will play at Augusta National after a four-month hiatus because of a sex scandal.

The Masters begins on April 8.

Story Link: Tiger Woods Announces He's Returning To Golf At Masters Tournament - wcbstv.com
Odie

Post by Odie »

I can hear the crowd cheering now, he is the best!:guitarist:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
cars

Post by cars »

People tend to forget quickly.

If he gets back into the golf grove & continues to win, this time next year it will be business as usual! :-2
Cars :)
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Yeah..!! :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

I wish I could be there cheering him on and pray that he's left alone to do what he does best....Play Golf! Hats off to you Tiger and good luck!

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Just remember Tiger, The round of golf is over after the 18th hole.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

cars;1297201 wrote: People tend to forget quickly.

If he gets back into the golf grove & continues to win, this time next year it will be business as usual! :-2

His personal life has nothing to do with him being one of the greatest golfers in the world. GO TIGER!!! :guitarist

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Jazzy;1297212 wrote: His personal life has nothing to do with him being one of the greatest golfers in the world. GO TIGER!!! :guitarist

True, but his pesonal life may have everything to do about whether you choose to root for him or against him. I root against his huge ego not his indiscretions.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

YZGI;1297215 wrote: I root against his huge ego not his indiscretions.

Can you explain this to me please? IMO, if he had a huge ego he would have never apologized for his behavior and confessed to having extramarital affairs. He also would have never sought family therapy in Arizona :-3

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Jazzy;1297218 wrote: Can you explain this to me please? IMO, if he had a huge ego he would have never apologized for his behavior and confessed to having extramarital affairs. He also would have never sought family therapy in Arizona :-3

He orchestrated the whole thing. He only invited certain media friends and took no questions. He made a statement that he could just as easily posted on his web site. He even admitted that he thought the rules didn't apply to him. IMO he did this to try and save his marriage and his image so he can continue making money.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

YZGI;1297221 wrote: He

Tiger Woods' "apology" was a repulsive and stomach-turning stage show. It compounded and increased his previous unacceptable behaviour. I wish him bad luck.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Jazzy;1297218 wrote: Can you explain this to me please? IMO, if he had a huge ego he would have never apologized for his behavior and confessed to having extramarital affairs. He also would have never sought family therapy in Arizona :-3

Exactly, Wisey !

He was probably advised to make that apology, by his agents. It was also probably written by somebody else, to make sure the right things were said. It's all to do with money after all innit? His agents don't want to loose their golden goose do they? As it is, Tiger nearly lost all his promo contracts over his filandering. I'm sure that all this stuff would have been discovered sooner or later anyway, like these sort of things are. After all he only had to upset one of his 'conquests' and she would have earned lots of pennies spilling the beans to the gutter press!!!
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Did you know?

He has finished 1st on the PGA TOUR 71 times.

He ranks 1st in Scoring Average on the PGA TOUR.

He's a 4 time National Champion

Question: Does his personal life negate all of this?
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

YZGI;1297211 wrote: Just remember Tiger, The round of golf is over after the 18th hole.

Sometimes 18 holes is just not enough.:yh_rotfl
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

No it doesn't and I can't wait to see him play again. His personal life is his own business from this point on, none of our business.

Lets talk about the liar John Edwards I think he is personal behavior is just as bad if not worse, and still none of my damn business.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

cars;1297201 wrote: People tend to forget quickly.

How true Cars...amazing how people forget the transgressions of famous sports players...
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Bill Sikes;1297236 wrote: Tiger Woods' "apology" was a repulsive and stomach-turning stage show. It compounded and increased his previous unacceptable behaviour. I wish him bad luck.

Bingo. I'm personally boycotting anything to do with him, including his videogames.:mad:
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Jazzy;1297240 wrote: FONT="Arial"]SIZE="3"]U]Did you know?

He has finished 1st on the PGA TOUR 71 times.

He ranks 1st in Scoring Average on the PGA TOUR.

He's a 4 time National Champion

B]Question: Does his personal life negate all of this?

It does not negate his achievements, but it *does* mean that he should retire in disgrace.

However, this would mean that he'd have to have some sense of honour - and it is clear to me that he does not.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Bill Sikes;1297270 wrote: It does not negate his achievements, but it *does* mean that he should retire in disgrace.

