Five-year-old Romanian weightlifter becomes Internet star

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Giuliano Stroe has six-pack abs before turning six years old. And he's also in the Guinness Book of World Records before he can probably even read it.

Though it's highly unusual (and possibly unhealthy) for a child to start weight training at such a young age, the pre-schooler entered the record books earlier this year after completing the fastest ever 10-meter walk with a weight ball between the legs, which is both both highly impressive and highly specific. Since then, a four-minute video of Stroe has hit the Internet and made him a viral sensation.

abbey

Post by abbey »

Strong little bugger!
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I've learnt something from this. I always thought weight lifting for kids was dangerous - could stunt development due to growth plate injury. Apparently this is not so, as long as weight training is properly supervised.

Some parents push their kids. Some kids push themselves, just hafta do stuff like this. I know - my youngest daughter was an elite gymnast.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I bet he's a little handful of mischief ! Somehow I don't think he will suffer from kids bullying him at school, do you? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Return to “Sports”