£5million cole asks for more time to pay speeding fine the AA grumpy column

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

hello again

well its nearly tea time and starting to get dark so i think its time to settle down with another bottle of chateau grumpy 2010

talk about a two tier legal system.

ashley cole earning £100,000 a week and worth £5 million pounds has the audacity to ask for 21 days to pay his fine.

the jp,s even laughted as they granted it .

yet this imbacile was clocked doing 104 in a 50 zone more than twice the speed limit.

and then me laughing luds fined cole the measley sum of £1,000 fine and £300 costs with a 4 month ban which is now suspended because he is appealing.

how does this set any kind of example to those who break the law??

or an example to how football players in the public eye should behave.

oh but i forgot he,s a celebrity isnt he so theres one law for them and one for us.

what if this fool had caused an accident and killed an innocent driver and his passengers?

anyone else would have got a ban of 2 years a massive fine and possibly 14 days in jail.

they should have sent cole to the cells for a couple of hours for comtempt and then asked if he needed 21 days to pay .

i reccon he would have got his credit card out pretty quick.

and no doubt the jps who sentenced cole are chelsea supporters and have been offered something in the way of v.i.p treatment free entry drinks meal etc by the club.

in return for a slap on the wrist for ashley cole.

MULTI-millionaire Chelsea star Ashley Cole was fined £1,000 yesterday for speeding - and asked for 21 days to PAY.

The request from the £100,000-a-week Chelsea defender's lawyer was greeted with laughter by JPs - who still granted it.

England ace Cole, 29, was banned from driving for four months after doing 104mph in a 50mph zone. He also has to pay £300 costs.

His barrister Katherine Hodson said he was "not in a position" to appear before Kingston JPs in Surrey as he was travelling to Burnley for a match today.

But the hearing ended at 10.20am.

At 12.30pm Cole drove into Chelsea's training ground at Cobham - just eight miles away.

Cole, who moved to the Blues from Arsenal for £5million, was convicted of speeding in his Lamborghini on the A3 in Surrey in November 2008.

His ban was suspended as he is appealing.

Read more: £5m Ashley Cole begs extra time to pay his car fine | The Sun |News
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

So why did they grant it? I'm guessing because he was not there In attendence and had Commitments that meant putting a cheque In the post taking a week to clear. if he had attended court, he would have paid at the desk on his way out. I'm sure It was only due to him being unable to attend the court.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1286940 wrote: So why did they grant it? I'm guessing because he was not there In attendence and had Commitments that meant putting a cheque In the post taking a week to clear. if he had attended court, he would have paid at the desk on his way out. I'm sure It was only due to him being unable to attend the court.

You're missing the point. do over a 100 on a motorway and you lose your licence doing it in a town should have carried a jail sentence and a bit more than a four month ban. They should crush the cars of people doing those kind of speeds in a town now that would be a good deterrent, he clearly thinks he is above the law. wonder of the JP's would find it amusing of some scroat from a housing estate asked for more time.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1287053 wrote: You're missing the point. do over a 100 on a motorway and you lose your licence doing it in a town should have carried a jail sentence and a bit more than a four month ban. They should crush the cars of people doing those kind of speeds in a town now that would be a good deterrent, he clearly thinks he is above the law. wonder of the JP's would find it amusing of some scroat from a housing estate asked for more time.

I do agree with you but I was just answering the thread title and didn't have time to go further.

The police now have the power to sieze a vehicle under a Section 59. It gives Police the right now to take the vehicle even If you are caught with no Insurence. In the past, the Police were only able to give you a producer for you to show your paper-work within 7 days, but now they can take the car. Once the car has been siezed, the owner has the option of paying to get his car back. This cost I believe Is around £150 plus £12 for every day the Police have It. It works with Scroats as they can not get the car back unless they find the money AND get their Insurence in order first. For people like Cole, this would be Un-effective because £150 to get his car back wouldn't make the slightest dent In his wallet.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1287207 wrote: I do agree with you but I was just answering the thread title and didn't have time to go further.

The police now have the power to sieze a vehicle under a Section 59. It gives Police the right now to take the vehicle even If you are caught with no Insurence. In the past, the Police were only able to give you a producer for you to show your paper-work within 7 days, but now they can take the car. Once the car has been siezed, the owner has the option of paying to get his car back. This cost I believe Is around £150 plus £12 for every day the Police have It. It works with Scroats as they can not get the car back unless they find the money AND get their Insurence in order first. For people like Cole, this would be Un-effective because £150 to get his car back wouldn't make the slightest dent In his wallet.

Which is why I advocated crushing the car. It's really the only deterrent that's going to work for some people-that and a long driving ban.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1287284 wrote: Which is why I advocated crushing the car. It's really the only deterrent that's going to work for some people-that and a long driving ban. I agree with you. Under the Section 59, If any-one doesn't pay the fixed amount to get the car back and the £12 a day storage and get their paper work in order, the car is crushed. It would be a benifit If the car was automatically crushed when they are caught at that kind of speed.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

oscar;1286940 wrote: So why did they grant it? I'm guessing because he was not there In attendence and had Commitments that meant putting a cheque In the post taking a week to clear. if he had attended court, he would have paid at the desk on his way out. I'm sure It was only due to him being unable to attend the court.

and what gives cole the right not to answer to the magistrates personally ?

just because he is a footballer this gives him carte blanche to skip court?

what if it was someone who plays for an amature team there would be an arrest warrant issued.

one law for the rich and one law for the poor
Oscar Namechange

pantoandy;1287712 wrote: and what gives cole the right not to answer to the magistrates personally ?

just because he is a footballer this gives him carte blanche to skip court?

what if it was someone who plays for an amature team there would be an arrest warrant issued.

one law for the rich and one law for the poor If you Just fail to appear, then a warrant for your arrest Immdiately goes out, but If pre-arranged with the court you can not be arrested. In all motoring cases where It doe's not Invole a fatality or Injury, you can plead in your absense, Infact you merely fill out a form. Your Solicitor will be there on your behalf for you.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

i am aware of this oscar

but my point is that this loony was doing over 100 mph on an ordinary road

if cole gets a letter from the magistrates court saying he,s been fined £1.000

and points on his licence

he just pops a cheque in the post and carries on regardless

what sort of justice is this ????
Oscar Namechange

pantoandy;1287913 wrote: i am aware of this oscar

but my point is that this loony was doing over 100 mph on an ordinary road

if cole gets a letter from the magistrates court saying he,s been fined £1.000

and points on his licence

he just pops a cheque in the post and carries on regardless

what sort of justice is this ????
I'm with you all the way my little fellow BNP nazi :wah:

If anything, his fame adds to the disgrace by young lads looking up to this Moron and his Ilk. It's no example to set Is It ?. Maybe he should be kicked out of football also?

He's probably got an extremely small penis and needs a top of the range car speeding gives his ego a boost. They should have banned him for five years.

Return to “Sports”