However, this would mean that he'd have to have some sense of honor - and it is clear to me that he does not.

I agree 100%. I'm not very forgiving for people who destroy the hopes, dreams, and expectations of young people. I'm certainly not for rewarding that kind of despicable behavior.:thinking:
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Bill Sikes;1297270 wrote: It does not negate his achievements, but it *does* mean that he should retire in disgrace.And then what?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Then he fades from the common memory and quietly slides into oblivion along with the other rats who have shamed mankind and disgraced their occupations. Forgotten and erased forever.:rolleyes:
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

You know, since he is famous he's a sex addict. if he was your average Joe he would be called a pervert. Either way. there is a lot more important things going on in this world. :lips::lips:
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Bill Sikes;1297270 wrote: It does not negate his achievements, but it *does* mean that he should retire in disgrace.

However, this would mean that he'd have to have some sense of honour - and it is clear to me that he does not.

Ahso!;1297279 wrote: And then what?

I disagree with the notion that he should retire.

He should repent of his faulty behavior, and show the world that he can go on with a life that will be an example worthy of those who will follow.

Yes, everyone makes mistakes.

But everyone should have the opportunity to be forgiven, and to forgive.

Everyone is entitled to an opportunity to make it right.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

southern yankee;1297326 wrote: You know, since he is famous he's a sex addict. if he was your average Joe he would be called a pervert. Either way. there is a lot more important things going on in this world. :lips::lips:

No. He is that average Joe, who was given incredible opportunity, and gave in to incredible temptations.

But because he's famous, his fall is before the entire world, and now he faces incredible condemnation for what the average Joe would do in a heartbeat and no one would ever notice.
- DH Lawrence
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

What message would he be sending if he just retired and dropped out of site now? Compare that with the message he would send out if he truly repented, resumed his career and went on to even greater heights. That's what he owes his many fans.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

LarsMac;1297333 wrote: he faces incredible condemnation for what the average Joe would do in a heartbeat and no one would ever notice.

Are you comparing the "average joe" to this shitbag? I think that the "average joe" has a lot more integrity than that!
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

hoppy;1297364 wrote: B]What message would he be sending if he just retired and dropped out of site now?

That if you do the dirty, you should be prepared to take the consequences.

hoppy;1297364 wrote: if he truly repentedB]

As any teenager today would say "yeah, right".
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I hope you are NEVER on any jury.:(
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Bill Sikes;1297373 wrote: Are you comparing the "average joe" to this shitbag? I think that the "average joe" has a lot more integrity than that!What are you so angry about? Were talking about a kid who spends his life practicing how to swing a stick. If people like to worship that sort of thing thats their business (I don't recognize it the same as many do).

Do you expect this kid to be as proficient in all area's of his life as he is at swinging this golf stick?

Are you as proficient in swinging a golf stick as he is since you seem to believe you're better than him in the integrity category? And if not, should you be publicly crucified?

Is it his right to condemn every person not as good as him at golf to public humiliation? Why should all golfers not consider you a shitbag for not golfing as good as them?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Ahso!;1297388 wrote: What are you so angry about?

I am not "so angry" - your words, not mine. Why do you try to deflect an argument onto me?

Ahso!;1297388 wrote: Were talking about a kid who spends his life practicing how to swing a stick. If people like to worship that sort of thing thats their business (I don't recognize it the same as many do).

A bit more complicated than "swinging a stick" - and at nearly 35 years old, he's not a "kid" - he's a nearly middle-aged man who should certainly know better.

Ahso!;1297388 wrote: Do you expect this kid to be as proficient in all area's of his life as he is at swinging this golf stick?

Of course not. However, people in the public eye (or elsewhere) should not behave as he has. He's fallen miles short of the required standard for decency.

Ahso!;1297388 wrote: Are you as proficient in swinging a golf stick as he is since you seem to believe you're better than him in the integrity category?

Of course I'm not so proficient at golf. However, this is quite beside the point. As for believing that I have more integrity than him, I don't just *believe* it - I *know* it. I am the same as the majority of people in that, too.

Ahso!;1297388 wrote: Is it his right to condemn every person not as good as him at golf to public humiliation? Why should all golfers not consider you a shitbag for not golfing as good as them?

