House panel passes college football playoff bill

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

WASHINGTON -A House subcommittee approved legislation Wednesday aimed at forcing college football to switch to a playoff system to determine its national champion, over the objections of some lawmakers who said Congress has meatier targets to tackle.

The bill, which faces steep odds, would ban the promotion of a postseason NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision game as a national championship unless it results from a playoff. The measure passed by voice vote in a House Energy and Commerce Committee subcommittee, with one audible "no," from Rep. John Barrow, D-Ga.

"With all due respect, I really think we have more important things to spend our time on," Barrow said before the vote, although he stressed he didn't like the current Bowl Championship Series, either.

Story Link: House panel passes college football playoff bill - AOL Money & Finance
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Do these people have nothing better to do? :-5
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Ball sports are so silly.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

They've been complaining and spreading rumors about the NCAA football construction since the beginning of time!

"No, my team isn't as good as your team so we want the system changed!" It's what you hear every day...

The BCS is here to stay for quite some time I think...
G-man

Post by G-man »

Well, it's about time! :rolleyes: Yes, there are certainly more important matters that need attention, but this should have been changed decades ago. That's just my two cents. :p Okay, I'm done. :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

G-man;1271510 wrote: Well, it's about time! :rolleyes: Yes, there are certainly more important matters that need attention, but this should have been changed decades ago. That's just my two cents. :p Okay, I'm done. :D

Is it really a suitable topic for a government to legislate on?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bryn Mawr;1271521 wrote: Is it really a suitable topic for a government to legislate on?

NO!

This would be a horrible breach of the US Constitution and would only place the US one step further toward fascist horse pi:lips:!

:mad: I'll boycott College Football the day they do it and hope all whom have an ounce of compassion would follow suit!

Return to “Sports”