You seem to have lost the plot there.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

hoppy;1297384 wrote: B]I hope you are NEVER on any jury.:(

Why?
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Bill Sikes;1297390 wrote: I am not "so angry" - your words, not mine. Why do you try to deflect an argument onto me?Labeling a person a 'shitbag' sounds like anger to me unless of course you use that sort of language regularly when speaking of others?

I'm not deflecting anything onto you. You made the distinction when you called him a shitbag and said he lacked integrity. Unless you consider yourself a shitbag who lacks integrity, I assume you think more highly of yourself than you do of Tiger Woods.

Bill Sikes;1297390 wrote: A bit more complicated than "swinging a stick" - and at nearly 35 years old, he's not a "kid" - he's a nearly middle-aged man who should certainly know better.You're right about the age, but in my mind anyone who still lives life swinging a stick is still a kid as well as those who care. But maybe thats a good thing for all I know.

In the end it all comes down to swinging the stick just right, doesn't it?

Bill Sikes;1297390 wrote: Of course not. However, people in the public eye (or elsewhere) should not behave as he has. He's fallen miles short of the required standard for decency.The public eye, meaning each individual who watches this sport comes to him and they can turn away at their pleasure. Its completely ludicrous to me, but I make different choices as to whats important. Neither is better than the other though, I guess.

Bill Sikes;1297390 wrote: Of course I'm not so proficient at golf. However, this is quite beside the point. As for believing that I have more integrity than him, I don't just *believe* it - I *know* it. I am the same as the majority of people in that, too.The point is he is not as good a person as you, isn't it? Well, what if we judged one another by how well we all play golf? He'd be better than you, wouldn't he? so you and I would be the shitbags, not him, right?

Bill Sikes;1297390 wrote: You seem to have lost the plot there.If you say so!

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Ahso!;1297400 wrote: The point is he is not as good a person as you, isn't it?

No, it is not. The point relates to him.

Ahso!;1297400 wrote: Well, what if we judged one another by how well we all play golf?

We don't.

Ahso!;1297400 wrote: He'd be better than you, wouldn't he?

He would, most certainly, at golf.

Ahso!;1297400 wrote: so you'd be the shitbag, not him, right?

No, I'd just be far less good at playing golf.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Bill Sikes;1297403 wrote: No, it is not. The point relates to him.You'd prefer it that way

Bill Sikes;1297403 wrote: We don't.You mean you don't, don't you? What about those who do?

Bill Sikes;1297403 wrote: He would, most certainly, at golf. And that would be it, right? Then why don't people who judge him aspire to be as gracious? Those who practice fidelity in their personal relationships may want to consider themselves more reliable in relationships rather than call those who aren't 'shitbags'.

Bill Sikes;1297403 wrote: No, I'd just be far less good at playing golf.And Tiger Woods may, for all we know, consider himself not as good at relationships. However, it is possible for him to learn and practice in order to become better, is it not? And if he chooses not to, thats his business. And anyone looking to marry the guy in the future, if that is in fact his future, should ask the correct questions instead of just marrying Tiger Woods, agreed?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Bill Sikes;1297373 wrote: Are you comparing the "average joe" to this shitbag? I think that the "average joe" has a lot more integrity than that!

No, I am comparing him to the average Joe. I know lots of them "Average Joe's" and they can be real "shitbags", themselves.

The difference is when they go astray nobody notices but their immediate family.

This guy has an opportunity to "man up" and show the world that anyone can make a mistake, and anyone can be redeemed.

His wife forgave him. Case closed.

As the ad Accenture did with him, just before they abandoned him,

"It's what you do next that counts."
- DH Lawrence
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Ahso!;1297405 wrote: You mean you don't, don't you? What about those who do?

No, I mean "we" as a majority. Those who do judge people purely on their ability to play golf must be in a tiny minority.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Bill Sikes;1297415 wrote: No, I mean "we" as a majority. Those who do judge people purely on their ability to play golf must be in a tiny minority.As opposed to what? Describe the majority. And the majority is alway's right?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Odie

Post by Odie »

YZGI;1297211 wrote: Just remember Tiger, The round of golf is over after the 18th hole.

he'll never remember that.

how many extras has he had?:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Sports”